New Member Intro - Complete with DRAAAAAAMAAA!

• Ah hell Slinglow. Sorry to hear about your ride being broken so soon. I'll keep my eyes open for another one too. We have some ridin to do this summer. There's some good roads up your way.

Hell ya, Bryan! From here to Infinity Mt St Helens and Beyond...

I'm still surprised how few Slingshots are in this area. I haven't even been on a group ride with my biking buddies yet. Don't worry, I'm not letting some drunk-ass take me out of the game. We'll get some miles in. I'm looking forward to it!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Good luck with the insurance company @Slunglow. Hold out for your money you think it's worth.

Welcome to this little forum. As far as i'm concerned we left most the grouches over at the dark side. It's been a blessing here with information and some great friendships.

See you at an event when you get back in the saddle.

• I would like to chime in for second. first of all welcome aboard @SlingLow. i was on the other side for a little bit and every time i asked a question i would never get a straight answer most of the time or a smart _ _ _ one. a buddy of mine drew shields told me about this form, i have asked a lot of questions on here and have received my answers and more with respect minus the fun talk lol. i know some get tired of me asking lol but i am new to the SS and have learned some much on this forum. there are great people on here that will do what they can to help out. as i have not yet meet any of the members on here and hope to do so in the future at an SS event. but all in all you can still count on the guys and gals on here to lend a helping hand. with that being said i would like to say thank all you guys and gals on here for helping us all out and again welcome aboard.

Thanks @Trooper, I did see you over there. Hope I wasn't one of your smart_ _ _ answerers. I do like to have fun but at the end of the day there needs to be a level of respect among all. Unfortunately I have a more wit (my opinion) than mechanical skills so that tends to be my contribution. Every once in a while I have some useful knowledge to share which feels good and gives me some understanding as to why a person would reach out to help a perfect stranger - or an imperfect one!
    The brotherhood is strong here. I feel it. (Queue Tripod)

I sure hope that's not a reference to my age... :rolleyes: Thanks for the welcome!

@ericastar76 it seems to me you were rebuilding your Sling when last we met online. Are you back in the saddle? Thanks for the shout-out.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Doug welcome to the 'Light'.....as we get to know each other, we do poke a little stick at each other from time to time. In fun.... Probably one of the most positive groups of people you will find anywhere.

We'll find you a real fast red machine....

• @SlingLow - hope you find a a new whip soon. I will be in the Washington/Oregon area after SSITR. Would love to meet ya for a ride or two - be greatly appreciated to have a local show me some of the good ridin roads.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @SlingLow - hope you find a a new whip soon. I will be in the Washington/Oregon area after SSITR. Would love to meet ya for a ride or two - be greatly appreciated to have a local show me some of the good ridin roads.

Thanks so much Mr. Martin. I will and I'd love to share the road and a cold one with you. I didn't schedule SSITR this year because my bride and I are leaving July 19 for Aruba and Curacao to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I guess that worked out since I don't have a Slingshot right now. Next year is already on my calendar. If you're still out here in August...

• Welcome to the forum @SlingLow. Sorry to hear of your accident. If your insurance will allow you to take off the Alpha shocks, they are repairable at a reasonable cost. @Turbosling sent mine to JRI to be fixed and they checked the front two for me when my first Sling was totalled.

Does this look similar?

Here is that same shock on my new Sling.

• My current plan is to request the return to stock of 4 items, no matter what the settlement offer is: the JRi shocks, my exhaust system (Alpha header and side-exit), my F4+3 windshield, and my brand spankin' new Momo Jet steering wheel. Those are the components that I have the stock parts for. I sent this pic to Henry and he has indicated some parts could be used in a rebuild. Of course he also suggested that the insurance pay me off for them.

Now don't that make your black ass blue! Sacrilege! Sorry Henry...

• Any word on how long it will take to settle to get you into a new sling?

The guy that hit me has not responded to his insurance company. Because of my delay in reporting the accident to his insurance, they have until tomorrow to accept (or deny) liability. I have sent them the police report. They will accept. Their adjuster should be out to the dealer on Wednesday, then they determine the cash value. I have no idea how long until they anoint my palm with cash.

I bought used and expect to buy used again so it could take some time to find my deal. I bought in December for a reason...

• The guy that hit me has not responded to his insurance company. Because of my delay in reporting the accident to his insurance, they have until tomorrow to accept (or deny) liability. I have sent them the police report. They will accept. Their adjuster should be out to the dealer on Wednesday, then they determine the cash value. I have no idea how long until they anoint my palm with cash.
    I bought used and expect to buy used again so it could take some time to find my deal. I bought in December for a reason...

Just throwing this out there for you to chew on...

A new Sling is available right here at my local dealer. Price is $24000 Canadian. At the current rate of exchange, that is $17852.49 USD.

It might be worth your time to cross the line and buy new complete with full (possibly extended if you choose) warranty. Do your research and make your decisions

• Anything that far from home will add $1k to $2k to the price to fly out and drive home. What does a Slingshot paint job cost? I drool every time I see @'DKF Texas''s rockin' paint. And I'm not from Texas...

I guess I'm not thrilled with the lack of history and 5 day warranty. Looks like a curbstone dealer. Then there's the upgrades required: wheels, tires, stereo, intake, exhaust, etc.

Wait, that's the same on all of 'em. My bad! :whistling:

• Just throwing this out there for you to chew on...

A new Sling is available right here at my local dealer. Price is $24000 Canadian. At the current rate of exchange, that is $17852.49 USD.

It might be worth your time to cross the line and buy new complete with full (possibly extended if you choose) warranty. Do your research and make your decisions

Would I have to drive on the left side of the road?

Just kidding. That's not a bad option. I know there are some differences with the Canadian Slings. Does anyone know what they are other than the headlights? What is the name and location of this dealer MBMedic? Thanks for the info!