Sport Top Feedback

• Okay y'all... Those lucky enough to have purchased 1 of 20 at SSITS 17, MV (or maybe 2... Trent... :P )... Talk feedback on the drive, use, pictures, videos...

We all want to know!

It'll likely be my top regardless, but please share!

• I personally don't like tops on slingshots and that is exactly why I bought the Mean Sling top. Patrick did an AMAZING job developing it. The functionality of it makes it hands down the best top on the market. I LOVE fact that I can have my ss topless in seconds without a "roll cage" making it look like a dune buggy. When I loaded my ss on the trailer tonight, it took me less time to take the top AND side brackets off to put the Polaris trailer cover on it than it did to get the tools out of my truck. (a 5mm allen wrench and 10mm open end wrench) Please don't let the fact that this is the LOWEST priced top on the market throw you off...this top is worth every penny....and then some.

Kudos @Ruptured Duck you hit it out of the park with this one!

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• @MiM I just got a message from @dangerdarrell where he did have an issue while driving back (10hrs). His fabric released from the frame along the back side. I want to get as much feedback like this as a can as soon as possible. I believe his is a very isolated event but will be looked into it very closely. I'm going to be sending him a new frame and fabric and get the others back to see just what happened with his.
    I'll keep everyone posted.

We will be heading out in a few. Look forward to hearing reviews.
    Everyone please get with me as soon as you can to give me your honest input.

@kenny_h thank you for your feedback. Keep us all posted over time.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I did have an issue around hour 10 of a 12 hour drive. Patrick is on it and I believe it will be a pretty easy fix. LOVED it on the ride. We will get the issue taken care of and be working perfectly again soon. I would recommend this top to anyone who just wants some rain or sun protection and want t be able to remove or put on a top quickly!
    Also, if you have to drive in traffic jams a lot it will help save your skin. :thumbup:

• No worries @MiM - I will be over to Houston very soon for everybody to check out the new top and watch ya all get green with envy :thumbsup: - not to mention new exhaust and supercharger

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I can't remember where all I've posted about the top, but I'll try to hit all the points here since this is specific to the Sport Top. I requested mine to be as high in the front as possible, so that I could have more visibility as I'm 6'4". We were lucky with my SS, as it didn't need any adjustment left to right to make it level. This has been an issue with others, and uses up some of the height that you can get it to on those Slings. I also talked to Patrick about making one text bracket that would raise mine another 1/2". I can see, but that could make it nicer for me. Thing is, it might also get it too high up, and cause other issues. I'm still (for now) running stock windshield, so mine could be the test mule. He plans to get one made I believe on the next run of those brackets.

I noticed it's quieter below 50 than without the top. At 55, the volume came up, and by 80 it was louder than no top. Likely that mine being the highest up may have caused that. However, the advantage is that my top hinges straight up for entry... and if there is no breeze or the breeze is from the rear of the SS, the top will stand up without holding it. It is harder to see stop lights if you are first in line at the light. That can be worked around easily, but it's something you notice right away.

It's much cooler inside with the top on. My wife had a light jacket on with the top on, but no jacket the day before at same temperature and sun. It also deters much of the rain, my best guess is at least 60% better than no top.

I had bought a cockpit cover just before coming to MV. I put it over the top the first night, although it didn't fit well it served it's purpose. The next night, I just removed the knobs and top, and left all hardware on the SS. By doing it that way, I needed no tools, and just two knobs to remove. The cockpit cover fits perfectly with all the other hardware. Top is light, so I just carried it up to the motel room for the night.

Also, a last note, my top worked the velcro loose also. It took longer than 10 hours, more like 18 for mine. It worked loose the two smaller flaps at the rear on the left and right sides. Also started pulling loose at the front, again on the left and right sides. One of the bows shifted on the velcro, but it didn't pull loose. In all areas, I just pulled it tight and velcro'd it back. Not a big deal on mine anyway.

• I will do a review on mine once I get some more miles on it. So far I am loving the top. It came off sooooo quick and easy to put the trailer cover on to haul back to Florida. The little amount of time that I did ride with it on (the ss parade) I did notice it was MUCH cooler than sitting in the sun! Remove 2 thumb screws and the top comes off...remove 2 5mm allen head bolts and 2 10mm nuts and the side brackets come off the mirror mounts. It literally took more time to dig the tools out of the truck than it did to take the top off.

Have I said lately how much I hate tops on Slingshots? :D