Forward Swept Wing

• I have @Bill Martins number. ;)

WINNER!!!!!!
    Perhaps this was just for @'Bill Martin''s amusement.....BUUUTT....I love this concept!!! Why does the rear wing have to be ONE piece across the back???? I'm really digging the idea of TWO pieces instead, in the style similar to the ones @WOLF has pictured!!!! They just seem to flow with the lines on the rear of our Slings!!!
    I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! :thumbsup:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Thanks,@mniron Your wing looks good with the Corbin's.

I seen that wing at the Smokies and thought it was too big and ugly for my taste. But I don't think the Sling it was on had bags. Your bags seem to make it seem less oversized and better flowing/matched to the body.

Thanks, I think all SlingShots look unfinished under the rear deck. Adding anything to the topside with the stock unfinished rear make it even worse IMO. I think that is why Metricks add on are so popular. The wings I have in the stock form was all black textured finish giving it an overbearing look. With the matching paint scheme it seems smaller and flows better.

• Looked at this earlier but and to think about the lines. I like the simplicity of the second one if you were not going to do anything to the tail. To me the others make the rear a little busy.If you were going to remove the fin from the tail of the sling then I would 1st or 3rd would flow really well.
    @kev a couple of us has had a discussion on removing the fin off the tail and having a flat rear deck. What would be the cost of doing something like this? I have access to a extra tail section if you would be interested in using it to make a mold from.

This is @ShadowWarrior with fin removed and low profile spoiler.

• I must also add that @mniron is not your "average owner" . He knows more about the Sling that anyone I know.

Smaller, lighter, reasonably easy and secure install for the average guy!

I fully agree with all points of "smaller, lighter, reasonably easy and secure install for the average guy". After installing these I have the install down and but believe it would look much better with the arm shortened on top of the side panels to just beyond the roll hoops and the wings not hang past the rear deck so far, aligned with the tail lights maybe. Although I like my install the way it is there is room for improvement.

• This is @ShadowWarrior with fin removed and low profile spoiler.

Okay, I'm going on record as saying that I don't like the low profile with fin removed - it's boring, and the lack of vertical interest makes it feel like something is missing.

It's kind of like a chick with a flat butt - it's okay, but you really wish there was a little bit more to see.

• I like...Think IMHO it would look best a little higher anchoring to hoops like 1/2 way follow rear line of sling, but little tighter ( does that make sense) ???

first... @BONES there is a good morning F-U in the pic... grin-squared
    But as I said it's my stop in before work to think about SlingShot stuff so ....

Anyway this is a great topic and something I have been wanting to do for a Looooooong time. I'm leaning towards more a true race car approach with what I hope would be real benefits. I'm looking at simple clean aluminum panels that are less bulky and adds to the look rather than drawing your eye to it. The design should flow with the SlingShot and never look like it was not part of the original design. Thats the approach I looking at. Something to match my side canards and front splitter. Hope to do something with these in the future.

Still doodling ....

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• You got it exactly. That was my plan if I couldn't find something.

• I must also add that @mniron is not your "average owner" . He knows more about the Sling that anyone I know.

Smaller, lighter, reasonably easy and secure install for the average guy!

Yea!...or average gal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like the idea of @mniron wing but less bulky, that being said I would love to see something for upper and under rear...like this Rivco PSS105 – Rear fender for Polaris Slingshot – Polaris Slingshot – Shop by Motorcycle of course it needs some talented reworking but along this line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I gave serious consideration to Underground's, but didn't like that I'd lose valuable rear visibility, my cockpit cover would no longer fit, and it wouldn't really solve the unfinished look from the rear.

Not doing a big ricer spoiler that doesn't solve anything either. Although I did look for one that could be mounted lower and much farther back than I've seen; something to balance out the rear and give a lengthened look to the whole vehicle... but no dice there.

So I threw around several ways I might mount Metricks', but pretty much anything too high blocked the tail lights, and my visibility. I settled upon this below, which gives me the added length I was looking for, plus doubles as a fender. Never really seen a fender I've liked either (though Metricks' is about the best I've seen). These actually aren't the final pictures, but turned out similar with some cleanup. I fiberglassed in some brackets to have it mount 3" - 4" behind where it was designed to, and fiberglassed my lighted license plate mount at an attractive swept-back angle.

This worked out really well, but I think with some tweaking on the design of his current mold, Metricks (or someone) could come up with something even better back there.