Hahn RaceCraft 2017 MegaBuild: shortremover's Boosted Sling!

• Greetings all!

It's good to see you. We've been rather busy behind the scenes at Hahn RaceCraft as of late, as you'll see in what I'm about to lay down. I am ready to again throw open the doors to Billy Hahnka's Power Factory!

Enjoy the tour. I'm here tonight to start a new build thread, a fun and exciting exercise that we're going to do right before your very eyes. In this quest, we've enlisted the participation of @shortremover and his magnificently well-detailed Sling. To make it extra delicious, we're going to introduce a number of fun new products during this operation as well!

The Foundation

The basis of this build is our versatile Stage 2/2X TurboSystem, which is equally at home at 300, 400, or even 500+ HP. Originally released in early 2015, often imitated but never really duplicated, we've continued to refine and improve what we believe to be the most well-engineered, trouble-free TurboSystem available for Slingshot. The latest in a group of GM Ecotec engine TurboSystems that date back to 2002 when GM asked us to turbocharge the very first Ecotec-powered cars for the SEMA show, it reflects everything we've learned in not only 15 years of Ecotec, but also 45 years of Hahn family TurboSystem manufacturing...a distinction that makes the Hahn legacy the longest continuously-operating TurboSystem manufacturer in existence today.

NEW! Built for Boost Engine

As we're aiming for more than the stock engine can dependably provide, we're using a new product...our Built for Boost, or BFB engines. The BFB concept is one of economical dependability at enhanced power levels. It uses proven parts in conjunction with my extensive experience in building inline fours (and Ecotec in particular) to deliver an effective concept. We'll detail what goes into a Hahn BFB engine, its installation, and of course, the best part...the powerful results!

NEW! StreetRace Intake Manifold

In our ongoing quest to squeeze more power out of Ecotec in other applications, we've developed a line of billet sheetmetal intake manifolds dubbed StreetRace. We've now brought this concept to Slingshot! The new Slingshot StreetRace Intake Manifold replaces the restrictive plastic stock manifold, and not only seriously enhances power, it looks amazing under the hood. It's proven itself to be a real player on normally aspirated Slingshot as well, but we'll cover all that in another thread, for the name of the game here is BOOST!

NEW! PortFueler EMS

Another concept with which we've had great results in other Ecotec applications is our PortFueler system. PortFueler allows completely programmable fueling of the boosted condition up to 28 PSI of boost, and is compatible with the stock flashed PCM. That's right, it's completely adjustable in the field, with no PCM reflashing needed! For 2017, our newest version, PortFueler EMS (for Engine Management System) now takes the concept to the next level, adding ignition timing control and a raft of new features including detailed datalogging. Manufactured for us by industry giant AEM, the new PortFueler EMS controller strikes the perfect middle note in price and features between a canned, locked PCM flash tune and a complete programmable engine management system like Haltech.

NEW! Intank Fuel Pump PowerModule

Slingshot suffers from an intank fuel pump module that just, well...suffers. It lacks the sophistication of a modern automotive piece, and is notorious for experiencing surging, especially when the fuel tank is low, and the cornering and braking forces are high. My experience with automotive EFI goes back over 30 years, and I've brought that knowledge to bear in an innovative new intank PowerModule. Like the new StreetRace intake manifold, this piece will also enhance even non-boosted Slings. Unlike the stock unit, my new design won't surge, won't hurt engines, will properly support over 500 HP, and will feature options that allow fine-tailoring to the task at hand, such as optional pumps and the inclusion of a fuel return.

....but wait, there's MORE! And there is...but I'm going to keep some of it under wraps for now. You'll have to come back and follow the progress to see those surprises!

As we go, I'll add the sumptuous detail I'm noted for, not only about the parts themselves, but also in their installation and application. Stay tuned, for we are about to light the fuse on a rocketship!

And so it begins:

• sGreetings all!

Sure excited for all of this awesomeness to start becoming reality! Even more so to see proven technology applied where it has never been before. Will be unique, and tons of fun to make additional power in ways that no other Slingshot is making it, other than the turbo! Hold on boys and girls, I think it's going to be a ride!