Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017 (Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 10:03am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 2:03pm)

Date

Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017

Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 9:03 am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 1:03 pm

103 2nd Street, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

18 participants, 32 undecided and 3 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Days
    Hours
    Minutes
    Seconds

Updated 9/21/17

September 29 – October 1, 2017
    Brought to you by
    SlingshotInfo.com

Sponsors:
    Brewer Cycles:http://www.brewercycles.com
    United Country Virginia Realty: http://www.ucvirginiarealty.com
    Magnuson Hotel: http://conradusa.com/magnuson/index.html
    Big Buggs Island Blues Bash: http://bbibb.org for Info & Tickets
    Clarksville Economic Development Assoc (CEDA)

Meeting Place & Host Hotel:
    Magnuson Hotel
    103 Second Ave
    Clarksville, VA23927
    434-374-5023
    http://conradusa.com/magnuson/index.html

Contact/Registration Email:
    Mitch: SBB17@hughes.net[/email]
    Please email with any questions

Agenda

Friday 9/29 - Winery/Brewery Ride & Outdoor Movies
    10:00 AM – Welcome & Stage for ride at Magnuson Hotel
    10:30 AM – RIDE TO SANS SOUCY VINEYARDS & STAUNTON RIVER BREWING CO.
    1571 Mount Calvary Road, Brookneal, VA 24528 - 434-376-9463
    http://www.sanssoucyvineyards.com
    https://www.stauntonriverbrewing.com
    1:00 PM - Arrive Winery/Brewery; Lunch Available
    Vittles SoCo Kitchen Food Truck (Entrees $8-10): https://www.facebook.com/VittlesSocoKitchen
    3:00 PM – Return ride back to Magnuson Hotel
    Back by 5:00 PM for Dinner in Clarksville – so many great places to eat!
    7:00 PM – OUTDOOR MOVIE NIGHT at the Flying Pig Ranch, All Slingshot Booze & Blues attendees invited!
    Email Mitch for address: sbb16@hughes.net

Saturday 9/30 - Poker Run, Lunch, & Big Buggs Island Blues Bash
    8:30 AM – Leave Magnuson Hotel for Brewer Cycles
    9:30 AM – Stage at Brewer Cycles for POKER RUN
    420 Warrenton Rd, Henderson, NC 27537 - 252-492-8553
    10:00 AM – POKER RUN Begins
    1:00 PM - LUNCH at Brewer Cycles provided by Polaris
    1:30 PM - Poker Ride Winners Announced

AFTER Lunch/Announcements – Ride back to Clarksville for the
    BIG BUGGS ISLAND BLUES BASH (2-10 PM)
    Robbins Ballpark, 104 Woodland Dr, Clarksville - For Info & Tickets:http://bbibb.org

Sunday 10/1 – Breakfast Bash, Lake Tours, Winery Ride
    10:00 AM - Breakfast Bash at United Country VA Realty
    Sponsored entirely by United Country for you!
    405 Virginia Ave., Clarksville, VA23927
    AFTER Breakfast - for everyone sticking around, we'll cruise some favorite local roads.
    We have a bunch of options and can choose at breakfast. Three Sisters of Shiney Rock
    Winery in Clarksville is on one of the roads and they agreed to open exclusively for us
    to stop by for a tasting. We could ride some more and then return to Clarksville for a
    stop at Buggs Island Brewery. No specific end time - we'll wing it to suit your needs.

THREE SISTERS OF SHINEY ROCK WINERY (open just for us!)
    5484 Shiney Rock Rd, Clarksville, VA; 434-374-8570
    http://www.threesistersofshineyrock.com
    BUGGS ISLAND BREWING CO. (Open Fri 5-10, Sat 1-10, Sun 1-6)
    110 College St, Clarksvllle, VA; 434-265-3343
    buggsislandbrewing

This event was conceived and organized by Slingshot owners and is staffed entirely by Volunteers.
    “Not for Profit – All for Fun!”

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK folks

As things develop we will be tweaking our plans a bit.
    First we will most likely move the poker run to Friday with the help of Brewer Cycles I will be meeting with them in the next few weeks to finalize details.

I must say there is on benefit to setting up one of these events. This evening Colette and I took a ride to Buggs Island Brewery. It was this really cool little place right on 15. The owner is a really nice guy. They can accommodate about 40+ people and the place was packed. everyone there raved about the beer. This will definitely be a landing spot at one point of the weekend. There was one catch. The owner has 10 year old twin sons and he asked if someone would step up and take them for a ride. @V-SHOT was kind enough to take my friends 2 sons for a ride at Uncorked and they both still talk about it every time I see them.

Tomorrow we are planning a quick trip to check out Rosemont Winery which we are planning on making another highlight of the booze part of this weekend. Will post details over the weekend as I have to hustle back to work.

I am curious to see how many people would like to do the Drive in Movie again. I need some sort of head count before I go see them.

You all have a great fathers day and we will keep you posted.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ok Gang
    We finally had some free time to test drive a portion of the route that Designer is working on. As always he has outdone himself. Spectacular back roads very little traffic with the exception of a farm tractor. We made a stop at Rosemont Winery. This is one of the few local wineries that can handle a large crowd. The even organizer was off today but we will reach out to them and set up a tasting and some sort of food for our visit. This will be our first stop. Next Designer is looking into a route that will take around the south side of the lake and back up towards Clarksville. There is a very small winery just outside of town that I am trying to set up as a second stop. Will keep you posted. Here are a few pictures from Rosemont 460 acres.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ok Gang
    We finally had some free time to test drive a portion of the route that Designer is working on. As always he has outdone himself. Spectacular back roads very little traffic with the exception of a farm tractor. We made a stop at Rosemont Winery. This is one of the few local wineries that can handle a large crowd. The even organizer was off today but we will reach out to them and set up a tasting and some sort of food for our visit. This will be our first stop. Next Designer is looking into a route that will take around the south side of the lake and back up towards Clarksville. There is a very small winery just outside of town that I am trying to set up as a second stop. Will keep you posted. Here are a few pictures from Rosemont 460 acres.

Velma and I stopped into Rosemont Winery after the last Booze and Blues. We had a wonderful time, and the Staff was great, as well. Picked up a few spoils from the trip there. This event is shaping up to be even better than the stellar event from last year!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Velma and I stopped into Rosemont Winery after the last Booze and Blues. We had a wonderful time, and the Staff was great, as well. Picked up a few spoils from the trip there. This event is shaping up to be even better than the stellar event from last year!!!!!!

Thank you for the vote of confidence brother. You do realize that my biggest fear is disappointing you guys...We are trying to make sure you all have a good time.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Thank you for the vote of confidence brother. You do realize that my biggest fear is disappointing you guys...We are trying to make sure you all have a good time.

We love coming down to Clarksville. Great town, great rides, and great people.
    And you and your bride are fantastic host. It will be a wonderful weekend Mitch, and all of us are looking forward to it.

• Thank you for the vote of confidence brother. You do realize that my biggest fear is disappointing you guys...We are trying to make sure you all have a good time.

Oh, stop that. If we can again hang out on the porch of the ranch, the trip is a success.

I'll get on recruiting in a week or so. Would be great to have some new faces.

Winery sounds nice. I haven't been to that one.

• Since our schedule revolves around work & family (UGGGHHH!!!), we are quite limited on what we can plan at any given time!!!
    We are seriously considering making this event this year. I've been looking, but for the life of me, I don't see anything regarding good suggestions for hotels?? Nothing fancy, but would need to be pet friendly. We have to bring our fuzzy princess, a long haired chihuahua. (AKA: Jaws of Death)
    Really hoping to make this event and could use some suggestions for a place to lay our heads 8)

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Oh, stop that. If we can again hang out on the porch of the ranch, the trip is a success.
    I'll get on recruiting in a week or so. Would be great to have some new faces.

Winery sounds nice. I haven't been to that one.

Just to piggy-back on @ethermion , Thank you, Mitch for putting YOUR touch on every event you have thrown!!!! You, @Designer, and the rest of your Crew in that neck of the woods have done an outstanding job putting on such events that have included your Slingshot family. I think we can all agree that Clarksville holds a special place in our hearts. The scenery, the rides, the people, the town, and the fellowship keep us coming back. Mainly, I think it's the people involved in the planning stage that keep us coming back. You guys throw one hell of an event!
    We've got a new rider or two in our area. Rest assured, we will be bending their ears on attending. :thumbsup::00008040:

• Since our schedule revolves around work & family (UGGGHHH!!!), we are quite limited on what we can plan at any given time!!!
    We are seriously considering making this event this year. I've been looking, but for the life of me, I don't see anything regarding good suggestions for hotels?? Nothing fancy, but would need to be pet friendly. We have to bring our fuzzy princess, a long haired chihuahua. (AKA: Jaws of Death)
    Really hoping to make this event and could use some suggestions for a place to lay our heads 8)

This will be the Host Hotel...
    Magnuson on the Lake
    Great people, and I think they are Pet-Friendly!!!!

• This will be the Host Hotel...Magnuson on the Lake
    Great people, and I think they are Pet-Friendly!!!!

Thanks my friend!! :00000436:
    I'll check it out!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• One more question....sorry:

When I call to make reservations, should I reference this event for possible special room rates or anything?

• It is worth a try!!!Mention MY NAME, and they will probably Double your rate!!!!!!! :00008172:

LMAO!! I'll just be lucky if they didn't hear about the Jones Boys at Lake George last year!!!