Forum member shout outs...!

• I would like to revisit this thread to make a huge shout out to @SlingRider and @Goats_Hogs.
    We were at the DDM tent and this older gentleman (Ron) wanted a short shifter installed on his sling. Miss Ivy told him that Dave was busy on installs at the time and would not be able to install it until the end of the week. Ron explained that he would have to leave before then and he was not able to install this by himself. Ron also said he was a retired Marine. Well Jim and Brent asked Dave if it was ok for them to install the shifter and borrowed his tools and got right on it. While they were installing the shifter Ron saw a painted cam cover and coil cover and asked if they could install them also. Jim and Brent knocked that out in no time.
    We found out that Ron was a highly decorated Marine. He was a recipient a Silver Star, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts.
    This is why I love everyone in this forum, in a manly way of course.
    Thank you for paying it forward with your acts of kindness. :thumbup:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I would like to revisit this thread to make a huge shout out to @SlingRider and @Goats_Hogs.
    We were at the DDM tent and this older gentleman (Ron) wanted a short shifter installed on his sling. Miss Ivy told him that Dave was busy on installs at the time and would not be able to install it until the end of the week. Ron explained that he would have to leave before then and he was not able to install this by himself. Ron also said he was a retired Marine. Well Jim and Brent asked Dave if it was ok for them to install the shifter and borrowed his tools and got right on it. While they were installing the shifter Ron saw a painted cam cover and coil cover and asked if they could install them also. Jim and Brent knocked that out in no time.
    We found out that Ron was a highly decorated Marine. He was a recipient a Silver Star, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts.

Ron was overwhelmed. He couldn't believe what was happening. I told him about @Painter, and how he encouraged all to follow his example of "Paying it forward". I mentioned how I've also been the recipient of many "gifts", and this was a chance for me to help someone else. That is when he told me about the honors he had received in the military. He didn't boast, he told about these honors when we were nearly finished with his Sling. He also tried to pay us for the work..... but we told him he already paid for it long ago.....

• Ron was overwhelmed. He couldn't believe what was happening. I told him about @Painter, and how he encouraged all to follow his example of "Paying it forward". I mentioned how I've also been the recipient of many "gifts", and this was a chance for me to help someone else. That is when he told me about the honors he had received in the military. He didn't boast, he told about these honors when we were nearly finished with his Sling. He also tried to pay us for the work..... but we told him he already paid for it long ago.....

Is he on this forum? Did you happen to get a full name or mailing address? PM me if you have them, please.

I was standing right there when all of this was going on. I would also like to say THANK YOU to all that were involved in this.

• Ron was overwhelmed. He couldn't believe what was happening. I told him about @Painter, and how he encouraged all to follow his example of "Paying it forward". I mentioned how I've also been the recipient of many "gifts", and this was a chance for me to help someone else. That is when he told me about the honors he had received in the military. He didn't boast, he told about these honors when we were nearly finished with his Sling. He also tried to pay us for the work..... but we told him he already paid for it long ago.....

Amen Brother!

• Amen Brother!

I have never been so proud to be a part of something as I am of being a part of this forum!!

To @SlingRider and @Goats_Hogs you sent a Marine home with a smile on his face and showed him dignity and respect...I would like to thank you for taking care of one of my military brothers when he needed it. A showing of TRUE CLASS Gentlemen!

THANK YOU!

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• This was only a small way of saying thank you to a man who choose to ensure we all have a right to choose who we help.

I can only hope to be half the man many of these men are.

I was humbled to do it and Brent is right. We started before we knew any details.

I was standing there and heard the conversation and saw the concern on Ron’s face. He and his lovely wife wanted it so badly. @Painter taught me early on in slindom. You pay it forward, you give to those who can’t and ask for nothing in return.

I was only able to do these small tasks because @Painter, @Slingrazor taught me with much patience.

Brent and I felt great when done!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I'm kinda at a loss of words here.
    I snagged a deal on a pair of front rims and tires from @mniron and I thank you but that's just the start of the story. I didn't want to leave my stock wheels in Maggie and I rode there.
    I remembered @Goats_Hogs posting about his new trailer and I had meet Brent last year so I went looking for him.l was fortunate enough to find him talking with friends. After asking him for a favor ( hard for me) he said yes but his friend was closer to my home. He then introduced me to @ThomaSS . A man I had never meet or even talked with online.
    He stepped up BIG TIME and volunteered to get them back to Ohio.
    I've never had anything like this happen to me thus the loss of words.
    THANK YOU isn't enough but it's all I got right now.
    May God Bless your kindness until we meet again

• I can't say enough about how wonderful and giving so many are. @Bu11sh1t you and your wife are role models for kindness and generosity. Thank you so much for sharing the very best root beer & black cherry soda that has ever passed these lips and for the pie that was incredible and the gremlin bell that is too special to hang from the Slingshot and the leather bound notebook that is a work of art. But most of all thank you and your wife for being our friends and inspiration.

• @Ghost and @Ghost Ryder we cannot thank you enough for your open arms. For those awesome stickers and mugs but most of all for the great stories ("you boys better bring that back here" was my favorite story in a long long time) and the ride down to Fountain Inn. I wish we could have road together but we would have only slowed you down - I'll keep practiceing until we meet again

• I can't say enough about how wonderful and giving so many are. @Bu11sh1t you and your wife are role models for kindness and generosity. Thank you so much for sharing the very best root beer & black cherry soda that has ever passed these lips and for the pie that was incredible and the gremlin bell that is too special to hang from the Slingshot and the leather bound notebook that is a work of art. But most of all thank you and your wife for being our friends and inspiration.

They are some of the loveliest people I have ever met! Don’t tell him I said that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @Ghost and @Ghost Ryder we cannot thank you enough for your open arms. For those awesome stickers and mugs but most of all for the great stories ("you boys better bring that back here" was my favorite story in a long long time) and the ride down to Fountain Inn. I wish we could have road together but we would have only slowed you down - I'll keep practiceing until we meet again

It was great getting to share the ride with you and Carrie Ann (sorry if I spelled it wrong!) down to Jarred's. Better times can't be had! I hate that I slowed us up some at the start of the trip but it all worked out fine in the end. I give all the credit for the stickers and mugs to @GhostRyder. She is thrilled that everyone seemed to like them.

As for you slowing us down riding together, that's very unlikely. You see we have the ultra slow "Ghost" grey and Lime Squeeze Sling. We just get there when we can. LOL

Can't wait until we have he opportunity to do it all again!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• The only downfall of the the bells we received is it’s to nice to put on the sling! @Bu11sh1t gift is one I will treasure forever! Very honored and humbled by his generosity!

We definitely echo those sentiments. I am afraid to put it on the sling for fear of someone taking it. They really are extremely nice. If I knew Harvey ( Bu11sh1t) wouldn't be offended I would just put it on display at the shop where we keep our sling so all our family and friends could see it and put a less "special" one on our sling.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• @Bu11sh1t the gremlin bell is far to nice to hang on my SlingShot! So when I arrived home I paid it forward to my bride. I told her it was a money bell and she should place it on the nightstand, use it to signal lucky times. To me that is like money in the bank!

Seriously this bell is made from money, a 1972 Dollar Coin and a Craftman combination wrench! It is a piece of art! The painted rock in the picture was recieved from a fellow Slinger whose wife did the painting, I am at lost of your name but Thank you all the same!