New exhaust option

• Some details would be great, right now all we have are two "vague" pictures which might be enough for some to understand what's going on but some of us weekend warriors need some explaining or videos with sound clips to get it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Looks like the battery is moved to the passenger compartment. Won't work with Slings with the full size battery and routed the tip trough the old battery tray area.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Looks like the battery is moved to the passenger compartment. Won't work with Slings with the full size battery and routed the tip trough the old battery tray area.

That much I assumed but when someone says new exhaust option in my mind that means new design/parts which require some details to be posted also would need a sound clip to help decide if it sounds to one's liking.

So basically what I was looking for was size of the piping and is it coming under the frame or through the transmission tunnel and of course a sound clip.

Personally i am in the process of looking for an exhaust, Dual side pipes is my dream but i am realistic and know that most likely it will be a rear exit, besides that the only other requirement is that it must be 2.5 so it is blower friendly for next year and MUST not be under the frame, since i can't afford to give up any ground clearance .

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Here is more info , my apologies for being vague.
    My exhaust is full 2 and half inch and runs inside the transmission tunnel . It's adapted to my precision 6262 turbo via Vband .
    My 2015 was a full size battery but I rerouted cables to behind the passenger luggage compartment and downgraded my battery to a motorcycle 400cca battery and it fits in the small valley perfectly. Battery did cost 130 from oriellys.
    I will put my SS on lift and send some pics .
    Sound clip coming tomorrow as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• That much I assumed but when someone says new exhaust option in my mind that means new design/parts which require some details to be posted also would need a sound clip to help decide if it sounds to one's liking.
    So basically what I was looking for was size of the piping and is it coming under the frame or through the transmission tunnel and of course a sound clip.

Personally i am in the process of looking for an exhaust, Dual side pipes is my dream but i am realistic and know that most likely it will be a rear exit, besides that the only other requirement is that it must be 2.5 so it is blower friendly for next year and MUST not be under the frame, since i can't afford to give up any ground clearance .

You also assumed I was talking to you....LOL.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• As always Jamie, you're one smart dude that keeps one step (or more) ahead of the pack. Great job. Do you have plans to offer it to fit a Hahn turbo next?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Ok, so I see a couple of concerns and just wondering how they are addressed.

1) The exhaust pipe comes through the plastic without a metal flange, thus placing the plastic against the pipe. Is heat not a concern or is it addressed and we just can't see it from this view?

2) Again, the plastic is tight around that pipe. Doesn't it vibrate and cause a rattle?

All that aside, I think it looks sharp, just wondering a few things is all.

• Sure I can make one to fit Haun , I need to find someone who has a Haun to I can make a template and a jig .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Go figure I am no where near you...I have Mark's old Hahn kit. It would have been a great test kit. lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Good questions and I also was concerned about this because the last thing I wanted was to burn my slingshot to the ground lol.
    The resonator tip is a double walled tip and you can hold your hand on this tip when the engine is running.
    The clamps used to secure this are very rigid so no vibration is detected .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Good questions and I also was concerned about this because the last thing I wanted was to burn my slingshot to the ground lol.
    The resonator tip is a double walled tip and you can hold your hand on this tip when the engine is running.
    The clamps used to secure this are very rigid so no vibration is detected .

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app