Two Brothers Racing Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust System

• Frankly I am perfectly happy with the sound of the OEM exhaust. If / when I change it out it will be primarily to improve performance and reduce heat. Looking at it this two brothers system looks like it would get much better air circulation around it which might reduce the heat in the passenger area. Having only owned my SL for less three months I am not going to run out and buy any mods until I have really had some time with the thing and also had time to really look at all options with input from the great people here who have gone before me.

Last thing I want to do is buy some mod only to replace it a short time later

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't have this system but the canister is the same they use on sport bikes so I just want to warn those who are not familiar with sport bikes exhausts and their somewhat frequent need for repacking.

As they go through heat cycles the heat/sound absorption packing will be consumed and the exhaust will get louder over time.

Repacking an exhaust is not hard but it is just another maintanence thing that you will have to do on most aftermarket sport bike exhaust.

The trade off is that you get a much better exhaust note and super light canister(weight savings) out of this type of exhaust.

I mention this because repacking exhaust is not something that is common on cars so some people might not be aware that is a thing and be really upset later on when they find out.

I am not trying to scare anyone into not buying this, I really like twobrother's exhausts it is my goto manufacturer for aftermarket exhaust on sport bikes since they also have their fuel management module so you can two bird with one stone type of thing.
    Here is what twobrother says regarding how much it last normally.

Are Two Brothers Racing canisters rebuildable/repackable and how often do I need to do this?
    Yes, all Two Brothers Racing canisters are rebuildable. The length of time between repacks varies depending on the type of riding you do and the type of bike you own. Inline fours and sixes are generally very easy on the packing material while singles and big twins tend to be harsh on the packing. We've seen sport touring bikes with over 60,000 miles on the mufflers where the packing looked as good as new while we've also seen big superbike twins with lot's of track time burn through the packing in less than 2,000 miles. If you need to repack your canister(s), repack kits are available (one repack kit per canister). The kits come with new rivets, packing material and a drill bit (#30) to remove the old rivets. We also provide the service and it typically runs $25 per canister plus parts.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

Edited once, last by Neosolidus ().

• Thanks a lot. I'm teeter tottering on pulling the trigger right not especially since slingmods is over a 10% discount on this for a limited time. I had no problems choosing my alpha headers and intake but now do I save up for the welter stealth or take advantage of the great priced two brothers. Decisions, decisions .

• BTW i am almost sure that the Welter Performance Double suffers from the same need to be repacked down the line syndrome since they used Arrow canisters for it(also a sport bike exhaust).

• same deal basically anything that has that type of canister(sport bike type of exhaust) will eventually need to be repacked.

Some come with screws and some come with rivets , repacking kits run anywhere from $25-30 so it is not like it is a big thing, just another thing to do and trust me you will know when you need to do it without keeping track of it.

When an exhaust needs repacking it will get loud as hell and basically sound like a straight pipe.

• Just ordered this exhaust. I like two brothers I have the carbon on my can am spyder. Sounds nice hopeful it will be the same for the sling.

For $20, 1320 sells an optional quiet insert. Best $20 I've ever spent as I was unhappy with the even the quietest insert it came with but am very happy with the optional insert found on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I have the 1320 header and exhaust system, the one that exits in the same way the oem one did, and even with the smallest baffle in, it's still is to loud for my wife. And she lets me know how she feels about it constantly!

I had the same problem with header and exhaust, I did a mod on the oem muffler and reinstalled it and the wife and I love it, nice deep sound and the factory radio can be heard on the freeway again