Gifts from SS friends

• @SlingLow I submit this for your consideration regarding a possible location to hang your awesome bell:
    I found the perfect location to show off the bell @BONES gifted me. It's out of the way of harm, but easily seen and admired. You can see the bell in the middle right of the pic below.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I'm with you on that Brody! I have the ones Harvey gave me in Maggie on display. He knows how I support and believe in the 2nd Amendment. So I got one from him just because of that, but he wanted me to have one with a wrench also. I didn't post them up until I asked him if it was OK, which I did last evening. With @Bu11sh1t s blessing..... Thanks Harvey!

• Also, while on vacation over the 4th, my shaving kit blew out on the end. It was over 10 years old, guess it didn't owe me anything. We were travelling with @ThomaSS and his wife Rho, and a week or so ago they surprised me with this new "upgraded" one. He had ordered one for himself, and decided I needed one also! Thanks Larry!

• The bell Harvey gave me means the world to me and I just can’t risk getting it stolen. I display mine in my house and when I go on long trips like I did to Wisconsin it comes with me in its blue bag!

• Also, while on vacation over the 4th, my shaving kit blew out on the end. It was over 10 years old, guess it didn't owe me anything. We were travelling with @ThomaSS and his wife Rho, and a week or so ago they surprised me with this new "upgraded" one. He had ordered one for himself, and decided I needed one also! Thanks Larry!

Very much welcome my friend! Cya in a couple hours, keeping top off, hope it don't rain. :/

• I too am a very grateful recipient of a gremlin bell from @Bu11sh1t and am so honored by his generosity. I had mounted a gremlin bell from my friends in SD and when I washed my Sling this AM was distressed to see I had lost it during our Epic ride. Sooo thankful for @Bu11sh1t gift but have to find a very safe way and location to mount it. Thank you sir. I also received one of @KayTwo coins and feel blessed to count him as a friend. @Ross gifted me a neat container that is waterproof to make a travel tool kit, which is so handy. Don't know what I did to be so lucky but am happy I did whatever it was I did. :love::thumbup:

• Mr @Rob the Slob had a great surprise waiting for me when I arrived home tonight

While it looks like he may have just purchased a very expensive lens for me - that sly @Rob the Slob wants to be sure I am properly hydrated so this very cool lens is actually a thermos mug!

I know you think it looks like the perfect highball glass but I'll only use it for hydration from liquids primarily composed of H2O

Seriously @Rob the Slob - thank you so much for the wonderful thermos - I'll use it everyday

• you can put your extra lens in there to keep it dry

• @Bu11sh1t came strolling into Sundre, with a huge personality and an even larger gift sac than Santa Claus. Almost everyone he came in contact with left with something- either a gift, a huge smile or a really good laugh. While the sling parts were a plenty, the silver bells left a huge impression. Especially with a lonely gentleman, grieving the loss of his wife of almost 50 years, who was shyly admiring the slingshots, was pulled into Harvey’s emanating, welcoming presence and walked away with that precious silver... (he’s still talking about it of course). There is no one, not even our local police force, who didn’t fall in love with him & his wife.

I didn’t get a bell, or sling parts, heck I didn’t even get to see his slingshot’s lightshow! Instead he paid extortion rates for lemonade that Milez made just for him & proceeded to collect donations and sell tickets to cover some of the shortfall of the event. He & Diana also brought some of the most adorable clothes for baby Kingzley, some of the most delicious chocolate ever and what appears to be half the contents of their pantry- precious, homemade deliciousness... and begrudgingly, the container they were transported in. My favorite though, was having THEM, in person, to hug, to hear that voice in person that had been so comforting & made me laugh in the darkest of times. (he Thought he could fool me pretending to be someone else- then he spoke lol!).

It’s impossible, really, to list all the gifts these two so generously pour out into the world on a daily basis, both material gifts and just loving on, believing in and breathing life into everyone they come into contact with. So glad they stayed another day- so sad when they left, (there may or may not have been tears), still mad I never got to see the “alleged” lights :P

• I gotta be honest - there are NO Slingshots within a two or three hour drive of us. It's kind of depressing not to have folks nearby that you can call at the spur of the moment and grab dinner and a nice ride. Oh well, just makes us plan better.

The cross country trip to Sundre was awesome. Not the sights we saw or the places we went but the fellow riders. Getting the chance to meet folks from the forum that you had only read about was an awesome. Meeting new friends in Canada was just icing on the cake but having to leave that all and return to the grind sucks.

Anyway, I came home today and found a package in the mailbox containing these:

What great memories these instantly popped into my mind. Sitting in the garage, smoking a good cigar with @KayTwo talking about how the trip out was going to be and reflecting on the miles when we returned. What a great gift. I will enjoy these immensely and think of our adventure with each puff of blue smoke.

Thank you sir

• I will enjoy these immensely and think of our adventure with each puff of blue smoke.

Your cigars are burning oil? All kidding aside (tough for me), I'm in the same headspace as you. The trip was awesome, the people better, and work sucks! Turning the myths into men was worth the price of admission - 2 Slingshots and counting. I'm thrilled to have met the following forum members, in no particular order. There are likely more but I don't retain as much as I used to and didn't get to spend time with all of them.

@me & Sara - OK - that doesn't count
    @KayTwo - Jared - of course y'all know this
    @Ross - Rastafarian - most of you don't know this
    @exharleyrider - Randy
    @Bu11sh1t & Diana - You know this guy
    @'Slingshot Garage - Turbo Mark
    SundreSlingQueen - Shawna
    @lew88_88 - awesome dude. Goes by the name of Devon
    @JamesB & spouse - I should know her name - my Bad!
    @Thunder - Doug - I was blaming you for the thunder, and lightning, and rain.

I know I'm forgetting someone so my apologies.

A good time was had by all!

And of course @BryanL who I had met and have rode with and am rapidly becoming friends with and made the ride home with and have exceeded the acceptable level of 'ands' in a sentence with.

I know I'm forgetting someone.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• This post is long overdue because I had been searching for the words...when THANK YOU is so inadequate, it just doesn’t cut it. It’s hard to even process that someone could love you so unconditionally that they would leave their family to drive almost 7000 miles to give you a hug; and unload an unthinkably large amount of goodies from such a confoundingly small space. @KayTwo had thought of everything and everyone when he came to Sundre Slingfest. He slept in miserable conditions while he visited, worked his tail off and each gift, each gesture, each conversation left everyone here knowing they were in the presence of a real life hero. Impossible to list all of the gifts he’s given our family, not only during his visit but through this entire last year, none more important than hope (and hugs!). So many Canadian Hearts will be broken if he doesn’t come back next year!!!

• Been a crazy week here - not enough sleep and too many difficult conversations so I'm not surprised I hadn't looked at what the post office delivered. A box from @EjFord with an awesome poster for our garage! Thank you EJ it is absolutely fantastic and brought big smiles to Karianne and my face - you are far too kind. I'm looking forward to seeing you in just over a week

• Been a crazy week here - not enough sleep and too many difficult conversations so I'm not surprised I hadn't looked at what the post office delivered. A box from @EjFord with an awesome poster for our garage! Thank you EJ it is absolutely fantastic and brought big smiles to Karianne and my face - you are far too kind. I'm looking forward to seeing you in just over a week

Lots of THANKS to Harvey....he's the one who spent a ton of money when we went auction when Turn One Motorcycle closed the doors....