Production Status - MeanSling Sport Top

• I have received a lot of inquires as to when the Sport Top will be back in stock. I have started this thread so that I can keep everyone up to date as the second production run starts. I will try to update what changes are being made and what is being added or deleted so that everyone can stay in the loop and possible supply feedback.

I will start redesigning the front mounting brackets and the rear hoop mount tomorrow (6/07/17). The revised changes include additional adjustment holes and the elongation of the hood mounting holes to accommodate the 2017 hoop change.
    I will be fabricating these parts so that testing can start by the end of the week. If the changes are approved I will start manufacturing of these brackets by next week. I will also be meeting with my frame manufacture tomorrow to discuss what was learned regarding the SlingShot itself and how to best tackle the drivers side variations. I hope to start manufacturing the frames and arms early next week as well.

After some conversations with current customers I will be inspecting and testing current top fabric to see what modifications are needed, if any. These is one of the longer lead time components and will do my best to expedite the revisions so production can start ASAP.

All other components are either on order now or will be by the end of the week.

The other part of the next production run will be the finalization of the instruction sheets and possible a detailed installation video. I hope to be able to supply a flash drive with each top that includes the instructions and video.

The one lesson learned this past week is that every single SlingShot was different. I will be building setup fixtures to pre-assemble components to insure that minimal adjustment will be required during installation.

Again I would like to thank everyone for their support in getting this thing rolling.

Patrick
    AKA Ruptured Duck.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• rework started on the brackets. Added adjustability where needed. Just need to make it look good.
    Having fun with this Patent pending design for sure.

Oops, pics upside-down but you get what it's about. Just flip your monitor.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Just a really good video on youtube will work well for install wit ha download link as I would use my Android tablet anyway after watching it on my big screen.
    I think the flash drive would be a added cost and not meet as many people s needs a a Youtube video which works on just about anything for formats
    just saying ?

• also would like to add that the various load rated lift struts have also shipped to me for testing.

Will work on that accessory this weekend. Have 30lbs, 40lbs and 60lbs 7" struts on their way.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I should be posting up pictures and comments on the install on Felicia's tonight. It is mounted with a Wind Restrictor.
    Simple install with a lot of adjustability to line it up. Well done RD!

are you doing it now? Install feedback please. You are the first and even doing it without instructions. Your are a brave soul.
    I'll PM you my cell for any questions.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Please figure it out @Slingrazor because I love my windrestrictor sooo much that it has kept me from buying a top just so I dont lose it!! Would be awesome to have a great quality top at the fraction of the price AAAAAND keep my wind restrictor!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM