POLARIS Gets A Bad Wrap - Small Redemption

• What tigers a recall if a lot of these things are failing?

. So if we fix everything ourselves and don't have the dealer fix. It looks Like we could always call the hotline below and report or that website.

Source : How Do Car Recalls Work? - AskMen

Consumers who encounter such problems can report them to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) by calling their safety hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT. Complaints can also be waged online at the NHTSA's website or by filing a petition.
    When enough reports are compiled, the NHTSA will begin to investigate the issue, and determine the root of the problem. Then, the findings are made public. If a manufacturer does not force a recall, then the government, through the NHTSA, will initiate one instead.
    What Are The Most Common Types Of Defects In These Recalls?
    The NHTSA lists the following as typical safety-threatening defects:

• Wiring or leaks that cause fire
    • Accelerators that break or freeze suddenly
    • Steering parts that break, causing a loss of control
    • Air bags that deploy late or for no reason

Any widespread vehicular problem that results in a risk for those in the car will be closely scrutinized by the NHTSA. Therefore, the safety hotline will not help you out if your air conditioner doesn't work or there's routine wear and tear on your car.

• Last fall i had both upper ball joints go bad about 7500 miles. Dealer ordered uppers and lower joints since warranty. Got them end of riding season so told dealer i would change them over winter. When i got to it my master ball joint kits would not work on the a arms so looked at service manual says they have a ball joint tool that removes upper and lower from a arms. Talked to dealer they said they have tool come up and use it. Well tool won't fit over a arm so won't work so they ordered complete a arms under warranty for me. The ball joints are about 50.00 each and complete powder coated a arms with ball joints are about 150.00 each. We didn't manage to get ball joints out but not without messing up powder coating.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Last fall i had both upper ball joints go bad about 7500 miles. Dealer ordered uppers and lower joints since warranty. Got them end of riding season so told dealer i would change them over winter. When i got to it my master ball joint kits would not work on the a arms so looked at service manual says they have a ball joint tool that removes upper and lower from a arms. Talked to dealer they said they have tool come up and use it. Well tool won't fit over a arm so won't work so they ordered complete a arms under warranty for me. The ball joints are about 50.00 each and complete powder coated a arms with ball joints are about 150.00 each. We didn't manage to get ball joints out but not without messing up powder coating.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

A lot less hassle just getting the complete A-arms and saves time to boot, much easier replacement. If someone needs ball joints replaced, one might consider getting powder coated arms over raw aluminum. You can't powder coat your arms for what you can buy them from Polaris. And if covered under warranty even better yet! Just a thought.