So this happened...

• I got stopped by a State Trooper on my sling this morning doing 76 in a 45; crossing a double yellow in order to overtake an 18-wheeler (a set of pretty awful charges by any stretch). I knew (without a doubt), the officer who was driving in oncoming traffic towards me... that his u-turn and lights, were meant for me! So, I preceded to pull over and cut-off the engine. He walked up and was visibly displeased! I told him I was a CC holder and carrying, stated my case, and was issued a written warning.

Now, my question: How would you ladies have handled this scenario?? A middle-aged man driving an 18-wheeler, constantly tapping on his brakes, forcing you to slow, swerving from side-to-side to prevent any effort to pass him in a legal passing zone, all-the-while looking through his side-view mirror and blowing you kisses!

Granted, I know what I did was wrong (I was frustrated and angry; wanting nothing more than to GTFO of that situation). Looking back... I'm now curious to see if you would have handled this in the same way? I know for myself, I would have done things differently...

UGH, of all the days to leave my Garmin VIRB at home! :00008862:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

Edited once, last by ericastar76 ().

• Strictly legal advice here - pull over, call 911 and give the idiot the road. If he pulls over making any advances toward you, protect yourself at all costs with whatever means necessary - run over him, shoot if he approaches your vehicle - then you have a good self defense case with him as the aggressor. Glad you came out of this unscathed!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Strictly legal advice here - pull over, call 911 and give the idiot the road. If he pulls over making any advances toward you, protect yourself at all costs with whatever means necessary - run over him, shoot if he approaches your vehicle - then you have a good self defense case with him as the aggressor. Glad you came out of this unscathed!!

Thanks Bill... what you just described, is how I plan to handle a scenario like this, if it should ever happen again. Hindsight is 20/20!

Signature.png

Edited once, last by ericastar76 ().

;(?(8|

• I have no words of suggestion as I have never received such attention from an 18 wheeler driver. :(

But if I had, I suspect some sign language might have been exchanged between myself and the trucker.

Guess Bill's suggestion is the best - take a turn, get out of the flow then turn around and head to where you were going.

Seriously, sucks you were put in the spot

• What Bill said. Let him get ahead, pull in somewhere, and give him a 10 min head start. Or find a different route.

Just curious, when you told the Statie what was influencing your actions, what was his response?

• What Bill said. Let him get ahead, pull in somewhere, and give him a 10 min head start. Or find a different route.

Just curious, when you told the Statie what was influencing your actions, what was his response?

I've been pondering why I was only issued a warning (and not a major ticket) all day. The best I've come up with is: I was honest... completely, and utterly, honest! I didn't expect any leniency... nor did I ask for any. I told him I was nervous and that I wanted to get away from the situation as fast as I could.

*Normally, I would make a sassy remark to you all, about using my assets or something like that to get out of a ticket... but he could tell I was visibly shaken (not by him pulling over, but by what happened).

Signature.png

• I've been pondering why I was only issued a warning (and not a major ticket) all day. The best I've come up with is: I was honest... completely, and utterly, honest! I didn't expect any leniency... nor did I ask for any. I told him I was nervous and that I wanted to get away from the situation as fast as I could.
    *Normally, I would make a sassy remark to you all, about using my assets or something like that to get out of a ticket... but he could tell I was visibly shaken (not by him pulling over, but by what happened).

I have almost always gotten the most leniency out of traffic stops when I was completely frank. It's just awfully hard sometimes to keep my mouth in my hip pocket.

• The officer was actually pretty considerate just giving you a warning.
    The problem with pulling over is asshats like that other driver may well take that as a display of interest on your part. Bill M is still probably offering the best advice, though.

He was... and I thanked him for his kindness and service (even wrote a nice review on their website about how he was very understanding and concerned for my safety ~> a very standup guy)!

Signature.png

If a cop pulls me over, I'm not going to try and run them over or shoot them. Idiot or not! ;(8):rolleyes: You guys are crazy!

As far as that advise,.... NO WAY!!!! You're in the wrong. There are only three things that must and I mean must be present for a good shoot. Ability, opportunity, and jeopardy. Does the person have the ability to kill you,.... gun, knife or other weapon..... Opportunity, does a person who has a knife and 100 feet away have the opportunity? NO... A gun? YES. Third, you must be or feel that your life is in jeopardy. Even then your still screwed with any shooting,.... civil lawsuit.

As far as her actions with the LEO, I wasn't there and don't want to say what I would have done. I will say that the drivers actions sometimes do help me with if I give a ticket or not. Most of the time, no, my mind is made up before I get out of the car. Everyone up here carries a gun, if you don't, something is wrong so that doesn't play any effect on the decision