JRI Shocks

• I had the same spring rate as you. I changed to a 300lb spring in the back last month and it's a much more enjoyable ride. The fronts seem good, but the back was giving me a beating. Here's a link for a 300lb red spring. search.html?q=EIB 1400-250-0300 The site has many options for springs

The 300lb spring is what DDM shocks use as well. When I was placing my order I asked about the spring rates and was told they use 225 front and 300 for the rear.

SSREAPER

:BLACKSS: 2016 SL LE BLACK PEARL :HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS:

• Glad you finally stated that @FunCycle... I have the JRI clickers (came with Sling) and have thought the ride isn't as soft as everyone claims with aftermarket shocks... Even when clicked all the way to soft, like you say.

Think I want a soft ride, but we'll see... Changing my red springs to some silver ones next week! :thumbsup:

Would that be the gently used red springs????

• Would that be the gently used red springs????

Haven't forgotten about you sir! You'll be getting them, yes sir... :thumbsup:

I've been off since Friday, but haven't done any modding yet! Only modding around the house... Sprinkler system gave me a beating today... Damn valves, heads, solenoids, low pressure... :S I hate sprinkler systems! :cursing:

• Haven't forgotten about you sir! You'll be getting them, yes sir... :thumbsup:
    I've been off since Friday, but haven't done any modding yet! Only modding around the house... Sprinkler system gave me a beating today... Damn valves, heads, solenoids, low pressure... :S I hate sprinkler systems! :cursing:

Yep I hate sprinklers too. I have about 5 mods sitting in front of the slingshot right now that need to be done. We’ve been building a new place and that has taken all my time so send them here whenever you’re ready and I will put them in line.

• JRi was the first brand of shocks to be available for the Slingshot. They were tested before most people had even seen a Slingshot in person. There have been a lot of changes and upgrades over the last couple years to the shock setting and build components to make the shocks as good as they are. Most people just want a better ride. Get the Grand Touring set. Some people like to drive aggressive. Get the Sport shocks or the Double Adjustable set. The extra adjustment allows for a fine tune of exactly what you want in the ride - the GT or Sport shocks are setup with no further adjustments available.

I still have the second set of JRi's ever made (double adjustables). They've been rebuilt several times with damping and spring changes. I have one setting for street and one for track days. I also am running the Alpha sway bar. This along with the custom shock setup I am running have radically changed the way our Slingshot handles. :thumbup:

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Just installed Alpha powersports shocks. noticed air pressue in left shock is 77 psi the right is 122 psi. What is the correct pressure? thanks

• Just installed Alpha powersports shocks. noticed air pressue in left shock is 77 psi the right is 122 psi. What is the correct pressure? thanks

When you say "Alpha powersports shocks" I assume you are talking about the JRI's that Alpha sold before they went out of business - If this is correct I believe they are nitrogen filled and not intended to be user serviceable - I believe the valve stem is only there for manufacture use - I assume if these are the old Alpha branded JRI's that you must have bought them used and if so I would suggest you send them into JRI to be rebuilt

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• When you say "Alpha powersports shocks" I assume you are talking about the JRI's that Alpha sold before they went out of business - If this is correct I believe they are nitrogen filled and not intended to be user serviceable - I believe the valve stem is only there for manufacture use - I assume if these are the old Alpha branded JRI's that you must have bought them used and if so I would suggest you send them into JRI to be rebuilt

The valve on mine look like the same high pressure valve used in the shock of my mountain bike, not that I have tried putting air in them but I assume that the same high pressure pump could be used.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• The valve on mine look like the same high pressure valve used in the shock of my mountain bike, not that I have tried putting air in them but I assume that the same high pressure pump could be used.

I suspect a mountain bike shock has different requirements than an automotive coilover but - - -

If you wanted to adjust the nitrogen I guess you could, there are kits out there to do this that I assume will either fit the JRI valve or if not can be adapted. One thing I do know is that you do not want to use air in place of nitrogen in a coilover like this - Air contains much more moisture and this can lead to heat and adversely effect the performance - also even with nitrogen you would need to know what the proper pressure needs to be which JRI might be able to tell you - - probably just easier and less money to send them in unless you have a local performance shop that does this type of thing :/

In the situation asked about above I would want to know why one coilover has such a different nitrogen pressure than the other it would seem to me that there is a very good chance the one with the lower pressure has a leak which is why I suggested sending them in to JRI to be rebuilt - not much point in going to all of the trouble of getting the nitrogen refilled if its just going to leak back out

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• JRI's and most other shocks are filled with oil... If air were used, under compression the oil might diesel... It just has to go over 22:1 That would shoot off your suspension. There have been some unfortunate incidents in China where regular office chair cylinders dieseled, firing the piston/bracket assembly up through the seat killing the user. Most of the office chair shock and adjustable height cylinders use a silicone based oil (non-flammable) as the "valve" attached to the adjustment lever allows outside air in and out. With automotive shocks, the oil can be a non-flammable oil, but that might not have the best damping qualities so don't count on it.

• Edward Neal MTB shocks actually are more complex than you would think for once they take special pumps that reach higher pressure than normally used on just about anything else, for example mine are run at 190 PSI, I am pretty sure the JRI are actually run at a lower PSI .

gearhead don't know about other coilovers but JRI use both hydraulic oil + nitrogen.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.