Edit: My computer sucks! Yes, I don't really care... But... MPG?

• Now don't get me wrong... City driving and having fun, I really don't care. I do frequent tire spins and traction control light ups in the city...
    I just thought it would be better with highway cruising...

Once I do boost, definitely time for a trailer... No more long trips... More like @Bill Martin, rather ride in AC, better suspension (even though I have jri 2 way), and a bigger gas tank!

43,000 miles still on the original front tires, will be new before SSITS. I am on the 3rd rear tire of which will also be new for Maggie Valley

• I don't check every tank, but it is somewhere between 18-21 mpg, depending on how I drove it that day.

I'd drive it if it was 6... now, I'd look for a way to mount an auxiliary tank on it, can't be stopping more than the Harley riders...

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• So @Rob the Slob, doing the math, I'm at about 26/27 mpg... I take it all back! Lol...

Seems like the engine isn't too bad... It's the computer that sucks! It blinked low fuel on me and when I gassed up, it only took 7.7 gallons... And I spilled gas trying to keep adding. So my computer is way off...

How big is the tank again? 9.something, right? I still had 2 gallons left (worst case)... That's at least 50 miles...

Either way, I'll just use it and keep a good amount of fuel so I never get too low... Maybe time to throw in an additive/cleaner... Think I'm approaching 8k miles...

• You have a ten gallon tank. Mine will start blinking when I'm sitting somewhere south of three gallons. Right around 2.5 or so. Driving like a grandma you should be able to go over 250 miles on a tank.

• @MiM Remember- you also have a CA model, which has additional clean air cr*p put on it. You mileage is pretty comparable to mine- which is N/A, with only a CAI. I also have the Stinger roof, which did impact mileage...... Don't know if you get the winter blend versus summer blend gas in any other states- but winter blend seems to drop my MPG as well. All said and done- didn't buy it for the mileage.......

• What is this witchcraft!?!? Best I ever got NA was about 270 a tank. Best I have gotten with the turbo...246 miles.

A turbo is like a Lays potato chip - you can't just stomp on the accelerator once - could that be your problem ;(:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Ruptured Duck, the wheels are bigger SL wheels (it's a base model) but previous owner stated the ECU was programmed for the SL wheels.

It has a cold air intake...that might be throwing off the ECU? Either way, I calculated 26/27 so I'm okay... Was just worried the wife had another thing to complain about... Boasting that her tank SUV got better gas mileage...

• Interesting.

Once the low fuel alert comes on, I have never put much more than 8 gallons in.

No stranger to long rides, but definitely a stranger to tracking my gas mileage. Been on cruise at high speeds, but never noticed bad gas mileage. Pretty sure I am close to, but not quite, 30 mpg. If I was getting teens to low 20s, I would have noticed. Best run, is 1047 miles. I would have noticed.

Sounds like bad data to me, or maybe a fuel leak, or the beast wasn't flashed for the SL wheels.

• Anyone who is boosted should NEVER let the tank get that low. I never try to go over 180 miles before refueling, or go less than 4 bars. All you need is some fuel sloshing and have the fuel pickup suck in some air while you're under boost to get a ring side seat into the inner secrets of a once running ecotec motor

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• This past saturday went on a ride with @Turbosling and @mniron , one has a hairdryer the other has a blower and my fully stock engine used more gas than either of them .

At the beginning of the ride we filled up at the same pump and went on our merry way, when we filled up again after 102 miles of twisties they had just gone down to 3 bars while i was on 2 almost going into 1.

As I have stated previously don't care about MPG from a cost standpoint but I do use it as a way to track engine performance, given my current performance i would say there has to be something wonky about mine, any of you SS gurus have any idea.

My MPG for that ride was 23.65 MPG(hard numbers not the trip computer bs)

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Yeah, on the open Highway pulling a trailer with the cruise set at 80 mph, we're getting 25 mpg. It isn't varying much at all. Even when I play, the difference is only marginal.

While I agree that the Sling with the Ecotec engine should get better mileage, (I have a Ford Focus with the 2.4 as well which is far superior), I didn't buy the Sling for the Mileage. I bought it to fill the gap where I was missing both my old Bike, and my old Duster (1970 with the 340 engine). Wish I kept them both :love:

Whenever the mileage gets me down, I just think back to how little mileage I got in the Duster and how much more fun the Sling is than the Focus.

• Yeah, on the open Highway pulling a trailer with the cruise set at 80 mph, we're getting 25 mpg. It isn't varying much at all. Even when I play, the difference is only marginal.

While I agree that the Sling with the Ecotec engine should get better mileage, (I have a Ford Focus with the 2.4 as well which is far superior), I didn't buy the Sling for the Mileage. I bought it to fill the gap where I was missing both my old Bike, and my old Duster (1970 with the 340 engine). Wish I kept them both :love:

Whenever the mileage gets me down, I just think back to how little mileage I got in the Duster and how much more fun the Sling is than the Focus.

Yeah, buddy. Your words are wise and thoughtful. Having owned a Duster and a Focus, I give you a +1. Well said.