Braggin Rights: List Your Mods, Customizations for Your SlingShot..

• Posted in the Ladies Room, but open for any that want to brag about the time and effort put in to our "customized" SS. When family, or friends look at our slingshot, they dont remember the "virgin" sling... and we have to point out what we have done to improve our ride. Yet when we see one posted here, we automatically spot the work and effort put in. A lot of hours, frustration, blood and sweat, not to mention money has went into these Slingshots and I would like to give everyone the opportunity to brag...

SO.. tell me, how long you've had your sling, and it doesnt matter if theyre in chronological order but start your list with the very first mod you did, then the others... Im curious as to what your choice was for your first mod...

Since: August 2015
    Bullet Concept Top
    Uptone trio exhaust
    PRP behind seat bags
    PRP side bags
    Alpha Cold Air Intake
    Mefi Bobs tune
    Fuse block
    Halos
    Led headlights
    Assault grill ( modified upon arrival to include a set of teeth my husband made)
    Bigger battery installed (battery tray, Optima yellow top battery)
    Short shifter with knob
    Shifter boot
    Gen2 floor mats
    Speaker rings
    Bilstein shocks
    Headlight bypass
    Gps
    F4 +3 windshield
    Metricks sling wing
    Metricks Hugger fender
    Lock nut
    Caliper covers
    Rear E brake cover
    Relocated tag bracket
    Brake modulator( uninstalled and gathering dust as it seemed to cause issues)
    Painted belt guard (bird from the sky to watch over our arse)
    PRP Gen 2 seats with extra 2 inches foam
    Rock guard
    Assault Pedal covers
    Dust cover for transmission hole
    Forum Name Decals on lower front wing
    "SS" glovebox emblem
    Assault D-shaped Steering wheel with Adapter
    Odometer bezels - Red (gifted from @Ruptured Duck)
    Alpha Variable Exhaust (anybody need a uptone trio? :/ )
    Garage door opener switch
    Extended hood hinges
    Hood Pads
    Brake Master Cylinder Brace
    Lock Lug Nuts
    Nitto Gen2 555 Rear wheel
    LED Dash Light Indictor for Halo's (thanks for the wiring and idea @rabtech)
    Alpha Shorty Header
    Baker Air Wings
    Alpha Coil Pack Cover
    DDM Resevoir Tank
    NRG E Brake
    TuffSkinz Padded Console
    All Weather Cover to fit aftermarket top
    @mytoys Nut Cover
    Billet Red Fluid Caps
    @mniron Fender Buttons
    5 Year Extended Warranty
    Accesories Mount added to windshield brace
    "slingshotinfo" decal
    "I Survived The Dragon" decal
    .....And 1 gremlin bell....
    @Bill Martins QUICK JACK (GROUP BUY)

We went for our 500 mile service, another couple was up there having a top installed... Bullet Concept sent 2 to the dealership to try and sell. It being August and hot We got the 2nd one they had for . Its been the only mod we havent installed ourselves... well, truth be told... steve installed, and I was the useful gopher/hold this/grab here/fetch me some tea woman.... ;)

And after $400 for first service.... that was the last service they did.
    :D

For those that have too many mods they dont have the time to list.... lol God bless you and your hard work. Just the very first mod will satisfy my curiosity :thumbsup:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited 8 times, last by Guardian_Angel: Mods Needed updating... I like a detailed list of how much money we've got in the Slingshot... now I need some Tums, but unfortunately we didnt buy any of those. ().

• Very 1st mod was pulling off the stupid stickers from Polaris (done in parking lot before driving it off the lot!). The rest of the few mods I've done are listed here & in no particular order...

PRP seats (gen. 1, orange & black ostrich), Bilstein shocks w/orange springs, Niche wheels (Turin M170, silver), Nitto NT555 tires, HID headlights, orange carbon fiber hydrodipped belt guard ( STYLN), Twist orange e-brake cover, billet grill cover, floor mats (black & orange), orange instrument gauge bezels, orange speaker rings, orange radio accent bezels, radio shade visor, Alpha shifter adapter, Sickspeed orange shifter ball, Slingmods shifter boot w/orange stitching, Puig medium visor on driver's side bubble windshield, FBM CAI, UPTone exhaust (original; 1 of the 1st 24 made by Shawn of Fab Factory when he & Unified Performance were still together), full anodized orange engine cap set, Alpha cam & exhaust manifold covers (stainless steel for both), Jegs air/oil separator, BRP locking gas cap, polished stainless steel mirror accents, orange powder coated cupholders, RRR cable guards to hide headlight wiring, USA dual flag holder on back, Bryce remote battery jumper terminals, Scorpio alarm system with perimeter sensor, 2 rear fenders (Rivco & Metricks Hugger), transmission cover plate, swingarm/angle drive protective flap, Rally Armour front wheel mudflaps, FBM brake master cylinder brace, orange & black steering wheel cover, Mo-Door in-dash switched garage door opener, Assault pedal covers (silver/aluminum), upgraded factory 5.25" speakers to Massive Audio SK5 II, glove box & storage compartment lighting, orange flame powder coated license plate accent, 'Zombie Outbreak Response Team' badges (3 total), chrome 'Limited Edition' badges (3 total), Fiamm Freeway Blaster horn, misc. orange pinstriping accents, rear axle nut cotter pin

(There may be 2 or 3 more I haven't remembered)

EDIT to add latest mods: Madstad 9" Bronze windshield, stainless steel hood insert from @MACAWS, custom radio bezels & Tripod badging from @Slingshot Garage

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• @Bill Martin well, pray tell what your first mod was.... :?:

Now see there @Tripod, I learned that Shawn from FF was previously employed by Unified Performance.... didnt know that. And I LOVE the rims you have... I hope to see a red sling with powder coated silver wheels so I can visualize how that color wheel looks with red. Looks awesome against the orange.

STORY TIME....
    So @airoutlaw had been drooling over this Slingshot for a year before we ever inquired about one, and didnt see one in person til the day we picked ours up... Steve and I wanted our first ride to be together and I since I had to drive back to Cullman seperately, we rode it around Athens for a few miles, before heading back home.. It was so thrilling, and everybody was staring, lol and then... after about 5 miles, that engine got warm... that can exhaust got HOT, and my feet were on fire... I didnt want to complain because, we had waited a year.. Steve was in love with this machine, so I kept quite and danced on burning red hot coals til time for me to get out. I didnt have to say anything... as our family and friends took rides over the next coupke weeks, they ALL said, "it gets warm on your feet!", and similar comments. Steve asked if my feet got hot... and I said extremely, to thw point where I have to pull my feet as far away from that firewall, floorboard as I can... "but I love it dear ;) , still not really wanting to rain on the parade... but the longer we were riding, the hotter it got, he began to feel the heat coming thru the holes under steering column and out from the underside of plastic overlay around shifter. Having just made a lump sum purchase.... we tried a few fixes for the passenger side heat problem following @Samowens44 videos of insulating the firewall better, introducing some air into the floorboards with the black sump pump hose ran from the wheel, thru the splash guard, and into the footwell, stuffing the holes with thick shipping egg crate foam... nothing was making the ride any more comfortable. Yet, I still refused to be completely truthful about the "fire down below", was pretty sure how a lit cigarette felt though... "how you doing over there?", "Great!, this is wonderful! :thumbsup::D "
    And in my head, Id be thinking, "except for the red hot coals heaped on my feet!" At some point he put his hand on that side of the SS during a long ride and even though he felt hot heat coming through on his side, it was nothing compared to the hot lava I felt... he guesstimated the temp was around 130+ on my side.... thankfully he is a sweetheart, and ordered the 2nd gen Unified Performance exhaust and I got to kick that purple hued can to the curb. The difference was immediate... and I couldnt have been happier to be able to stretch my legs out and enjoy the ride... a story with a happy ending. :thumbsup::thumbup:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• My first mod was installing a removable MOMO steering wheel making it easier for my fat ass in and out. Then custom rear fender, JRI adjustable shocks. Then meet @Noel Hughes and he is saying "come here little boy - I have candy for you". Hooked then and ain't stopped yet!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Bill Martin well, pray tell what your first mod was.... :?:

Now see there @Tripod, I learned that Shawn from FF was previously employed by Unified Performance.... didnt know that. And I LOVE the rims you have... I hope to see a red sling with powder coated silver wheels so I can visualize how that color wheel looks with red. Looks awesome against the orange.

STORY TIME....
    So @airoutlaw had been drooling over this Slingshot for a year before we ever inquired about one, and didnt see one in person til the day we picked ours up... Steve and I wanted our first ride to be together and I since I had to drive back to Cullman seperately, we rode it around Athens for a few miles, before heading back home.. It was so thrilling, and everybody was staring, lol and then... after about 5 miles, that engine got warm... that can exhaust got HOT, and my feet were on fire... I didnt want to complain because, we had waited a year.. Steve was in love with this machine, so I kept quite and danced on burning red hot coals til time for me to get out. I didnt have to say anything... as our family and friends took rides over the next coupke weeks, they ALL said, "it gets warm on your feet!", and similar comments. Steve asked if my feet got hot... and I said extremely, to thw point where I have to pull my feet as far away from that firewall, floorboard as I can... "but I love it dear ;) , still not really wanting to rain on the parade... but the longer we were riding, the hotter it got, he began to feel the heat coming thru the holes under steering column and out from the underside of plastic overlay around shifter. Having just made a lump sum purchase.... we tried a few fixes for the passenger side heat problem following @Samowens44 videos of insulating the firewall better, introducing some air into the floorboards with the black sump pump hose ran from the wheel, thru the splash guard, and into the footwell, stuffing the holes with thick shipping egg crate foam... nothing was making the ride any more comfortable. Yet, I still refused to be completely truthful about the "fire down below", was pretty sure how a lit cigarette felt though... "how you doing over there?", "Great!, this is wonderful! :thumbsup::D "
    And in my head, Id be thinking, "except for the red hot coals heaped on my feet!" At some point he put his hand on that side of the SS during a long ride and even though he felt hot heat coming through on his side, it was nothing compared to the hot lava I felt... he guesstimated the temp was around 130+ on my side.... thankfully he is a sweetheart, and ordered the 2nd gen Unified Performance exhaust and I got to kick that purple hued can to the curb. The difference was immediate... and I couldnt have been happier to be able to stretch my legs out and enjoy the ride... a story with a happy ending. :thumbsup::thumbup:

it sounds like he is a very lucky man...great story.

• Added the alpha variable exhaust at SSITS.... the quiet was nice on the ride home, and the loud was LOUD... vibrating the whole cockpit... ( 8o )

Noticed it runs a bit hotter than the uptone trio... will see how hot it runs in an August heatwave.... X/:cursing:

• Mods
    I started of simple. Steering wheel, Radio, floor mats, seats and then I met Rabtech and things got expensive.
    First he put the turbo needle in my arm! Now I am a performance mod junkie and happily high on power....thanks brother

Yes sir, I am enjoying my Sling and have added extensively to the comfort and functionality of said machine. I am seriously avoiding the boosted power applications. That would send me down the road of no recovery. More power to those who need it, just don't shame me in the crowds and I won't call you Dick in public. Just kidding, you punch it and by the time I get there, I won't have to answer the question, "Is it fast?"

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I must say the Show & Shine was seriously stiff competition. No matter what you have done to yours - others have mods that make you drool. @Cameron Roberts I personally thought you should have won and I can see a set of those anodized break calipers under my Xmas tree....or sooner :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it