Ask questions here

• Alpha products look great on the internet but to order them it's hell. I've been awaiting a short throw shifter for about a month and I got an email on 8-11-17 saying they will be shipped on or around 8-15-17 and still nothing. I called Slingmods and Alpha said that's when they would be ready but I guess they are still on backorder. I gave up on alpha as this is the second screw up in less then a two week period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Sometimes you have to wait for the best ....... crap is always sitting on the shelf ......... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Alphas one of the best vendors out there and sometimes it's easier to cut out the middle man not saying slingmods doesn't do a great job themselves. But you could call alpha directly and you will probably get henry on the phone. You probably caught them in the middle of producing a new batch.i ordered my hyrdaulic coilovers a couple weeks ago I got 2 days later and got them before I even paid. But have also built a good relationship with certain vendors . And alpha is one of them so don't be scared google their number give them a call and I'm sure henry will fix it up

• Understood but why say it's going to be shipped on this date if it's not? I will deal with junk if that's what it is but I highly doubt the guys on here don't put junk into the machines they drive.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Waiting on items to be produced is something we ALL have to deal with sometimes, Just ask anyone that was waiting on the Axle Covers we were all waiting on from one of our forum vendors.... Shit just happens. As far as putting junk on our machines, hell that's why we wait sometimes, to get rid of the junk that comes from factory :whistling: ... Just sayin :thumbup:

• Waiting on items to be produced is something we ALL have to deal with sometimes, Just ask anyone that was waiting on the Axle Covers we were all waiting on from one of our forum vendors.... Shit just happens. As far as putting junk on our machines, hell that's why we wait sometimes, to get rid of the junk that comes from factory :whistling: ... Just sayin :thumbup:

Just sayin, so ddm works is junk?

• NO, that's not what I said. I said we sometimes have to wait on parts from other forum vendors. That's just how it is. You're singling out and bashing Alpha, but it's happened to several forum vendors with different products. We don't bash them because of it. We know the quality of their products and we wait....period! If not, move on to the next vendor. Both Aldpha and DDM produce quality products that, in my opinion, are worth the wait. The "junk" I was referring to on my previous post is the junk that comes from factory. We're always looking to improve our machines and turn to vendors we trust to replace that junk. So, I took my grammar nazi hat off and did not try to de-cipher your "I highly doubt the guys on here don't put junk into the machines they drive" . Instead, I assumed you're referring to the fact that we do not put any junk on our vehicles. If so, you're correct...we do not.

• NO, that's not what I said. I said we sometimes have to wait on parts from other forum vendors. That's just how it is. You're singling out and bashing Alpha, but it's happened to several forum vendors with different products. We don't bash them because of it. We know the quality of their products and we wait....period! If not, move on to the next vendor. Both Aldpha and DDM produce quality products that, in my opinion, are worth the wait. The "junk" I was referring to on my previous post is the junk that comes from factory. We're always looking to improve our machines and turn to vendors we trust to replace that junk. So, I took my grammar nazi hat off and did not try to de-cipher your "I highly doubt the guys on here don't put junk into the machines they drive" . Instead, I assumed you're referring to the fact that we do not put any junk on our vehicles. If so, you're correct...we do not.

Never ever did I plan or mean to "bash" alpha or anyone else. If I tell someone that I'm shipping something out it will be done. Any who this was NOT meant to bash anyone and if that's the way it came across I'm sorry that anyone took it that way.

• @rnj12, it's all good man. I understand your frustration, but I would suggest doing what @jluna317 recommended. Establish a good relationship directly with the vendors themselves. In this case, contact @Turbosling (Henry) himself and let him know. We've all experienced some sort of delay with @Turbosling, @Dave@DDMWorks and @Jeff@DDMWorks, @Ruptured Duck, etc... They all took it upon themselves to help us improve our rides and work with many of us directly to keep on improving their products, unfortunately, sometimes delays happen. Just call Henry directly and see what gives with the shipment. Hell, maybe one of their machines broke. Whatever the case, I'm sure he'll take care of the problem. If there's a delay of some sort that's going to be longer than you care to wait, call @Dave@DDMWorks and get one of theirs. They're both excellent products. If you need Henry's number, just ask, several of us have it handy. :thumbup:

• @rnj12, it's all good man. I understand your frustration, but I would suggest doing what @jluna317 recommended. Establish a good relationship directly with the vendors themselves. In this case, contact @Turbosling (Henry) himself and let him know. We've all experienced some sort of delay with @Turbosling, @Dave@DDMWorks and @Jeff@DDMWorks, @Ruptured Duck, etc... They all took it upon themselves to help us improve our rides and work with many of us directly to keep on improving their products, unfortunately, sometimes delays happen. Just call Henry directly and see what gives with the shipment. Hell, maybe one of their machines broke. Whatever the case, I'm sure he'll take care of the problem. If there's a delay of some sort that's going to be longer than you care to wait, call @Dave@DDMWorks and get one of theirs. They're both excellent products. If you need Henry's number, just ask, several of us have it handy. :thumbup:

Chris@slingmods is EXCELLENT with his customer service and he is sending me a ddm works short throw shifter so no need to waste anyone else time with a phone call. I truly truly understand quality takes time but communication is key to everything. Thanks to everyone for your input and again I never said or insinuated that alpha has crappy service or products just stating my case in what happened in my personal situation.

• @rnj12 not trying to push you away from ddm products I have a bunch of their stuff on my machine but one issue I did have was with their short Throw shifter unless they re worked it alphas does have a smoother shift maybe there's not to many guys have had both but I did. Maybe some other members that have had both can inform you as well and just a heads up you are ware this just makes the distance between shifting gears shorter it does not shorten the shifter it self