So this happened...

• @Shatneyman - wasn't talking about the officer AT ALL!! Reread @ericastar76 s post. The cop was great - I was talking about the guy in the 18 wheeler and what to do BEFORE the officer arrived - gotta stand by my advice

I know, it was a joke about the cop. :rolleyes: As far as avoiding the problem and leaving the road, OK, I'll bite,.. sounds good, as far as the rest, you'll need bail money bud. Sorry, but these thing attract attention. Do you shoot or run someone over at the gas station?

• I've been pondering why I was only issued a warning (and not a major ticket) all day. The best I've come up with is: I was honest... completely, and utterly, honest! I didn't expect any leniency... nor did I ask for any. I told him I was nervous and that I wanted to get away from the situation as fast as I could.
    *Normally, I would make a sassy remark to you all, about using my assets or something like that to get out of a ticket... but he could tell I was visibly shaken (not by him pulling over, but by what happened).

Working with LEO's when people are not always at their best, Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy. They are not stupid, and he without doubt saw both your agitation and saw the Semi involved.

After going to the effort of pulling you over, he had to do something to say, Hey, I caught you doing this, don't do it again.

The warning was really decent of him.

I would hazard to guess anyone else in that position though would not have gotten off. Even without "playing to your strengths" it worked in your favour.

• I had a very similar situation happen to me about 2 years ago. I was following someone that was driving a Mustang GT and he was speeding up and slowing down randomly. He was pissed at me because he was running 65mph in a 55zone when I came up behind him "very quickly".... I was driving a 2007 Mercedes ML63 AMG with 550hp and I was running probably 85mph when I came up on him.

As y'all can imagine I knew the road like the back of my hand and I was going to unleash the fury of all 550hp at the next long straight ........ AND I DID>>>>> I was running somewhere around 140mph when my radar detector screamed "KA BAND"........ And almost instantly my chest started burning with that fear feeling.............. I clamped down on the brakes so hard that it was difficult to keep from engaging the ABS.

Sure enough the blue lights came on. I stopped so fast that I was actually pulled over before he got to me. He approached and passed by me and did a slow U-turn and pulled in. By that time I had my windows down and my wallet out.

He got out and walked up to me and and asked me if I knew how fast I was going and where I was going in such as hurry..... I replied "Way to fast" and "headed home from work." He then said "who was that in the Mustang?" and I said "I don't know. I have been trying to get around him for several miles and every time I would approach him he would speed up. Then when I couldn't pass he would slow down to 45mph."

He let me know that I was running 147mph when he first popped me with radar. And within a couple of seconds I was running below 65mph. He said it like he was absolutely astounded at how much I had slowed down. I replied to him "Yes sir it has large brakes with huge rotors....(you could still smell brake pads burning). Do you see all the stuff that is laying in the front floorboard? ........That was all in the back seat before I got on my brakes." He kinda laughed and asked for my license and insurance and said he would be right back.... I asked him to please go easy on me....

He sat in his car for what must have been 30 minutes.... Your mind will play some nasty tricks on you the longer you wait....I honestly thought he was waiting on a wrecker and wasn't going to let me leave the scene. He finally got out and walked up to me with a ticket in his hand.... It was for 75 in a 55. He told me to hold it down below 70 on that road and have a nice day..

I told him THANK YOU and have a wonderful day,,,,,,,

((((( Its amazing how in certain situations you are so pleased to get a NORMAL speeding ticket)))))

• Our local PD has a sign up that made me think of you:

"If you don't like speeding tickets, please raise your right foot"

• Luck be your lady... :saint:

• Only speeding ticket I ever got was in North Carolina.
    I was going 105mph. I know because I had cruise control set . It was 2am no one on the road except that cruiser.
    She was very kind. Pretty too. We chatted for awhile. But still gave me a ticket : doing 80 in a 70. I deserved worse and thanked her.
    Honesty helps. That and a tea cup yorkie in her bed on passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• “stated my case, and was issued a written warning.”

OK I must admit this is my first step into “the ladies room” to see what the gal’s are up to and this is the first thread I see....Come on guys, somebody help me with this please! How many men out there could do this and walk away with a written warning? Just saying - or asking.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• “stated my case, and was issued a written warning.”

OK I must admit this is my first step into “the ladies room” to see what the gal’s are up to and this is the first thread I see....Come on guys, somebody help me with this please! How many men out there could do this and walk away with a written warning? Just saying - or asking.

I can do better than that. I had a few drinks with my brother and headed home. I had a cop chase me for 10 miles across Houston (he said). I told him I had a few drinks and even let him look around my van which had a small trash can in it full of beer cans. He let me go with no ticket. Of course when he pulled me over I held both hands out the window so he would know I wasn't going to try and shoot him. I think he kinda thought that was a nice thing to do. :thumbsup:

• I would have did the same thing and passed him also. I hate slow, inconsiderate morons. I have 8 warning tickets in my glove box not counting the verbal warnings. I always hand them my CC if I am carrying at the time or not. 98% of the time I am. I get ask more times than not what I carry and want to talk about my gun or more interested if I have insurance.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: