Sport Top Feedback

• One suggestion RD. You might consider rubber/plastic caps for the bar attachment when it is removed. Also, a quick disconnect or pull pin instead of the bolt at the base. OK, I realize that's two suggestions.
    Love mine! removed it today to see how easy it would be. Removed everything in less than 10 minutes. After driving around town for a couple hours I realized how much sun it blocks. ;( Looks like it will probably be on most of the time and take it off for country drives.

• @dangerdarrell thank you. Both of your suggestion were discussed up at Maggie with different people. The rubber cover caps will be part of the second run and I'll try to get them out to all the first adapters. As for the pull pin I explained it to a number of people. It involves keeping the front A-Arms as ridged as possible to keep unwanted side to side movement when behind large vehicles and trucks (AKA buffeting).
    The bolt allows there to be some additional clamping force that a pull pin would not allow.

Guess I need to do further testing before I will be willing to advise it being OK.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• How is your top being held in the photo showing it raised?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

My top didn't use any of the adjustment that @Ruptured Duck allowed for. Meaning, my mirror mounts were correct, so he could put all the adjustment he had allowed for to be used to get the top higher for me. That achieved at least two things, one, more visibility for me, and two, because it was higher, the top clears the windshield and stand straight up. It only works like this with little or no wind. I will be adding the shock setup when it is available.

• Thanks @Goats_Hogs for the feedback. They will be exchanging a front mirror post with me. Hopefully, I can then adjust that much alignment into mine. I'm also going to be ordering one of the gas shocks as soon as they become available. Right now I'm carrying around a cardboard tube. :)

I'm just like everyone else that was fortunate enough to get one of the few available advance units at Maggie Valley: I'm loving' it! Even though it is dirt simple to remove, I'm not sure it will ever come off.

MeanSling.com hit another home run with this product. So far they are three for three. :00010166:

• Maverick 5990, yes I had to trim off only on the ends or the +3 windshield.
    Just measure 9 inches from the top side edge and 2 1/2 inches down the side edge.
    Draw a line to connect these two points. That will be your cut line.
    Cover the area with masking tape to prevent scratching the windshield with your jig saw.
    Use a 32 teeth blade. You will find that when finished, the windshield looks like it came from the factory that way.

• Thanks @Goats_Hogs for the feedback. They will be exchanging a front mirror post with me. Hopefully, I can then adjust that much alignment into mine. I'm also going to be ordering one of the gas shocks as soon as they become available. Right now I'm carrying around a cardboard tube. :)

I'm just like everyone else that was fortunate enough to get one of the few available advance units at Maggie Valley: I'm loving' it! Even though it is dirt simple to remove, I'm not sure it will ever come off.

MeanSling.com hit another home run with this product. So far they are three for three. :00010166:

@Stroker what is it you are needing?
    Also the lifts will be up very soon on our website. We can be shipping at the end of the week.

Thank you guys for all the support.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Update on my post, quoted here for reference. @Ruptured Duck I wasn't sure where to put this, so I went with the feedback thread. Let me know if you want it someplace other than here, I can do that. Today I got my shock from Patrick. It installed quickly and was flawless. It didn't lift my top, but it does help and holds it up very well. I'm very happy with that. He and I had discussed the brackets, I was thinking I would like to have another inch of lift in the front. We talked about possible air issues, and how it might make the noise or air flow worse. I started putting the top back on at 7 this evening, and was done... warmed up the Sling and rode a bit before a real test ride.... and was back at 8. I can honestly say, I like it way better in this position! All things were better. Extra inch (for me, and I didn't need any of the adjustment as mine was one of the lucky level ones) of visibility, less noise (surprised me, but it was lowered as far as air noise) better flow (air does move more at upper levels, but quietly overall) and just more everything to me. Those are the upsides. Downside you say? 1 inch more between the stock windshield and the top will likely let a little more rain in. So far, that's the only downside I see... but doesn't offset the upsides by far for me!

I plan to keep the top on for at least awhile. I'll report back later, after more miles are put on with it. For now, I am stoked! Wife likes it better this way too! Here are some pictures, sorry the first ones are a tad blurry. The last one shows my line of sight at 6'4". Love it!

• @Goats_Hogs Thank you for the feedback. One thing, flip the strut so that the quick disconnect is at the end cap. That way you simple pull the release lever of the strut with the top raised, lower the top and remove the knobs and then lift off. The strut should come off with the top.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Has anyone with a Sport Top tried to fit the Polaris trailer cover on by just taking the top off and leaving the front support arms on? Curious to see if the cover still fits. On the way back from SSITS I had the cover on mine but I took the top and arms off.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

DONT DO IT!! It will poke holes in the canvas !!! At least it did mine :(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it