Clutch bleeding

• Wondering if anyone has bled their clutch? I did a motor swap and I had taken the cap off the clutch reservoir and got air in line someone stepped on clutch pedal with clutch and fly wheel out which ruined the slave cylinder, which i replaced. just can't get the full clutch pedal back. any one know what to do, i have fluid coming from tranny housing now

Powered by ALPHA :WHITESS::TURBOSS:

Edited once, last by jluna317 ().

• @jluna317 I replaced the hose and clutch master cylinder the pedal attaches to. I read in the service manual you need a mityvac pressure test tool 2870975. I had my old cap and drilled it and made my own attachment then followed procedure in the manual. here's pic of bleeding in the manual. I hope this helps and works for the slave also

• @jaycanter thanks gonna give it another go . If anyone has had fluid leak from their housing did they have to replace slave ? Mine is new and hoping it wasn't defected but im trying to bleed clutch and I'm losing the fluid. It's leaking from trans housing,

if it is leaking from the bell housing, the only place it can be coming from is either the slave cylinder, or the connection between the clutch line and the slave cylinder. With the slingshot you should be able to look down at the opening in the bell housing that the clutch line goes into, if you have an inspection camera you probably can even see where the fluid is coming from without disassembling everything. It does sound like you're going to need to go back in there though, let us know what you find!

• Clutch master cylinder is a cheap Peugeot part made of plastic. I changed mine over to a bop girling style MC and I'm much happier. Larger cylinder, all metal and moves bunches more fluid. If you are leaking fluid in the slave cylinder, it is a sealed line into the cylinder and you'll need the dealers help with that. I luckily do not have that issue anymore

Sent from my LG-H820 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Sent from my LG-H820 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Never had any issues with the clutch until yesterday. noticed it had too much travel. Opened the reservoir cap and its empty. I cannot find or locate any leaks or wet spots inside the bell housing (slave), mater cylinder of the lines .... ?(

Anyone else have this happen before?

Will be going to get some Dot 4 today. realized I don't have any new bottles and my current one was opened over a year ago so really don't want to use at this point (GA is humid).

EDIT: ..... Never mind, looks like I found it. A very, very small leak at the M/C. looks like warranty work unless I go @StickerDick direction.

What was the NOS Girling style MC part number or application. Also assume I can replace and bleed as described above?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Maybe @Dave@DDMWorks has some better M/C? :)

Been on line looking at possible upgrade M/C

We have the Petit LeMans in little over a week so I'm just gonna fill it up and bleed the best I can for now. Will dig deeper and make the warranty call in about two weeks.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Thanks @Tripod
    There are a few parts out there that will keep the replacement side of the Slingshot business busy.
    I had figured out the Solstice connection and was looking to see if there were any upgraded M/C available for it. Stands to reason that the market will be looking for these upgrades sooner than later.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Girling Remote Reservoir Master Cylinder - Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies

• Thank you @StickerDick

Ran by the dealer today to have them start the warranty claim and order the replacement. Will get it fixed in about 2-3 weeks. No rush. When warranty is up I'll look into doing this conversation. Looks to take a bit of modification to get to work. May keep an eye out for something a little closer to the OE install but as of now no such luck.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Thank you @StickerDick

Ran by the dealer today to have them start the warranty claim and order the replacement. Will get it fixed in about 2-3 weeks. No rush. When warranty is up I'll look into doing this conversation. Looks to take a bit of modification to get to work. May keep an eye out for something a little closer to the OE install but as of now no such luck.

I'm very happy with my new clutch setup now! It works Great. The ACT HSS Clutch is super fine and the Girling Remote Slave cylinder works perfectly!

• Called 2 dealers within 25 miles to get charge for changing brake & clutch fluid. Neither has done it. One said 92 an hour, the other is working up a price. Next closet dealer is 3 hrs away. Asked them for a cost. I hate doing fluid changes because I'm not good at it. But I may have to bite the bullet and do it myself.