VIDEO LOG OF SS COMPLETE PANEL REMOVAL

• The paint on a rag should do the trick if it is installed, tape off areas to keep paint from getting on panels. I used Auto Air water based automotive paint and it worked great.

• @Painter A buddy of mine who is a good auto body/Painter in my area suggested spraying my hood and hood panels while still attached to the hood as one piece including the stripes (after he sands them down to remove the texture). My custom paint job has a lot of lines and detail that must line up panel to panel as its not just one solid color on each panel like most slingshots. He suggested it would be easier this way and won't pose any issues. I haven't spoken in depth with him yet about it but wanted to know your thoughts before I move forward. I don't feel like he's being lazy and doesn't want to remove it... i just think it's his strategy. I'm no Painter...What you guys think?

I always ride safe sometimes!

Toys in the Sand Box:
    2016 400hp Alpha Turbo Sling
    2016 BMW s1000rr - Austin Racing
    2015 AR 240 Jet Boat 4,000watt Stereo
    2002 CBR 954
    2003 CRF 450

• @Painter A buddy of mine who is a good auto body/Painter in my area suggested spraying my hood and hood panels while still attached to the hood as one piece including the stripes (after he sands them down to remove the texture). My custom paint job has a lot of lines and detail that must line up panel to panel as its not just one solid color on each panel like most slingshots. He suggested it would be easier this way and won't pose any issues. I haven't spoken in depth with him yet about it but wanted to know your thoughts before I move forward. I don't feel like he's being lazy and doesn't want to remove it... i just think it's his strategy. I'm no Painter...What you guys think?

To me that is cutting corners as I don't think the areas where hood meets fenders or fenders meet inserts could be properly done. However, if you are doing a fine detail through those separate pieces, it may have to be done that way.
    What is he going to do with the lower dam pieces.... as the inserts are on top of them?
    If it were so fine a detail, I would take all off, prep, lay back in place, mark transitions with a stibilo pencil and take back off and paint. If he is just adding art to a panel, that could be done without disassembly. Either way is a lot of work!

just remove them. You'll get better results and they're really not that hard to remove.

• What you guys are saying makes sense to me! I just didn't know if the whole idea was totally out of the question or if it was feasible with the hood on. I wanted to get your opinions before I meet with him again next weekend so I can have some input to make an informed suggestion. He's a very talented Painter and does some really amazing custom work so I don't want to offend him by enforcing the fact that "I heard" the hood needs to be taken apart to paint.

I always ride safe sometimes!

Toys in the Sand Box:
    2016 400hp Alpha Turbo Sling
    2016 BMW s1000rr - Austin Racing
    2015 AR 240 Jet Boat 4,000watt Stereo
    2002 CBR 954
    2003 CRF 450

• @Uglyrider954 stop being a pussy and take that hood apart and get it painted I told u this already. I don't see how the clear coat won't peel. I just don't get how he's gonna paint the inserts and . I think macco would even take that thing apart to paint . Bring it by the shop we'll take it apart we'll hit it with some rattle can spray call it a day.i been trying to talk you into taking it apart ,I think that's the only way it will come out to your liking especially with what you will be paying. Even the forum knows it ur doing a detailed paint job similar to rev dynamics ? Post a picture of what your doin and you will get the real opinions.