Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• if influencing elections were not allowed there would be no campaigning, no commercials or other advertising - nothing. we would simply be told the choices and we would vote. The simple act of campaigning is in and of itself an attempt to influence the voters and impact the outcome of the election. - - heck even sticking a Trump or Biden sign in your front yard is an attempt to influence others.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• if influencing elections were not allowed there would be no campaigning, no commercials or other advertising - nothing. we would simply be told the choices and we would vote. The simple act of campaigning is in and of itself an attempt to influence the voters and impact the outcome of the election. - - heck even sticking a Trump or Biden sign in your front yard is an attempt to influence others.

We all know that campaigning and commercials "stretch" the truth to the point that most are actually lies.... So splitting hairs between who "influences" elections is like saying "I didn't lie, I mis-spoke".

Putting a sign in ones yard to me is just saying this is who I am voting for.. I guess we all have different ideas regarding this... Thanks for responding.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Hope you stretched before that reach ...........

Come on man ....... really...

To clarify, by "your own" I was referring to American citizens and their election in their country. Not a specific candidate. Wouldn't want to attempt influencing you by dropping a name. (sarc)

I'll just refer you to others answers to your query as I cannot add anything and you apparently didn't actually want an answer that doesn't allow you to be shocked and dismayed by a simple statement of the reality of politics and politicking.

......... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• actually its my wife's idea and with the money we save you can bet we will be flying the grand kids out for regular visits or flying back for visits.. But even if it doesnt happen right now I still love that we always have the option of escape if we choose.

plus with our number one granddaughter already 22 and number 2 18 we dont even have to bring their parents when they visit :)

Leave parents to fend for themselves and take the Grandkids.

• Sounds like Sam Owens to me.

• Where is the line between election interference and the above ?? In Joe Biden’s State if the Union address he told 6 proven lies - all to make himself look better to influence an election. Why is he not on trial for election interference?? Guess there is a different definition for Dems and Reps. Who knew ????:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• When another country attacks you and starts a war the only proper response is to fight back with everything you have and pound them into submission until they surrender and release all POW's - this is what happened to Germany and especially Japan with WW2 and its exactly what should happen to Hamas for starting a war with Israel - - - the U.S. did not end ww2 by backing off and kissing Japans ass and Israel should not kapitulate to Hamas - if Hamas didnt want innocent people put in danger they should not have started a war - as much as it sucks this is the cost of war. and anyone who thinks its Israels job to back off and be nice clearly does not know the history of how wars are ended and peace maintained - if you take away the horrible cost of starting wars then no one has any reason not to do it again.

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Unfortunately, I did not consider your first response an answer, but a defense of an unnamed ones actions. If you believe that it is ok to influence elections with lies and inuendo, that is not our democracy... that is party politics.. and subjectiveness becomes even more clouded.

My original thought was that if a foreign country influenced our election to the favor of the party that one wanted to win, the egregiousness of that influence would not be viewed as negative as if it were for the other side. The idea of Democracy has nothing to do with influencing elections, it is only about winning for a party.

Your assumptions of shocked, dismayed, animosity are all just that assumptions.. Your answer gave no insight other than it is "politics". Thanks for your response.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Your assumptions of shocked, dismayed, animosity are all just that assumptions.. Your answer gave no insight other than it is "politics". Thanks for your response.

Actually.... they are statements based on your very own posts where you made clear your disdain for the person you assumed I was talking about.

Please re-read the response you quoted and focus tightly on the portion that starts with "To clarify" which proves your entire skewed premise irrelevant. That sir is you.

...... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......