funny people

• A guy in a yellow Corvette pulled up next to me at a light this afternoon. He kept revving his motor like he wanted to race my poor little stock Slingshot. I smiled and waved at him and when the light turned green he punched it and burned out. I laughed and pulled out normally. I think it is very funny that people in cars that cost way more seem to thing they need to challenge my little toy. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if I might have been able to be faster for the first 100 feet because of the weight advantage, but after that seriously was he that insecure?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I feel some are just curious...

I have literally been chased by a Ford Fusion... Dodge Charger... Um... Chrysler Crossfire... Volkswagen GTI... Mustangs of course... So many...

The Dodge actually followed me out my exit from the highway and at that point I was a bit worried... We had reached speeds of about 100+mph... We got to a red light and he then lowered the window and asked what was under the hood... When I said 4 cylinder, his mouth dropped. His v8 was struggling to keep up...

• As a side note, I love it that people with cars that cost as much as houses cost in some parts of the country see my little red wagon as a threat - - - I am soaking up the fun when my Sling is next to a Maserati in a parking lot and all the people are looking at my Sling and asking questions as if the 100,000 Maserati is just a ford

• I feel some are just curious...

I have literally been chased by a Ford Fusion... Dodge Charger... Um... Chrysler Crossfire... Volkswagen GTI... Mustangs of course... So many...

The Dodge actually followed me out my exit from the highway and at that point I was a bit worried... We had reached speeds of about 100+mph... We got to a red light and he then lowered the window and asked what was under the hood... When I said 4 cylinder, his mouth dropped. His v8 was struggling to keep up...

and you in your ride weighed about 1,700 pounds, and he in his was probably around 5,000. Performance is not just about HP. what that HP has to push makes a big difference. I knew a guy who put a stock 308 in a Vega - he won every race

• biggest problem in these off the line for my Sling isnt power, its traction - 100% stock and I still lose traction and spin it even in third if I really get on it and dump the clutch

• Yep... :thumbdown:

just so you know - NO you cant have that part - I'm in California and I might have to put it back on to pass some dump idiot test - I must keep all parts :)

• A guy in a yellow Corvette pulled up next to me at a light this afternoon. He kept revving his motor like he wanted to race my poor little stock Slingshot. I smiled and waved at him and when the light turned green he punched it and burned out. I laughed and pulled out normally. I think it is very funny that people in cars that cost way more seem to thing they need to challenge my little toy. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if I might have been able to be faster for the first 100 feet because of the weight advantage, but after that seriously was he that insecure?

just wait my friend until the mud bug hits. Then the Corvette will be looking at your tail lights!

• just wait my friend until the mud bug hits. Then the Corvette will be looking at your tail lights!

okay - you lost me, no clue what you are talking about

• Mod Bug =. Exhaust, Supercharger, Wheels/Tires, ECM Tune, etc. etc. etc...... hang on to the Forum and we'll help you spend your money to make a Corvette owner envious!!!!!

• biggest problem in these off the line for my Sling isnt power, its traction - 100% stock and I still lose traction and spin it even in third if I really get on it and dump the clutch

With traction control on it feels like you are burning the back tire off but really only spinning about 10%. Make sure all the idiot lights are off meaning all the auto controls are on!

• Mod Bug =. Exhaust, Supercharger, Wheels/Tires, ECM Tune, etc. etc. etc...... hang on to the Forum and we'll help you spend your money to make a Corvette owner envious!!!!!

okay I get it now - the post I replied to said "Mud" bug - which to my friends from the south is a crawfish

• Went past a young teen on a bicycle coming toward me on the sidewalk the other day. He stopped pedaling, stood there with his mouth wide open yelling “what” in total amazement.

That’s the best positive reaction I’ve seen so far.