New Member Intro - Complete with DRAAAAAAMAAA!

• Thanks Bro. Alpha all the way, baby! I'll let you know if it comes into play. The insurer (Geico) just accepted 100% liability yesterday. They rejected my request for 150%.

Dancing in the dark (pun intended), walking through the park (here), and reminiscing:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Glad you will be covered @SlingLow. That is a nice engine bay. Pull all that stuff out of there.

Should he leave that rusted nut/plug/what'cha'macallit? HAHAHAH

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• You should have seen me. The cop that took me home said it looked a 'little heated' when they showed up 4 minutes later. I asked, 'What do you mean?' He said when they showed up I had the guy's drivers license in one hand and his shirt collar in the other. All I remember is when they asked me for my license, I looked down and had one in my hand with someone else's picture. I handed it over and explained how he had just given it to me.He smelled enough of alcohol that they sequestered him immediately and ignored us until he was processed. It's the 1st time in my life that I was the old sober guy with the cool toy instead of the punk.

Tuff to be the "OLD Sober Guy"...... I got hit in the tail driving a 96 Buick full size Station Wagon when turning in to my driveway. Push my car fifty feet with my foot on the break. Made the young lady wait for the Police.... and after he showed up I showed her why????? Didn't want her taking out my Slingshot the next time down the road. Not enough damage on the Buick to worry about.

• I still have the stock intake if you can grab your cai. Is your ride at ProCaliber, or Portland?

Thanks Bryan! I live just about 4 miles north of ProCaliber and drive right past it to go to Polaris of Portland. Always have. Their service manager, Brent, is excellent, has been there for over a decade and their techs are top-notch. ProCaliber is a revolving door for personnel. Coincidentally, the house I'm living in now belonged to a ProCaliber service manager who lost his job before it was foreclosed on.

I sure appreciate the offer. I'm not sure how this will go. If they pay me for my parts, I will not be able to remove them without specific permission from the insurer. I'll get in touch once I know the drill.

• Well, it's official. The repair estimate for my 2015 SL came in yesterday at $21,247 including the frame which was tweaked and cracked where the swingarm/angle drive connect as I expected. So now I'm waiting impatiently for a settlement offer. The insurance company reps for both companies, mine and his, have been doing their jobs. The only frustrating part of this for me is not being able to ride.

I'm actively searching for my replacement Sling and have received a handful of offers from forum members, one of which doesn't even have his Slingshot for sale, but reacted to my unfortunate situation with an offer to sell. You know who you are! :thumbup: A couple of turbo'd machines have been offered up but I feel like I should stay N/A. I've owned my motorcycle since 1986 and my CJ5 since 1989, and I expect such a long-term relationship with my Slingshot. CAI/header/exhaust/tune is as far as I expect to go with the motor. This year. And probably next.

Thanks to all that have offered up encouraging words. If this is as bad as my life gets, I consider myself blessed!