Thoughts and Prayers going out...........

• Just plan sickening to see members of congress being shot at a Park 7 miles from the White House while practicing for their annual baseball game. Too early for all details, but preliminary reports have injuries and that they were targeted as a group

I don't care which side of any issues you may be on, to shoot at those in power that you don't agree with is just plain sick. I hope the report that says the shooter has been caught in fact is true and he never sees freedom again.

Yes, Politics sucks, but being politically correct is going to ruin this country if we all don't wake up

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Updated reports that a congressman from Louisiana was shot but condition is unknown at this time. 5 others have been reported as also being shot. Reports stated that over 50 shots were fired during this attack

Update: MSN reports that the shooter has been killed

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited 2 times, last by funinthesun ().

• House majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot in the hip, one US Capital Police officer on his security detail and a lobbyist where also shot .... the gunman was shot and is in custody ....

Update: Reports are Rep. Roger Williams and a staffer where also hit ...also reported the gunman has died ..... unconfirmed through official channels at this point.

Update..update: Rep Roger Williams was not hit ..... he was injured taking cover as was one other ... one of his staffers was ..

Update of update ..update: Confirmed ..the gunman has died ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 7 times, last by Orangeman ().

• I just wanna know WHY SHOOT THE COONASS when there are so much better targets in DC :00008172:

Seriously- looks like nobody killed and am very thankful for that !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Regardless of your personal political leanings, the political discourse and antagonisn in our country today is very concerning.

How is our democracy to proceed forward and evolve when both sides are so entrenched that any sign of compromise is seen as a weakness, as selling out?

And if you disagree with the other party, instead of finding good candidates and engaging in the electoral process and lobbying efforts to affect change, you support obstructionism, character assasination, etc.

We don't change our government by killing off those that we disagree with or don't like. And to suggest the killing of ANY president whether in jest, in an attempt to be funny, or in "artistic expression" has to be unacceptable for our democracy to be sustainable.

Thoughts and prayers to all affected by the shooting in DC today. Maybe the knuckleheads will wake up and realize they all are creating a potentially toxic environment.

• I'm all for peaceful protest and assembly (one of the great freedoms of this nation)... but never violence! This act was deplorable and will only harbor a greater divide. A sad day for America! ||

Update: Just heard from my friend on the hill, Congressman Scalise is in stable condition.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• The amazing thing is, the only reason there was any security presence there is because Rep Steve Scalise, holds the position of GOP House Whip. If not for that, there would have been zero security there. Common sense would seem to dictate that any public event such as this would automatically have some security. It might not be needed for a single individual, although former Rep. Giffords is an example to the contrary, but any gathering of multiple elected officials would seem to warrant a security presence.