Clarksville - Lake Life Live Summer Events Series

• @hrmiracle,@Cameron Roberts, @MACAWS, @3rdwheel, @Gadgeteer, @Trucon01, @TheRock, @Jdin, @lrobbi, @WraithSS, @DocG, @Webweaver1021, @Ben67zl1, @jaytee, @V-SHOT, @Andy Hatch, @Tango, @jaytee, @Hpocus, @KayTwo, @Slej, @Silver Surfer, @ethermion, @dharmab, @Keithmo, @Bradshaw'sSS, @Sling Cat, @av8ingtom, @mytoy, @sideseatdriver, @adventure4me, @Nemesis1701, @Bubblehead, @DarkSquid, @Onegear, @Tripod, @BatPower, @RaiAvila, @pwmd, @WOLF, @BatPower , @Designer, @N2Orbit, @FunCycle, @ericastar76, @Sideslinger, @EjFord, @Firefly, @MiM, @Candyman

The town Clarksville is running a series of events this summer and they specifically asked if I would invite what has become one of their favorite groups. I didn't have the heart to tell them that you guys call yourself the wrecking crew!

The following are all single day events and run from 5:30pm to 8:30pm The main street in town is closed and there will be a car show at each event as well as live music. Since the soul purpose of the events are to bring tourists into our little town everyone was in complete agreement that those Slingshots would be a great attraction. If any of you have interest in joining us and want to make a full day out of it, I am sure we can arrange for some riding earlier in the day.

You all know how to reach me if you want to join in. You are all always welcome in Clarksville and at the Flying Pig Ranch - wrenching is always an option...

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You guys call yourself the Wrecking Crew? Are you serious? Didn't have the heart? Really?

Read this:
    The_Wrecking_Crew_(music)

Edit: Stupid forum can't handle a simple wiki link. When wiki sez did you mean wrecking crew (music), click on through. Still torqued about this.

That is the inspiration for me naming our crew. We should be proud.

It is a violation of crew code to be ashamed or embarrassed by the name of the crew and a separate violation to deny association with said crew.

I need not remind you @MACAWS, violation of crew code can lead to expulsion, and there are only two ways out of the crew. Neither will be pleasant.

I will look at your schedule after my blood stops boiling.

• At least our crew is not called something completely stupid like Slingshot Takeover.

Our crew includes White House staff, State Department staff, data center managers, FDIC managers, entrepreneurs, owners of car dealer chains, current and retired military officers, submariners, folks that pop over to China for business, self made millionaires, software engineers, good parents, proud grandparents, blah, and me. Nothing to be ashamed of. We are a crew, not a gang.

We are the Wrecking Crew, and proud of it. Next time I see you talking to the press, you are getting an elbow. I'll handle it.

Not edgy, just massively proud and defensive of the friends I have made on three wheels.

Get a pen (or pencil) and paper. Write down: We are the Wrecking Crew and proud of it.

On a positive note, Slingshots Uncorked was the first swarm in a while for me, where nobody... wrecked. Well done. I am pleased.

Ugh. @MACAWS , call me sometime. Maybe I am just unsocialized. Working from home can be bad for your head over time.

• My complete apologies sir!
    Meant no disrespect to any crew members. It is just ironic that their favorite group, the group they say are the most well behaved, most polite and the most fun to have around is called the wrecking crew. I will proudly inform the mayor, town council and the press who we are and how proud we are to be just that!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My complete apologies sir!
    Meant no disrespect to any crew members. It is just ironic that their favorite group, the group they say are the most well behaved, most polite and the most fun to have around is called the wrecking crew. I will proudly inform the mayor, town council and the press who we are and how proud we are to be just that!

Underneath your crusty exterior, is a wise man with a kind heart.

Best to your bride. Please tell your bride she can come visit anytime for some yummylicous Russian cuisine. Wife says okay if you tag along.

• At least our crew is not called something completely stupid like Slingshot Takeover...

Not sure if that's the name of their crew, versus just what they call the Slingshot movement in general...

But... I don't try understanding things that have no bother on me... :saint:

Who's designing the Wrecking Crew tags (decals)? Are there any? Always interested in branding my Sling with anything other than Polaris...

• Ever heard of Herbalife... No? Well, let me tell you...
    :00008172:

The longest conversation in human history began when an Amway Salesman ran into an Herbalife Salesman...
    :D

(For the record, my grandparents were with Amway, in a big way. I can attest that it's not just a job, it's a life-style. ;) )

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• We are a crew, not a gang.

Perhaps we can arrange a "Gathering of the Crews" at some point!!
    I represent the "CCC" Connecticut Carnage Crew. Our sole mission, is to live by the Crew's motto "We live and die by the Slingshot code"
    Which means, if you invite us to a gathering, we'll show up "in 2 weeks!"
    You want to join us you say, you can, "in 2 weeks"
    Who's in the crew you ask, I can tell you in "2 weeks"
    How long did it take to organize us as a Crew "2 weeks"
    Your membership dues is $100, and lasts for "2weeks"
    Are you sick of this yet, you will be "in 2 weeks"
    :thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• As long as we refer to the gathering as a "swarm", I am in.

Pfft. 2 weeks? Kid stuff. Give me 12 hours notice .I ride.

We can negotiate the secret handshake when I get there.

• As long as we refer to the gathering as a "swarm", I am in.
    Pfft. 2 weeks? Kid stuff. Give me 12 hours notice .I ride.

We can negotiate the secret handshake when I get there.

Pfft. 12hrs... are you not riding a TURBO SILVER?? ~> like sharks, we're ALWAYS moving (and FAST too)! ;)

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Pfft. 12hrs... are you not riding a TURBO SILVER?? ~> like sharks, we're ALWAYS moving (and FAST too)!

I need 12 hours to sober up. Long rides, whilst blitzed, is a bitch. Getting too old for that. And, one day, my wonderful wife won't bail me out again, again. Don't want to see that day.