Since my wallet already hates me... Which top?

• So I bought the prp seats but still have concerns about heat. With that said I might be interested in picking up a top after all.

The only two I like are the twist and Bullet Speed. Can any owners of either talk about pros and cons of each?

Bullet ..hands down..... and I will preface the following comments with they are based on what is happening today and have no bearing on past products .... better quality, better materials, more choices, and a more stable company situation for future concerns .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Can any owners of either talk about pros and cons of each?

don' have either, but installed a 2nd gen twist for another owner. I was not overly impressed with the velcro- somewhat crooked on the frame, edges did not appear to have real good adhesion. JMO. Very easy install- had to tweak the frame a little to get the front end bolted down. Don't know anything about the bullet, but I like the rear end of that one better than the twist, as it follows the line of the sling. Again, JMO

• Got the Bullet. Entry and egress is nicer on older bones. Gotta get a little creative with the Wind Wings with either of these two tops. Velcro is not a real concern. Can be replaced easier than busted snaps. No flutter at 85 mph. And the canvas can be removed, shoved in an old folding chair bag and thrown beside, under, or behind seats.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Got the Bullet. Entry and egress is nicer on older bones. Gotta get a little creative with the Wind Wings with either of these two tops. Velcro is not a real concern. Can be replaced easier than busted snaps. No flutter at 85 mph. And the canvas can be removed, shoved in an old folding chair bag and thrown beside, under, or behind seats.

What he said, but increase no flutter to 130 8o

• Orangeman said....

Bullet ..hands down..... and I will preface the following comments with they are based on what is happening today and have no bearing on past products .... better quality, better materials, more choices, and a more stable company situation for future concerns .....

We also have bullet concept top, and have been very pleased. Good workmanship, and where the bars attach are by far a superior design than some others that take away from rather than add to.... I don't Like the tops that take away cup holders or that installs along the frame rail of the entry/ exit of cockpit. It's hard enough for a tall person to pull that last leg in without having to also clear the top framing... And don't mess with my cup holder... I need it. Both of them :) I did see that they made a " clip on" or whatnot to replace the one that the madstad (i think that's the one...) Takes away.... Didn't like the look of the cup holder floating halfway up between seats either.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Bullet Speed for me, gave me a good price and fast shipping. Installed mine and ordered a gray top once installed did not like the gray was way to light. So I called and talked to Bob and asked him to send me a black top. What he did was called his supplier and found material he said was Charcoal and made me a replacement top I think really looks good.

• I currently have Fab Factory Panoramic...I have ordered a Twist Gull Wing in order to have more head room with a helmet on . I will be selling the Fab Factory to be picked up only just west of Atlanta.

• Don't have either, but the stinger is worth a look. Panels come off in a flash and it offers fantastic sun protection. I need to spend some time under some other tops for a good comparison, though.

I've been looking at the stinger also, wondering how it handles the wind? I really like the fact that the gull wings are quick release.

• If the wallet already hates you. why not buy TWO? That way you can have the soft top canvas on and take it off in seconds and store it behind the seats and continue the ride. Or you can have the hard top and look through the 'sun roof" and have a more expensive look and feel to your ride. if storing the extra top is an issue, I'd be more than happy to store on top of my slingshot so it stays well protected for you

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I had a Gen 2 Twist top and replaced it with the Stinger. I had NO problems with the Twist, I am fat and wanted better access and egress. I was going to the Gull Wing, but the price on the Stinger was better. I found they are both good tops. For those of you that are concerned about cup holder located on the top mount, remember that is is not down in the transmission tunnel, so the drink will remain cooler!

YLM. Your Life Matters