Radio Antenna Wire Question

• Was attempting to install one of the radio antenna amplifiers from SlingMods. The one where you put it inline in the antenna wire where they join in front of the firewall and then connect power in front of glove box.

Well, when I pulled them apart, the little male piece stayed stuck inside the female part (insert joke here). What should I do now? What parts do I have to replace?

• So, the line leading in from the antenna itself came off right? At this point, see if you can extract the connector and slide it over the end again. Then see if you can crimp it tighter.

Then connect the amp.

If the connector doesn't work, you may need to go to a place that specializes in car audio and have one put on. Won't cost much.

• okay, you are talking about the spade disconnect. The size you need is .187 these are somewhat hard to find in the big box stores, most audio places may have them. If the tab is part of the kit wiring, then use a T-tap connector to connect to the correct color coded wire and leave the other end of the same wire unconnected. You are just jumping power or ground to the light.

By the way, happened to me 3 days ago.