HOW ABOUT A SLINGSHOT MEET AND GREET AT NIAGARA FALLS...IN CANADA!?!?!?!

• Greetings and salutations!!!!!! Oh, I've already used that one!!! Sorry 'bout that! :00008356:

Just throwing this out there for those who may be interested. Each year, during our Columbus Day weekend, when we are not busy with other commitments, my wife and I converge on the great city of Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. We spend the weekend riding around, eating way too much food, and sampling the local wines...which, by the way, are pretty damn tasty!!!!! This will be the first year we trailer the Slingshot behind us. OH WHAT JOY!!!!

Niagara Falls is beautiful. And the roads along the Niagara Lake offer a scenic view of some of the local vineyards along the lake. To date, my wife and I have yet to visit all of them. But we never give up. And if you enjoy a nice IceWine, we've got just the place for you!!! Try taking a look at http://theicehouse.ca/front-page-2/. This should get your mouth watering, just a little bit. And for those that have a taste for Estate Wines, there's always..Peller Estates.

Plenty of great eateries in Niagara on the Lake...although, parking might be a little bit of a challenge...for, say, 20 Slingshots!!!!!! Just kidding.

For those who have never ventured up to the Falls, this would be a great opportunity to experience the fascination. Take a look at your calendars. If your Columbus Day weekend is available, why not take a trip to the Falls with us. A weekend at the Falls...think about it!!!

And for our Brothers and Sisters on the other side of our shared borders, I would love to try to set up a meet and greet with you all, as well!!!!

Plenty of time to think about it. Plenty of time to plan. Anybody interested or anybody wanting some info...just shoot me a PM. :thumbup::thumbsup:

John and Velma "V-SHOT" Valentine

• Yeah, parking along the falls themselves is sure tight. Might be better to park up along the ridgeline rather than fallsview.

I'd be very interested in this meet & greet. Wouldn't be able to make this year as I already have Colorado on the books. However, as I have family just over the line in Buffalo, I would most certainly entertain a trip that way if it becomes something regular.

Perhaps a ride through the country near Niagara on the Lake, followed by a winery tour? lol Not sure this crowd is the wine crowd.

• Columbus day falls on the 9th of October. Velma and I are leaving early morning on the 5th, and should arrive early evening on the 5th, as well. The 6th and 7th will be spent wining, dining, and riding in the area of the falls. An early breakfast on the 8th before we head back to Virginia Beach. Rest up on the 9th, then back to work on the 10th. Two days of riding and fellowship with Slingshot riders. Good times! Think about it!! Like I said, there is plenty of time before the actual date. See if it fits your schedule, and sounds like something you want to do. Velma and I can't fit Vail into our schedule this year...but there is always next year! :thumbup:

• For a future run, I would suggest a bit earlier in the year simply because October weather here isn't the type where I would pull out on a road trip in the Sling. While I ride to the end of the month, if I can, October gets dicey and cold here. And we quite often can be snow covered but Halloween.

However, Given some thought and planning, Niagara Falls, Ontario & Sundre, Alberta would make great locations to set up regular "Meet & Greets" in Canada. What do you think @Slingshot Garage?

LOL, Skip us folks in the Prairies, all that flat road stuff gets boring, lol.

• UPDATE!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with @Bu11sh1t (Harvey Adams). Our room is reserved at the https://www.marriottonthefalls.com. This location offers the most spectacular views of the Falls, in my opinion. Harvey has personally spoken to one of the staff members at the Hotel, and they have expressed a curious excitement about the possibility of having Canadian and American Slingshot riders together at the same venue. They are pretty anxious to see this gathering come to fruition!!!

Parking will not be a problem at all. They have accommodations for tour buses, and have expressed their willingness for us to utilize those spaces...for those of us that will be trailering.

For those of you who are thinking of joining us, here are a few specifics:
    -Reservations can be made at anytime, but cancellations must be made before the 30th of September...if something should happen between now and then.
    -The number to call for reservations (if you decide to stay at the Marriott) is (905) 374-1077.
    -The address is 6755 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario.
    -AAA Discouits can be applied.
    -Military/Government Rates can be applied.
    -If there is a good response for this gathering, a group rate can be discussed right before we get there or upon Check-In.
    -And speaking of Check-In...if we want to negotiate a Group Rate, the reservations have to be for Check-In on the 5th of October (3PM) to the 8th of October (12PM).

Let me put this out there for everyone. This is not the only Hotel in the area. There are plenty of others in and around the Falls area. The ultimate decision will be your's, of course. I just want to try to get some "lower 48" Slingshot riders across the border...LEGALLY, mind you!!!! :00008172:

This is not, in anyway, a sanctioned event. No vendors, no frills, just make your own fun type of gathering...With no "walk-in fees" and NO DRAMA!! Book a hotel, and let's ride!!! If this is your cup of tea!!!!! :thumbsup:

Dress accordingly. Trying to guess the weather this far out would be a crap shoot. We've been there when it was extremely warm and we had wished we packed shorts. And we have been there when the temps barely crested 40 degrees. When we took the Spyder up there, is was a little below 50 Degrees with light winds...but we still rode! The choice is yours. THAT's the beauty of an unsanctioned event. YOU make your own fun. If all of us happen to have the same idea on the same day, all the better!!!!

As a side note...this would also be a perfect getaway for you and your significant other. Niagara Falls is for LOVERS!!!!! :00008356:

• Let's not jump on V-SHOT over this. :D As I had to explain to another member, Ontario is huge. Pull up a map and just look at the area that Ontario covers.Anyways not sure when Columbus Day is but it sounds interesting. Keep us updated

As many times as we have been on that side of the border, you would think I would have gotten it right, by now!!!!! :00008172:

• Just a heads up to our American friends. A passport is required for you to get back into the USA. Something that changed a few years ago. Not law to get into Canada but makes it easier for sure. Also no hand guns allowed the border dosnt like them and you will not have to splurge on a motel for the night as they have accomedations set up for people caught bringing in hand guns ;( Helmets are also required

• Just a heads up to our American friends. A passport is required for you to get back into the USA. Something that changed a few years ago. Not law to get into Canada but makes it easier for sure. Also no hand guns allowed the border dosnt like them and you will not have to splurge on a motel for the night as they have accomedations set up for people caught bringing in hand guns ;( Helmets are also required

Yes!!! A Passport is required for those of us on this side of the border. It makes coming back into the US a lot more stress free. And for those of us who carry, Canada is not as forgiving. The fastest way to get a reservation at the "Crossbar Hotel" is to get caught trying to bring a firearm into Canada. Hopefully, this is not something that would keep you from enjoying some time with fellow Slingshot enthusiasts across the border. :thumbup:

• I'll say this much, for those of you coming from the west...make the trip through the Upper Peninsula. You will not regret it.

With all the Pines, it smells like Christmas the whole run. The Straits are amazing if you've never seen a 5 mile bridge. Mackinaw Island is well worth the layover too.