So it begins... Proud to announce MeanSling.com

• I would like to introduce a new vendor to the SlingShot world. MeanSling.co
    For most on this forum you already have a good idea who we are and what we are going to be offering, but here is a little back story just in case.

My name is Patrick Bennett (Ruptured Duck to most) and my loving wife Tina decided to do something about my need to start my own business. On January 3rd 2015 she slurprised me with a brand new Polaris Slingshot. Now the story has a much longer timeline but I don't think you guys really want to hear about my failure to launch on so many product and business ideas over the years. Lets just say she had pretty much given up on me. That is until we found the SlingShot. The Polaris SlingShot was that breath of fresh air I needed to get off my butt and finally start my own accessories business. For months I talked about it but didn't really think I could pull it off. You see like most of you guys it can be a struggle to get through the ups and downs of everyday life. Aging parents and kids going off to college kind of sucked funding dry and made the dream look much further off. This is where the Wife just did the right thing. She kicked me in the ass and just went and got one. In other words she just told me to "PUT UP or SHUT UP!

Fast forward to the last several months and the company MeanSling was born. We have a very simple plan. To offer interesting and functional products at an affordable price. We will be growing over time and adding new products when and where we can. We will also be offering up our own distinctively MeanSling products as well. The first (4) are just that, MeanSling originals.

(1) MeanSling Sport Top. This patent pending design was one of the fist ideas that came to life. It's the lightest, widest, coolest and most user friendly top on the market to date. Lets not forget that it's also the lowest priced. From the easy entry, exit tilt forward function to the quick top removal system this is the top to have. When you don't want a top you can put your Sling back to that cool factory look in seconds.

(2) MeanSling Hoop Bags. These easy to install and unload weather resistant bags are the E-ticket for those quick getaway weekend. No need for big heavy bags or complex mounting systems. Simply sling the three Velcro straps around your hoop and your ready to go. The bags have been designed to be light weight, weather resistant and durable. Just like the MeanSling Sport Top you get to keep that cool factory SlingShot look without compromising the need for additional storage space.

(3) MeanSling Hood Assist System: A simple design that counter balances the heavy Slingshot hood and makes opening and closing your hood a breeze. The simple installation requires one hole to be drilled and uses preexisting mounting holes. No need to remove your hood and all that realignment work. The system has been designed for left side or right side installation. This accounts for most all under hood accessories.

(4) MeanSling Grab Straps. Just a simple idea to aid in the getting out of your sling. Small and color matched synthetic straps attach easily to the lower frame and offer that little extra help when needed.

There you have it. The first of what we hope to be a full line of fun and exciting products for you to enjoy. :thumbsup:

Finally I would just like to thank a few special people that really stuck behind me in the very beginning all the way to this point. @Bill Martin words cannot express the blessed feeling I have for you. You have pushed me at every point and hurdle to get the Sport Top to market. I really hope its because you like me and not because your tired of baking your head. :whistling:

@MACAWS, Mitch thank you so much for your incite wisdom when questions were asked and ideas pitched. I still can't believe you printed up your own MeanSling decal to grace your trailer. WOW... :thumbup:

@rabtech, Bobby... Thank you soooooooo much for letting a little thread titled about a new approach to a top design run for so long. NO other forum would have allowed it and I can't begin to tell you what it has meant to me. <3

Now don't think the rest of you get off so easy. The support input and interest given by so many of you really made it clear to me that this could be done. It would have never happened if not for all of you! :D:D^^:D;)

Now for the best part. We will be live at SSITS 2017 with all these new products to be seen. We will have limited numbers of all but the grab handles so take a moment, stop by and see if anything strikes your fancy. To be honest I am really more excited to get to meet all you guys in person. The really big bonus is that you will also get to meet my daughter Grayson and my lovely wife of 24 years Tina.

Thank you for all the support and look forward to helping make your SlingShot special.
    Patrick Bennett (AKA Ruptured Duck)

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Patrick

You my friend are one talented dude and family
    I wish you the best of luck as I know you will be extremely successful

I will be by for a hood lift and to take a look at the bags late tomorrow
    I will also proudly post a picture of your very cool logo on my trailer

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Ruptured Duck you were my friend first and after only a couple conversations I knew you had what it would take to bring the perfect top to market. Thanks for lettin me throw in my 2 cents and I plan on being your top (commission free) salesman. WELL DONE MY FRIEND!!'

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• thanks everyone... Gonna finish packing and hope the rain stop by early morning. Don't want anymore delays getting this thing going.

See y'all in Maggie!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Best of luck on the new business. I really like the idea of the Hood assist shocks. I'll keep an eye out for feedback on this.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1