Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Wow so defensive it was a simple question. I guess I will say sorry that your panties are in a bunch now.

RNJ12

I happen to go commando ....

Now if you could please answer the question rather than deflect it would be appreciated ......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I happen to go commando ....

Now if you could please answer the question rather than deflect it would be appreciated ......

Here goes your answer swamp leader, I NEVER said YOU mentioned race. If you could go back and reread my statement, or have someone read it to you it says "Are you telling me that white people never abuse the system?" I didn't say "Orangeman you are telling me white people don't abuse the system".

Damn people I guess politics really bring out the worst in a person so for those who I've offended, I don't care.

RNJ12

• Here goes your answer swamp leader, I NEVER said YOU mentioned race. If you could go back and reread my statement, or have someone read it to you it says "Are you telling me that white people never abuse the system?" I didn't say "Orangeman you are telling me white people don't abuse the system".

Damn people I guess politics really bring out the worst in a person so for those who I've offended, I don't care.

RNJ12

Sir, please see the highlighted section .... you quoted my post and specifically directed your question to me so I call BS .....

I am sorry if your attempt to skew the conversation in a different albeit predictable direction did not work and I forgive your turning to name-calling in frustration for not having a valid response. I don't take it personally and welcome the debate so you should feel no fear of offending.

.......... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Maybe Politically involved threads might best be kept to the proper forums instead of a Slingshot forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

I realize you are a “newbie” to this forum. I started this thread as a charter member when the forum was created. This thread has been a place to discuss opinions and debate issues and is one of the largest longest running threads on this forum to the entertainment of many. Should you find it inappropriate you might try finding the “Ignore” button. Thank you for your input

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I realize you are a “newbie” to this forum. I started this thread as a charter member when the forum was created. This thread has been a place to discuss opinions and debate issues and is one of the largest longest running threads on this forum to the entertainment of many. Should you find it inappropriate you might try finding the “Ignore” button. Thank you for your input

As you wish Bill, I’m ignoring you!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• its cyclical. Between school, poverty, family constructs, and other social and economic drivers, its a cycle that hasn't been broken yet.
    For instance, man gets arrested for a crime committed for whatever reason. Woman is left to care for kids. Kids are in a school that performs below national standards. Mom has to work 3 jobs just to keep a roof, kid doesnt know if there is going to be food. Kid drops out to find work to help pay for siblings, gets involved in illegal activities, gets arrested, and the cycle repeats. Even if they don't drop out studies have acknowledged that school perfoemance is affected by outside stressors like... Oh, lack of food and parental involvement. Kid can't get into a good school, gets a job making minimum wage in the same district, cycle repeats. Happens in poor white communities too, although those have a tendency to be in rural vice urban areas.

I agree with you my semi liberal sister :P and also with @Orangeman. The public assistance program needs to be reconstructed. I think that we all could agree that a woman that becomes pregnant and the father skips out deserves to be helped. On the other hand if that same woman continues to have more and more children requiring more and more support at the taxpayer’s expense is a problem. Welfare should not have incentives that make you want to stay in it forever...and generations

• its cyclical. Between school, poverty, family constructs, and other social and economic drivers, its a cycle that hasn't been broken yet.
    For instance, man gets arrested for a crime committed for whatever reason. Woman is left to care for kids. Kids are in a school that performs below national standards. Mom has to work 3 jobs just to keep a roof, kid doesnt know if there is going to be food. Kid drops out to find work to help pay for siblings, gets involved in illegal activities, gets arrested, and the cycle repeats. Even if they don't drop out studies have acknowledged that school perfoemance is affected by outside stressors like... Oh, lack of food and parental involvement. Kid can't get into a good school, gets a job making minimum wage in the same district, cycle repeats. Happens in poor white communities too, although those have a tendency to be in rural vice urban areas.

As you wish Bill, I’m ignoring you!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

And in so doing you are also ignoring the problem that you do not want to talk about are try to solve, because you think that someone is always trying to put someone down. We are not talking about race here we are lowering the standards for all. I am combining two post here. You cannot solve the problem by lowering the standards for education and requiring the students to be there.

• And in so doing you are also ignoring the problem that you do not want to talk about are try to solve, because you think that someone is always trying to put someone down. We are not talking about race here we are lowering the standards for all. I am combining two post here. You cannot solve the problem by lowering the standards for education and requiring the students to be there.

Agreed on the education. But you also can't just throw money at it and think that will solve the problem either. That's why I'm saying it's a complex problem. But then again, if you look at the current standards of our educational system... well.......

• Agreed on the education. But you also can't just throw money at it and think that will solve the problem either. That's why I'm saying it's a complex problem. But then again, if you look at the current standards of our educational system... well.......

I’m with ya - don’t know if I could pass math class anymore ;(?(
    https://youtu.be/r40ZRax6lxg

• Agreed on the education. But you also can't just throw money at it and think that will solve the problem either. That's why I'm saying it's a complex problem. But then again, if you look at the current standards of our educational system... well.......

Money will not cure the problem, but guess what is the first thing that gets cut. Education should be first thing after our military that gets funded.

• Fact #1: If there is an average IQ out there, then that means that 50% of the population is stupid.

The issue with our politics is that it seems the American people have about a 2 year... possibly 6 month memory of what has happened in the past. GWBush promised a tax break in his second term and won the election (albeit not entirely on that)... and in our area, our school taxes went up 20% or so because the funding got cut.

Another Fact.... the government doesn't give you ANYTHING back. Anyone who voted for Trump thinking he'd give you a 1.2% tax cut and didn't think he wouldn't take a 10% tax cut himself fits into fact #1 and not on the plus side. I'm sure in the hell looking at my 1.2% tax cut if it ever happened as a down payment on my 5% increase in living expenses as they'll cut something that the general public actually uses like Fire and Police.

Trump is the swamp. He's not draining shit. It's amazing to me how stupid people can be and the capacity of believing total BS just because an orange dude with white eyes says so on TV. Stop being sheep and realize that not everyone believe nor should believe what we do. It's our strength as Americans to have difference in opinions and recognize the fact that our service man and woman put their lives on the line to be able to voice those opinions.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• So your saying we would have been better off with Hillary at the wheel ??? ?(

• I swear I'm going to start the common sense party. Our motto will be "we piss everyone off equally, but at least we won't lie to you".

For instance:

Q: what is your tax plan?
    A: doesn't matter since Congress won't do it anyway.
    Q: what is your plan on North Korea?
    A: personally? I'd love to preemptively strike their asses. Officially I have no idea becauae they haven't granted us that security clearance yet.

• the NFL’s selective memory , remember Veterans Day boycott.
    Here are some “fun” NFL facts

• In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray,
      they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout
      to avoid glare and made him take it off.

• In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise
      awareness for people with mental health disorders.

• In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference
      wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it
      inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

• In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black
      for breast cancer awareness.

• In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness
      for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

• In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their
      helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

• In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to
      commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a
    sudden
    .... Don’t forget to show your freedom of expression and boycott the NFL on Veteran’s Day week end

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE