WELTER or OTHER EXH?

• i am sick and tired of exh. with the SS...:( if i change this out it will be the 3rd exh i have on my ss in two years/// who had experience with a exh. that holds up and is moderately good sounding...any good info is appreciated...

• Wolf,,OEM,,then took that off because of heat..my OL was bitchin like crazy..and i went to that FRONT mounted one? forget the name,,got it used,,and in 30days it fell apart..then back for a while to OEM...now i have so called custom install under the frame and out back...sounds great. and no issues for close to 8 months...but the friggin speed bumps here in fla are murder...sooooo i am lookin for options that wont break the bank.....maybe i can find a good shop to go above frame to rear..but i would need that part to move the radiator pipe over i think...?

• On Tuesday I installed a 1320 header and the Welter 2" dual system. A REALLY easy install. Basic tools. The look and sound is just what I wanted. Bought both from slingshotsonly. While perhaps not necessary, I wrapped the pipes in the area of the angle drive as they are rather close. Too much heat there would not be a good thing! EditEdit[/b]

• Got the first gen uptone exhaust loud and obnoxious and I love it. If I did a new one I would go with alpha variable exhaust. Seen a couple SS with it and it's pretty sweet and the 3 different sound levels are nice.

• The Welter duels is my third and last exhaust. I love the look I think it finishes off the backend, love the sound, if you want louder pull the baffles. I love the sound and noise behind you not in front of you. With the baffles in very quiet for trips really don't know what else you could ask for in exhaust. I had mine installed last year in Maggie valley the 2in. version and after a whole year still very happy.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I love my Welter 2.5 duals. Mounted entirely above the frame. I like the ease of taking the baffles in and out. Make sure that you go with the 2.5 if you plan on turbo or superchargers. I installed myself, so trust me it is not difficult. If you have a top, you may receive some exhaust fumes blowing in with the duals.

@JeffWelter will take your phone calls in person, help you walk through any help you need, and make further suggestions about anything exhaust related. A top notch customer service oriented company.

@Jeff Welter and @angie@WP are just great people all around, you should expect nothing less as they are a part of our wonderful Slingshot community.

No items were received and nothing was paid for this endorsement!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Welter was offering just the pipes to tuck inside the transmission tunnel. Don't know if that was a one-time special or of they're still offering just the pipes. I can't access their website at the moment.

As of a week or so ago, the under chassis pipes were available from Welter for $399. As far as I know, no clamps, wrap or anything except the pipes. I emailed Welter directly to find out as I was contemplating building my own system. Decided to buy the full 2" dual system instead.

• ok... Don't laugh but I just opened my OE muffler up and added additional flow holes from chambers 1-2 and 3. Sounds a LOT better and the Butt-O-meter thinks it's an improvement. It allows a lot of flow past the internal CAT.
    Best part it was relatively free. Other than my time.
    It also has a burble now... :thumbsup:

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I really need to find a way to route the exhaust away from the cabin. I didn't mind the exhaust when it was the factory one...but since I got the turbo kit, Hahn kit seems to put the fumes right in the cabin until it warms up.

You may not be getting more fumes than before, they are probably just more noxious. You probably don't have a catalytic converter anymore and you're also running a richer tune. See if you can find someone with Bill's side exit and go for a spin. The side exit on mine is alpha, but I have to assume the effect on fumes would be similar.

• ok... Don't laugh but I just opened my OE muffler up and added additional flow holes from chambers 1-2 and 3. Sounds a LOT better and the Butt-O-meter thinks it's an improvement. It allows a lot of flow past the internal CAT.
    Best part it was relatively free. Other than my time.
    It also has a burble now... :thumbsup:

I think that's genius.

• I have had the stock exhaust, switched to the Alpha variable, and added the Welter 2.5" rear exhaust about two weeks ago.

I would agree with @Cameron Roberts - with the removal of the catalytic converter, (and a performance tune) the fumes are stronger.

I went to the Welter 2.5" primarily in preparation for a SC.

As others have mentioned, the service, support, and accessibility of the team at Welter has been excellent.

The install isn't difficult, the hardest part is getting the bolts on the stock transmission mount to loosen. There is a thread in here of my efforts and results.

They do seem to add some visual interest to the back end. Many people have noticed right away - "hey, you have added a new exhaust".

As for noise level, the full baffles are quiet and with the noise out back, you can actually hear the engine parts moving.

With the baffles out, you can make all the noise you want.

I did cut about 3/4" off the baffle and am very pleased with the sound.

Only two weeks with my Welters but am very satisfied so far.

• On my fourth exhaust... the Alpha Side has worked for me. Quiet at idle and kick azz when on the throttle. love it! Less fumes as well.

1) F1 Exhaust
    2) Fab Factor
    3) Alpha Variable
    4) Alpha Side Exhaust

5) Next .... who knows

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.