New Georgia license test for Slingshot.

• I was at the DDS today getting my license renewed, and saw a Slingshot there. The guy was taking his motorcycle test.
    I was curious how they tested with those since their course is so small.
    I was told, bythe supervisor for that location, that, beginning last month, there is a new road test for "autocycles".
    Basically, it's a simple road test on public streets on a preset route.
    The examiner doesn't ride with you. They follow you in a Driver Services vehicle.
    I asked what they thought of doing it like that. She said they ask thought it was stupid, and said, "it's just like driving a car. We don't understand why you need a motorcycle license."
    She also said that in their meeting about it last month, she was told that the head of driver services for the state has requested a reclassification to a standard licence for them due to the testing differences.
    No idea what will come of that, but thought I'd pass on what I was told.
    Either way, looks like for now it'll be much easier to get a motorcycle license in a slingshot in Georgia.
    Oh, and the license you get now is a standard Class M license with no differentiation for 3 wheels.

Sent from my phone using my big fat fingers to push the buttons

• yep... Sounds about right. I might have been one of the first in GA. They had to get with a state supervisor and request procedures. This was Jan of 2015. They came back over an hour later with the exact test you note. Funny thing mine was all right turns on the surface streets in a big loop. Took about 5 minutes. The tester drive behind and when done just shook his head.
    Really does need to be a standard driver's license.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I was at the DDS today getting my license renewed, and saw a Slingshot there. The guy was taking his motorcycle test.
    I was curious how they tested with those since their course is so small.
    I was told, bythe supervisor for that location, that, beginning last month, there is a new road test for "autocycles".
    Basically, it's a simple road test on public streets on a preset route.
    The examiner doesn't ride with you. They follow you in a Driver Services vehicle.

That's how they do it in Wisconsin. I asked the cute lady testing me if she we rather ride with instead of following and she said heck yeah but their current policy doesn't allow them too

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

• When I moved to Georgia years many ago, I had to take my drivers test again. I went to a very small DDS office in a small town outside of Savannah to do the test because it was less busy.
    At the time I was working for BMW and had a M5.
    I had a sticker on the passenger side corner of the windshield. As the examiner (A guy in his late 20s) walked up to the car, he saw the sticker and asked what it was. I told him it was a sticker for the Nurburgring. You can get one after driving the Ring.
    He asked me what it was like driving it, and we talked for about 10 min. (Still hadn't even gotten in the car)
    After about 10 min, he looked around and said, "sign here". Confused, I said, "what about the test?"
    His response, "If you can drive the Nurburgring, I think you can handle I-95"
    We walked inside and I got my Georgia licence.

For those who have never seen the Ring, this is what it looks like. It should be on any drivers bucket list. It's breathtaking.