Sport Top Feedback

• Yes I have the stock Blade W/S.
    What size do you have?

I am ~6' but more torso than legs so that plays into it, really looking forward to hearing from @Bill Martin especially when it comes to forward vision during normal riding through town and what not.
    currently i have the blade w/s, the idea is to go to the F4+3.
    Hopefully i can find someone with that W/S and your top, I really don't want to buy them and find that they don't fit "my" needs then be disappointed/angry at myself later.

...... I somehow missed the part that @scootertrash has the f4+3...... :rolleyes:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• I am ~6' but more torso than legs so that plays into it, really looking forward to hearing from @Bill Martin especially when it comes to forward vision during normal riding through town and what not.currently i have the blade w/s, the idea is to go to the F4+3.
    Hopefully i can find someone with that W/S and your top, I really don't want to buy them and find that they don't fit "my" needs then be disappointed/angry at myself later.

Understand 100%. @scootertrash needed to have the corners trimmed on his f4 +3 but I had one that installed with it just rubbing as it was tilted. The Slingshot itself is the problem. The one that cleared was able to have the front adjustment nobs fully adjusted up and gave just the clearance that was needed. Scooter's required an adjustment (keeping the rear level) that lowered the top ever so slightly and just made contact as it would tilt.

The next production run will have additional front adjustment holes to allow it to be raised an extra 1/2" plus and may fix the contact issue. Also I believe F4 makes a top friendly +3 so I need to do a little research.

I do know that @Bill Martin has seats that sit a tad bit higher than others and his visibility outward is marginal for his frame. I'll be sending him, @Street Doc, @Goats_Hogs and anyone else that request them the longer front brackets.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I really haven't had the chance to drive it much with the new top but I have sat in other Slings with tops and field of vision is very close IMO. Raising it just a tad as @Ruptured Duck suggests should make in comparable to any other top.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Seeing out is no problem for me (5'10" on a good day) . The top is light and easy to unlatch, lift and enter. Exits without a device to hold it open makes it difficult for old men but younger folks have no problem. I know a strut is coming but I'm going to design something quick as I like it too much!!!

The wind buffering on my stock height WS is virtually gone. The sun is not blinding me when topping hills and for the life of me, my ride seems much cooler temperature wise! It's much more comfortable in stalled traffic and all the chicks at the gas stations loved it!!!!

Noise seems reduced at 55mph and under but above that it's equal to BTT (before the top). Funny but at lower speeds I can hear the Sling better (squeaks, rattles, etc)

It's very easy to remove and install and, damnit, it was designed and installed by a very good friend....all the more reason I wanted it!

• Understand 100%. @scootertrash needed to have the corners trimmed on his f4 +3 but I had one that installed with it just rubbing as it was tilted. The Slingshot itself is the problem. The one that cleared was able to have the front adjustment nobs fully adjusted up and gave just the clearance that was needed. Scooter's required an adjustment (keeping the rear level) that lowered the top ever so slightly and just made contact as it would tilt.
    The next production run will have additional front adjustment holes to allow it to be raised an extra 1/2" plus and may fix the contact issue. Also I believe F4 makes a top friendly +3 so I need to do a little research.

I do know that @Bill Martin has seats that sit a tad bit higher than others and his visibility outward is marginal for his frame. I'll be sending him, @Street Doc, @Goats_Hogs and anyone else that request them the longer front brackets.

I have concerns about the raising it 1/2" now. Don't get me wrong here, I am not only willing but look forward to trying the brackets! Excited actually! But I fear that the raised height after looking closely at my setup, will greatly increase the wind noise and buffeting inside. If the front of the Sport Top was also reduced... think moved to the rear about 1" (shorter bars on the top, front to rear) I think it would bring it back to the airflow that was originally intended. I believe the cloth portion could accept this, without a change in design. I think the velcro could make up the difference.

Just my $.02 on the matter.... thinking out loud.

• I have concerns about the raising it 1/2" now. Don't get me wrong here, I am not only willing but look forward to trying the brackets! Excited actually! But I fear that the raised height after looking closely at my setup, will greatly increase the wind noise and buffeting inside. If the front of the Sport Top was also reduced... think moved to the rear about 1" (shorter bars on the top, front to rear) I think it would bring it back to the airflow that was originally intended. I believe the cloth portion could accept this, without a change in design. I think the velcro could make up the difference.
    Just my $.02 on the matter.... thinking out loud.

Before anything is made or shipped I will be making prototype brackets to test all the changes. These changes will go through the same testing I did for the first designs. This will include the high speed test. @Goats_Hogs i believe you and I discussed this and it was the reason I didn't do it in the first place. Seeing how some need the little extra height I will have to proceed and confirm the assumptions.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: