Quick Jack Review

• @KZ1, sometimes I craft.... sometimes my crafting invovles messy project items.... 21 inches lift is better than sitting indian style making a mess in the living room that has to be vacuumed up afterwards... ;)

And @airoutlaw, you can kiss it... :DONKEYSS:
    This is MY mod too! :00007872:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I fully understand. My sweetheart is a "crafty" woman, as well. I built me a 2100 square foot garage and Man cave. We, now I can only claim only about 1/3 and sometimes I have to stand guard on that!!!

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Could be useful for lawnmowers and painting porch swings, and turn it into a makeshift table top for projects..... 8o
    Who says its just a mans toy?? :thumbsup:

Never thought about using the SlingShot for that, but I suppose it could be done. Drive fast through the grass it does cut a few blades, can set a porch swing on the hood for painting and the rear deck is about the right height for beer and snacks. :00007956:

• I would wind up in the Obits @mniron....
    But seriously, think of how many projects could be done with less clean up time, and easier... this could be the way to sell the jack to the wives :saint:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I would wind up in the Obits @mniron....
    But seriously, think of how many projects could be done with less clean up time, and easier... this could be the way to sell the jack to the wives :saint:

Was not going to talk to the wife about it, maybe I should then I won't be in the Obits! You gave me some good reasons :thumbsup:

• Yes - Imma a pretty good size guy (rotund - I like that description :P ) and I crawled underneath and plenty of room to get to everything

You can get underneath the front end and the rear no problem, but not down the center.
    If you put the jack in the correct location from the front jack point to the rear there is not much room between them.
    I am working with a local race shop to make a cross bar that would put the jacks on the outside of the sling so that I can fit my fat A$$ down the center. We did some rough sketches but haven't hade time to cut and tack up a set to test.
    another option is to put them under from side to side. I haven't tried that yet, I think the 5000slx my be too long. But as I said I haven't tried yet.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You can get underneath the front end and the rear no problem, but not down the center.If you put the jack in the correct location from the front jack point to the rear there is not much room between them.
    I am working with a local race shop to make a cross bar that would put the jacks on the outside of the sling so that I can fit my fat A$$ down the center. We did some rough sketches but haven't hade time to cut and tack up a set to test.
    another option is to put them under from side to side. I haven't tried that yet, I think the 5000slx my be too long. But as I said I haven't tried yet.

I kinda thought about that side to side but I didn't like where the lift points fell out.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You can get underneath the front end and the rear no problem, but not down the center.If you put the jack in the correct location from the front jack point to the rear there is not much room between them.

hm..... this puts a wrinkle in things, being able to fit underneath is kind of my biggest need.

If the 5000 won't let me work under it then this jack no longer holds any use for me :00008862:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• this is what i am looking to do, either through the side or the back.

You have to remember these things are made for cars
    On a car the primary chassis rails are outside and the car is wider
    I have had mine for a year and use it constantly, change oil, tires, cleaning and other maintenance. For the few times I need to change trans or final drive oil I just use jack stands.

Wouldn't give it up for anything

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You have to remember these things are made for carsOn a car the primary chassis rails are outside and the car is wider
    I have had mine for a year and use it constantly, change oil, tires, cleaning and other maintenance. For the few times I need to change trans or final drive oil I just use jack stands.

That's what i'm thinking. Lift it with it and place the jack stands underneath them lower the lift. Does that work @MACAWS?

• You have to remember these things are made for carsOn a car the primary chassis rails are outside and the car is wider

I guess I can do that, is not like we work on transmission often.... Alright back on the happy side

• this is what i am looking to do, either through the side or the back.

FYI - I had looked at that lift also before deciding on Quickjack - the reason for going with the Quickjack was I think the collapsed height on this one was like 5" and I was afraid it would not go underneath.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It fits barely but it does, my problem with it is that is a mechanical lift and it I am going to buy one might as well be a hydraulic lift , and the fact is almost 2 grand for a mechanical lift.

• Guys,
    Just ran across this product and this thread. Needing something safer than jack stands to install my Welter Performance duals. I was almost sold on this item until I noticed the comment on the narrowness down the center. In your experience with this, do you think it would work to install the exhaust? Thanks!