No .. it will not fit...we don't have an OBD port ...we have a proprietary diagnostics plug ...

Reach under your dash, right behind the ignition key, and you will find it clipped into a keeper or stuffed into your steering console if your dealer is too lazy to put it back where it belongs ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Hey, anyone come up with a converter from the diagnostics plug to OBD 2? Can it be done? I wanted to figure out how to plug a OBD bluetooth device in. I know OBD2AllInOne has an adapter, but not sure if that can be further adjusted with an OBD2 adapter.

@rabtech - Hey, you were looking at differences between the obd2allinone system and then the OTB Powersports version. How did that end up going? Recommendations?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• If you are worried about your dealer flashing your computer....according to my mechanic Polaris stopped dealers from doing it on their own when they sent out their last Digital Mechanic update...all computer flashing can only be done through the dealer and Polaris....and you will need a good reason.....

The dealer can no longer do it like they use to be able to.

• If you are worried about your dealer flashing your computer....according to my mechanic Polaris stopped dealers from doing it on their own when they sent out their last Digital Mechanic update...all computer flashing can only be done through the dealer and Polaris....and you will need a good reason.....

The dealer can no longer do it like they use to be able to.

Nope, no worries. I am looking at a HUD system for a Christmas gift for my son and his car. But like the thought of having a standard OBD2 port on the slingshot. Just didn't know if it can be done. As far as systems and readers, I just want to poke around and learn as much as I can, so didn't know what systems are best. I saw on another board that @rabtech was looking into both and didn't know what the outcome was.

From what I hear/ been told, there is just no way to have an OBD2 port on a slingshot, but seems a bit odd to me. I'll check out Rabtech's posting with the Haltech though. Thanks @Ross

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Nope, no worries. I am looking at a HUD system for a Christmas gift for my son and his car. But like the thought of having a standard OBD2 port on the slingshot. Just didn't know if it can be done. As far as systems and readers, I just want to poke around and learn as much as I can, so didn't know what systems are best. I saw on another board that @rabtech was looking into both and didn't know what the outcome was.
    From what I hear/ been told, there is just no way to have an OBD2 port on a slingshot, but seems a bit odd to me. I'll check out Rabtech's posting with the Haltech though. Thanks @Ross

Pretty sure you are correct - there is no ODB port or any way to get one thru the Polaris ECM
    You can do it thru after market ECM such as Haltech

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Don't know how Polaris wired the port as far as OBDII wiring comparability, but, IIRC, Polaris altered the data stream and it is no longer OBDII compliant and that is the reason behind the lack of OBDII compatibility. You can try and connect an OBDII reader to the port, but the reader can't understand anything the Polaris system outputs.

• If we can access the raw can bus data and somehow determine the pid’s, we can easily wire a Bluetooth arduino module to a laptop or ant+ device a Garmin VIRB could read (just think of all the cool video overlays we could make)!

In any case... I may have a cheap solution... it’s on the list. :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• IIRC, there were some posts about efforts to read the data stream from the ECU over on TDS. I believe they all came before Bob managed to figure out how to reprogram the ECU.
    This was the best link I could find, but there might be others -
    Reading the data from the diagnostic port. Pics on page 5 | Polaris Slingshot Forum.
    I don't remember if it was in this thread, but I distinctly remember reading where someone posted the data stream was NOT OBDII compliant and had a different length/order, or something to that effect.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• IIRC, there were some posts about efforts to read the data stream from the ECU over on TDS. I believe they all came before Bob managed to figure out how to reprogram the ECU.
    This was the best link I could find, but there might be others -
    Reading the data from the diagnostic port. Pics on page 5 | Polaris Slingshot Forum.
    I don't remember if it was in this thread, but I distinctly remember reading where someone posted the data stream was NOT OBDII compliant and had a different length/order, or something to that effect.

Essentially, I would take a USB-to-CAN FD reader (may have to make one on the Arduino if they are too expensive) and stream that data to a few opensource apps I know which could help me determine some of the PID’s which are stored in hexadecimal. Once I know those ID’s, I would then make an 8-pin connector, wire-up a micro pcb board to route that data via Bluetooth, and put some micro process in an OLED (or something to that effect) for visual output.

EASY PEAZY!! :thumbsup:

Signature.png

• HAHA :00008172: I’m just your plain southern girl who (on occasion), enjoys falling asleep reading a bunch of random stuff. OMG, like I’m halfway through this AMAZING book on stress fractures in titanium (it’s a real page turner... and I can hardly put it down)!!

#EricaReadsNerdPr0n

Signature.png

• To give the ‘non-technical’ in the room an idea of what I’m looking to do (I have a bunch of stuff I want to make first and this ties into that later on in my project plan)... just YouTube any video on reading “Decode CAN Data” (or something like that).

Here’s a link I quickly grabbed...

Signature.png

• Essentially, I would take a USB-to-CAN FD reader (may have to make one on the Arduino if they are too expensive) and stream that data to a few opensource apps I know which could help me determine some of the PID’s which are stored in hexadecimal. Once I know those ID’s, I would then make an 8-pin connector, wire-up a micro pcb board to route that data via Bluetooth, and put some micro process in an OLED (or something to that effect) for visual output.

EASY PEAZY!!

So what you are saying is --- HUH???????????????????????????????????

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!