These Things Are Now Being Stolen

• I've heard over the past year a number of SS's have been stolen. I lost my first one last Thanksgiving right out of my driveway. Why doesn't Polaris have a steering wheel lock or some other device that will prevent the SS from being rolled away and loaded on a flat bed.
    What are some ideas to prevent the SS from being stolen???

• Bought this for myself last year.

Locks the vehicle in 1st gear and the E-brake on. Plus in Canada, we have the added Pass-Code to enter. Vehicle can't be hotwired.

Locks the vehicle in 1st gear and the E-brake on. Plus in Canada, we have the added Pass-Code to enter. Vehicle can't be hotwired.

This is a good product... been using this for 18 months ... and a sign that says ..."I HAVE A UNIQUE SET OF SKILLS, I WILL FIND YOU, AND I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL".

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

How good does it work if someone pulls off the shift knob ............ confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• How good does it work if someone pulls off the shift knob ............ confused-squared

Works perfectly. You can't pull back on it because it is tight on the e-brake. The pipe in the middle is adjustable. You extend it to the point it is pushing against the bottom of the clevis.

It came with two different pipe lengths too, to ensure the perfect fit.

Not sure where to go though to cut more keys. Not normal keys.

• Works perfectly. You can't pull back on it because it is tight on the e-brake. The pipe in the middle is adjustable. You extend it to the point it is pushing against the bottom of the clevis.
    It came with two different pipe lengths too, to ensure the perfect fit.

Not sure where to go though to cut more keys. Not normal keys.

Just got mine yesterday. Changed to the short pipe, and now it fits great. I'm not worried about someone trying to pull the shift knob off. My shift knob was installed almost too well. I'd be hard pressed to get the darn thing off with all the tools at my disposal. I don't think some moron will have what they need in their back pocket in the middle of a parking lot. But lets face it....if someone wants something bad enough, they will find a way to steal it. Hell, they steal Caddy's & Beemers all the time and those vehicles have all kinds of fancy anti-theft sytems!! At least I'm going to make harder for them to simply roll my Sling across the lot!!!
    Being simple, and inexpensive...this lock is the perfect addition to my Scorpion alarm system, it's easy for the wife to use, and it tucks away nicely in my driver's side cubby. And if none of that works......I've got good insurance..... :00000019::00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Go ahead steal it...

*and once you exit my geo-fence, i'll put in a claim! :evil:

ESTAR, It appears you have left your common ground wire (white) disconnected I would also place a quarter stick of the c4 under each seat, just in case there are 2 thieves. I believe in overkill! Other than that, great job! Oh, a few claymore mines will protect your flower garden pretty good.

• ESTAR, It appears you have left your common ground wire (white) disconnected I would also place a quarter stick of the c4 under each seat, just in case there are 2 thieves. I believe in overkill! Other than that, great job! Oh, a few claymore mines will protect your flower garden pretty good.

You had me at quarter-stick!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I agree, from point O, as the chart indicates, as the legs (indicated by the green lines) widen, you can expect more ROI. In addition, as the driving force is rapidly applied along axis X the spread of the legs, will at time fluctuate by narrowing the gap and then increasing the width. This will be followed by a increase in friction which will mostly cause an moan like noise to be released by both parts. If the rapid force is continued to be applied, eventually the thrusting unit will burn out, then the alternate forces will need to be brought to bear. Dependant on method, this may muffle some of the noise from one unit, conversely increasing it from the other.

• I agree, from point O, as the chart indicates, as the legs (indicated by the green lines) widen, you can expect more ROI. In addition, as the driving force is rapidly applied along axis X the spread of the legs, will at time fluctuate by narrowing the gap and then increasing the width. This will be followed by a increase in friction which will mostly cause an moan like noise to be released by both parts. If the rapid force is continued to be applied, eventually the thrusting unit will burn out, then the alternate forces will need to be brought to bear. Dependant on method, this may muffle some of the noise from one unit, conversely increasing it from the other.

Now remember, my body is a tangent... So allow me a moment to integrate this function; you will need to map all my slopes correctly in order to achieve maximum force... Yep, seems like it'll be a good phase shift! Testing is done, you may now feel free to explicitly differentiate your secants onto my constant coefficients!! :P

Signature.png

• excellent, I believe in order to reduce the overwhelming changing parameters, a set of restrains may have to be applied. This will allow maximum depth in any allowable orifice. Since you have completed testing, we are prepared to deliver at your convenience, only if your coefficients are constantly available. As always, product placement is entirely up to the end user.

@MBMedic do you have a link to purchase this??

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• excellent, I believe in order to reduce the overwhelming changing parameters, a set of restrains may have to be applied. This will allow maximum depth in any allowable orifice. Since you have completed testing, we are prepared to deliver at your convenience, only if your coefficients are constantly available. As always, product placement is entirely up to the end user.

Board is prepped for male contact plug(s)... Lubricant has been applied to all friction points... Any necessary wiring harnesses are available if more thrust (beyond torque specs) need to be exerted for quality control testing purposes.

Yep, this machine is ready for production ~> To power it up, requires a few French Martinis! :thumbup:

Signature.png