Shout out to Av8ingTom

• I have interacted and PM'd a little with Tom on here before MV. We had a great time with others (7 Slingshots) down to the falls on Thursday while there. Tom and I got to play a bit on Moonshine 28 on the way back up, right after he got his Supercharger (DDM) and Welter exhaust, among other things. We all had a great time I think. @Rob the Slob had appts that day, but was able to move them so he could go with us. Then his wife took ill the next morning (thinking it was something she ate the night before) and they didn't go. I do regret that, but that's my only regret for the day. (Including coming back after finding out Bob was there tuning, and getting a tune installed!)

While we were out, Tom mentioned that he had taken off a 1320 muffler. He said it was loud, and he smelled more fumes as I recall. But he had the largest baffle in it. He said that if anyone wanted it, he'd give it to them. I hadn't gotten the tune yet, only had the CAI from DDMWorks, and had a 1320 shorty header that had come a couple of days before the MV run. I hadn't put it on before the trip, so it was sitting on the workbench until I returned. I told him I wanted it, but wasn't sure about it also. My wife Sharon has allergies, and rich exhaust bothers her. He said, "I'll ship it to you. Use it or pass it on to someone that next person that needs it." Best I remember anyway... memory is the first thing to go?

At any rate, I got it today. I opened it up, has the the different baffles it looks like (Tom said he'd ship them) and looks really good, like nearly new condition! I just wanted to give @av8ingtom a shout out, and a big thank you on here! I'm not sure what will happen to the muffler at this point (thinking of trying it with the restricted baffle and the in line CAT before the muffler), but I or someone will get a great pay it forward deal! Thanks so much Tom!!

Anyone that believes in Karma in any way.... Tom just got a basket full!

• Brent. Thank you. I really hope you can use the 1320 muffler. It is a great muffler, but loud as hell, and I did get terrible exhaust fumes. I do have a top and I am sure that had something to do with the excessive exhaust fumes. Hope you can use it. Let me know if you do install it and what you think of the sound.

Great meeting you and your wife in MV and the ride down moonshine 28 was the highlight of my trip. Just sorry that we did not get more rides in while we were there.

• He is a great guy... got a chance to meet him at our rained out track day... and although we did not get to run our SS that day, it was really great to meet him. CLASS ACT ABSOLUTLY !!!!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• It's well documented that @av8ingtom came to my aide and hooked me up with a few bottles of Blanton's bourbon at SSITS...and we spent some time enjoying a beverage while he waited on a vendor to complete some work.

Very much appreciated his commitment and his company.

• It's well documented that @av8ingtom came to my aide and hooked me up with a few bottles of Blanton's bourbon at SSITS...and we spent some time enjoying a beverage while he waited on a vendor to complete some work.

It's well documented that @av8ingtom came to my aide and hooked me up with a few bottles of Blanton's bourbon at SSITS...and we spent some time enjoying a beverage while he waited on a vendor to complete some work.

And I thank you @Live-a-Little! for sharing some of that fine Kentucky Bourbon with me.

• Meh. He's not all that....

• Im waiting for him to play it forward with carbon :whistling::D

Thank you everyone for all the kudo's, but I think everyone on this forum would do anything possible for anyone of our brothers or sisters. I have personally been on the receiving end from many members. @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver for welcoming me into their home for Crystals welcome home party where I was able to meet @Tripod, @MACAWS, @DarkSquid, @adventure4me, @mytoy, and @V-SHOT. This is the meet and greet that really got me involved in this forum, and I am so thankful that they invited a total stranger to this event. I will always remember @Tripod father handing out his cards to everyone, I laughed my ass off. @V-SHOT and Velma inviting me to their house on Christmas Day , @MACAWS and His bride for opening up their home to everyone at SlingShots Uncorked, and I could go on and on. I thank all of you also for welcoming me into this great family. I have met some truly amazing people, and Maggie Valley was no exception. I only wish I could have stayed another week with all the wonderful people I became friends with in Maggie Valley,

This family is the greatest and I am just thankful to be part of it. I am truly blessed.

• These are the cards @av8ingtom is referring to that my Dad was handing out... :rolleyes:

@Tripod father walked up to me and introduced himself. We talked a few minutes and he ask me if I would like his card. I said sure, and he handed me the card in the photo. I laughed my ass off, and I will always remember that moment. What a wonderful man, and I really enjoyed spending some time with him.

• My Dad still talks about that day! You know who he talks about most? Colette! He thought she was awesome - apparently Colette was spoiling him rotten (making sure he had everything he needed when we were all chowing down on that awesome spread @KayTwo & @sideseatdriver laid out for us all!).

He also was amazed that @V-SHOT tossed me his SS keys so I could take him for a ride... :thumbup:

(BTW, did anyone snap a pic of my Dad in the Slingshot? We both would like to have that.)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014