RABTECHS,S SITE REPORT CARD ,,,,,,, A+ OR F- ?

• @rabtech please don,t take offense, but a newbie in the vendor world, a mere peon, a still wet behind the ears little turd, is rating your work !

While new to the Slingshot forums world , not exactly new to business, so watching my advertising dollars and analysing my options is not a bad idea.
    So I've enrolled in two forums as a vendor (here and the dark side) and have been monitoring the differences.
    Don't think its going to be any surprise to y,all ! So here it comes.
    48 hours ago I started a thread I thought was properly titled to attract attention "THE NEXT MOD,,,,WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A FRONT END LIKE THIS ? "
    And after participating in your forum for over a month I wasn't surprised with the results from both forums , any guesses ? remember they have five times the membership !

Not even close !! here's what happened in the first 48 hours before the thread went cold.

twelve hours after posting...

Rabtech,s site - 330 views,32 replies . resulting in four serious inquiries and much constructive criticism and discussions.
    The Dark Side - 162 views, 5 replies ,two resulting in serious inquiries but really only one because the other was a very welcome polite duplicated posts there as well as he had already responded on RABTECH,S SITE and we are following up in conversation, and I am very anxious to work with such a notable project , twin turbos etc.

48 hours later... both now equally cooled

Rabtech,s site - 546 views, 36 replies now resulting in five serious inquiries and much constructive criticism and discussions
    The Dark side - 239 views, 5 replies and no change

FINAL GRADE-

Rabtech,s site - A++
    The Dark side - Still to be determined

COMMENTS
    Rabtech,s site - An absolute pleasure to deal with and I bet he,ll be the first to say, "it takes more than a good administrator to make a forum great ", You Guys Rock !
    The Dark Side - no comment

• AND, we have cookies!!! :D

HA HA HA and @'Guardian_Angel 'today posted a response where we were laughing about threads going astray and making that difficult for newcomers and she said "And yes, its a very bad habit of ours as a group to be professional derailers!" and in response I was thinking to myself, like it was only a month or two back I was new to this forum and I was having trouble searching stuff, then I thought , can you imagine some poor newcomer just tuning in this week as he heard about some gathering in the smokies , so he searches SSITS , if he read the most recent one hundred posts on SSITS the only info he would have frustratingly learned here, was some woman has great cookies! so great people will babysit for them ! lol.

• Yeah conversation is minimal & repetitive on TDS. They can have more members, but the good ones are here... If you ask, you will get feedback here. May get derailed and go every which way, but you will get feedback & an answer....

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

Edited once, last by BONES ().

• @kev, you got the front done yet? :D Not that we're waiting or anything! 8):whistling: :saint.

@ShatneymanIf it makes you feel any better, I havent slept yet, my mind is just swimming with that front end, forget who's suggestion it was , but I think I can maintain that look and offer it in a three piece, So the people who are happy with their spoilers and grill look can just add the right and left as filler pieces Or purchase all three to change that whole moustache look .
    or maybe it may have to be two versions one, in that three piece and the whole other in a one piece if I cant make it all flow seamlessly together.
    How the hell did I ever get myself thinking about this before M.V with the work load I still have on my plate until then ! fragglerock!

• Yeah conversation is minimal & repetitive on TDS. They can have more members, but the good ones are here... If you ask, you will get feedback here. May get detailed and go every which way, but you will get feedback & an answer....

don't forget a laugh or two as well.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @kev thanks for the report... I really appreciate you taking the time to give us the details. Sometimes I can't see the forest because of all the trees. So it helps to get a report from a vendor.

I think one of the main things that killed the dark side is because there is no one that cares if you are on that site. They have no shirts to offer members to signify unity. They have no stickers to signify unity. They have no one that can offer you anything. So in my opinion there is no reason to waste time on that site.

I can promise you all that I do care. I want people to have a unified family structure. I want people to see others with Slingshotinfo.com shirts and stickers and know they have a friend....

Kenny and I have been in Panama City spreading business cards everywhere. Maybe we added few more friends. :-)

• @ShatneymanIf it makes you feel any better, I havent slept yet, my mind is just swimming with that front end, forget who's suggestion it was , but I think I can maintain that look and offer it in a three piece, So the people...

:whistling:

It was me... :D Well, after Ross shared the United Emirates stick on inserts... Which I like too and had shared those too in another thread...

Not trying to sound like "that guy", and hopefully my true brothers here know that... Honestly, I just love all things Slingshot!

I was explaining this to someone the other day that I think Bill Martin mentioned before... I'm not obsessed with the Slingshot per say... It is just the means for connecting with this great community and members. Which is why I try to not forget our once owners and now have sold members... The light is on and hope they come back...

Oh, and the other forum is just :thumbdown: ! Hadn't visited there in like 4 days and... Not. Much. Changed... Not even the for sale section... ;(