New Recall for Canadian Slings

• There is a new recall for Canadian Slingshots.

Seems that we are too dumb in Canada to connect our seatbelt and we require an audible warning device to tell us to put it on.

This is one recall I won't be in a hurry to get put on. :00008862::00008862::00008862::00008862::00008862:

• hmm, an interesting point. I was going to upgrade my belts when I get my seats done too. However, if I am using different belts, and different buckles, will this turn off.

This is going to be annoying

• The only reason I left the stocks in is because I am using a PRP 5 point racing harness now and if I ever get pulled over and someone wants to make a point I can still use factory. Only reason I do up the drivers side one behind the seat is to get rid of the annoying light on the dash.

• I have no idea why we need this due to the fact it's classified as a "motorcycle". Seat belts on a motorcycle..........hmm. What's the rest of them out there like Harley and honda, etc. going to do?
    I run PRP's and I just made a small plastic tab that looks like the seatbelt tab and inserted it. Plus there are many out there for sale on Fleabay that make Dummy inserts for just a few bucks. You have to measure up the dimensions and find one that fits. They come in Kevlar or steel.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• Just another side to the recalls and the rate that they get done. I'm not sure if Polaris does this or not - maybe a Polaris dealer can answer this. BUT in the automotive world, dealers are given a list of the vehicles they sold by vin numbers. They (the dealers) are scored on their completion rates of these campaigns (recalls). It is used to determine which dealer gets more of limited edition models, faster shipping on limited supply parts, and sometimes they're even penalized on not complying with the recalls.

If you have a great selling dealer, you might want to see that all recalls get done quickly so he doesn't suffer from the mother ship (IF Polaris does what GM did or still does)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE