JRI Shocks

• @FunCycle are you adjusting the preload of the springs to get to the stock ride height for looks or performance? I know on my bikes I have about 1 1/4 " of preload adjustment, anything over that based on rider weight I have to go to a stiffer spring. I was told the preload was set based on the SS static weight. If that's not the case then maybe I could play with the preload adjustment. Let us know how your adjustments work out. :)

• @FunCycle are you adjusting the preload of the springs to get to the stock ride height for looks or performance? I know on my bikes I have about 1 1/4 " of preload adjustment, anything over that based on rider weight I have to go to a stiffer spring. I was told the preload was set based on the SS static weight. If that's not the case then maybe I could play with the preload adjustment. Let us know how your adjustments work out. :)

Yes, I am doing the preload to adjust the ride height, I have taken about 1 inch of preload off to get close the the stock ride height. I am real close to it now, I will be riding a couple of days and recheck and when done I will post the thread length on the shock. As to the click adjustment I am at 45 front and 40 on the rear right now. I have not left the house with this adj. yet. @kev this is taking up riding time and all of that work yesterday I could hardly move this morning.

• I finally got the height adjusted right. The measurement on the threads on the shocks is 1.85 inch now which started at 2.30 inch, I am assuming this was the factory setting for the SS from JR-I. I am back down to the stock height for the Slingshot. The clicker is also now set at 55 front, 50 rear. I have not been out yet with this setting, this should be real close to the 2 clicks on the QA-1's. I am just playing around with the settings. Thinking that I will end up with a 45/40 for normal and something more than the 35/30 for track day or the mountains. I am not going to play with the preload on the rear, just pull the shock and just reduce the pre load by .45 inch. what ever the setting. OK, now on to the next project/mod.

• Looks like the JR-I will not give you as soft a ride as the QA-1's. So if you want a real soft ride you will have to get the QA-1 shock, I have not seen that being said before

Can you explain how you got to that conclusion...Im sure interested mind would like to know.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Well, on Tuesday I was riding on QA-1's today I am riding on JR-I's both set as soft as they would go.

this makes me wonder about the differences between the JRI Sport, Grand Touring, and the adjustable. clearly the valving is the main difference, but are the springs the same for all three? is it actually possible to set the adjustable to be identical to either of the factory set coil overs, or are there compromises that must be made to get the range the adjustable has that make it impossible? - - its not important, just something I am curious about - logically I would think that single purpose coil over would have an advantage at that one purpose, but with technology the way it is today that could be wrong

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Looks like the JR-I will not give you as soft a ride as the QA-1's. So if you want a real soft ride you will have to get the QA-1 shock, I have not seen that being said before

This does not surprise me after you said your settings were 45/40! To me that is really soft and I never had anything to compare it to like yourself. But I did see how they compared on the shock dyno at Maggie 2 years ago.

• This does not surprise me after you said your settings were 45/40! To me that is really soft and I never had anything to compare it to like yourself. But I did see how they compared on the shock dyno at Maggie 2 years ago.

They are at 55/50 right now just to see the difference, about as soft as they will get. I ran the QA-1's on 2 clicks around town just to smooth out the rough roads around here

• The JR-1's were gifted to me and we installed my QA-1's on my friends SS. He turned them up a few clicks because he did not like them that soft. I will bet you money he will put them back on the 2 click setting

Paying forward at its finest....awesome!

DO you think you upgraded up or down...I know it may be too soon to say.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• On my QA1 shocks I have two way adjustable (ride height and rebound). My rebound is set to lowest setting and stills feels stiff. I have 250# springs in front and 350# spring in rear. Wonder if I went too stiff on springs.

I had the same spring rate as you. I changed to a 300lb spring in the back last month and it's a much more enjoyable ride. The fronts seem good, but the back was giving me a beating. Here's a link for a 300lb red spring. search.html?q=EIB 1400-250-0300 The site has many options for springs

• Glad you finally stated that @FunCycle... I have the JRI clickers (came with Sling) and have thought the ride isn't as soft as everyone claims with aftermarket shocks... Even when clicked all the way to soft, like you say.

Think I want a soft ride, but we'll see... Changing my red springs to some silver ones next week! :thumbsup:

• Glad you finally stated that @FunCycle... I have the JRI clickers (came with Sling) and have thought the ride isn't as soft as everyone claims with aftermarket shocks... Even when clicked all the way to soft, like you say.

Think I want a soft ride, but we'll see... Changing my red springs to some silver ones next week! :thumbsup:

Almost like saying you are floating with the QA-1