How do you thank someone properly?

• This topic could go under many existing threads, but honestly it deserves its own. I'll fully explain and provide pics later, but it has to be said today, @kenny_h is one special guy that for some strange reason just happens to live close to me. We chat or text each other daily. I'm at a loss of just how to label our relationship (Stay out of this Tripod). I can't say he's a friend since most friends wouldn't do what he does for me. I can't call him my brother since I already have one and he's no Kenny, even in his dreams. With the age difference, I guess you could say he's the son I never had.

Anyway, we both went out to look at something that I was thinking about buying. It was not in the best of shape and needed a LOT of work to make it safe and totally functional. Some of the work needed far exceeded my skill level, and Kenny said if I bought it we could bring it over to his house and he could do this and that to it and I'd end up with a great finished product. So I bought it and brought it to Kenny's house for an extended stay. To say he worked on my item to fulfill his offer to me would not do him justice. He spent a LOT of time doing things we never discussed for him to do. He took this project on as if it was his own. He burnt out his 20 volt Dewalt drill doing one job, and never bitched about. I brought over a drill to finish that task. I needed to buy some supplies to do the job, and he said not to buy them; that he had some of his own! (Now he's putting HIS money into this?) I needed to buy some stainless steel fasteners, and again he pulls out a box full of them and said "let's just use these". We even had a discussion about one change that he said "if you don't like it, I'm probably going to do it anyway". He's that kind of guy. Anything he does has to be the quality work that he would do on his own items.

The job is now complete and I'm sure if anyone saw the before product and the completed one, they would say no way they're the same

I type this as I wipe the tears from my eyes as there's no way I can live long enough to repay Kenny for all he's done (and I'm sure he's going to do more for me in the future). Although we did share a few meals throughout this project, you can't pay your bills on hamburgers and fries) Kenny, you're one special dude that I'm so fortunate to have met and I want to publicly thank you and wish you all the best in everything you do. You're that one in a million that people hear about but never meet. Well, I'm the lucky one, and honored to be able to call you a true friend and more

Thanks Bro

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @funinthesun, I've said it at least a thousand times...the folks on this particular forum are special breed. Everyone has their own little niche, and it just seems to fit whenever, wherever, and forever. As with you, I am fortunate to have met, and since, struck up a relationship with some very special individuals. When I say special, I mean SPECIAL!!!! Not only by their actions, but by their mere presence in my life. My wife and I consider ourselves very fortunate to be surrounded by such company! My only hope, is that I also hope to impact someone's life as they have impacted mine. Too many to name specifically, I simply offer my most humble thanks and gratitude to those individuals who have reached out and influenced / impacted both my wife and I. You ALL are very special! And for that, I truly thank you. :thumbup:

• I type this as I wipe the tears from my eyes as there's no way I can live long enough to repay Kenny for all he's done (and I'm sure he's going to do more for me in the future). Although we did share a few meals throughout this project, you can't pay your bills on hamburgers and fries) Kenny, you're one special dude that I'm so fortunate to have met and I want to publicly thank you and wish you all the best in everything you do. You're that one in a million that people hear about but never meet. Well, I'm the lucky one, and honored to be able to call you a true friend and more

Solid. This was the Stand Up thing to do. Well put and honest tribute to a deserving person. Respect!

• Great tribute to @kenny_h but the man far exceeds your accolades - in Panama City he introduced me to the Pineapple Upside Down Cake shot raisin his status to Zeus or Apollo or one of them Gods that sit up on Mt Olympus....much love brother!! :00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Great tribute to @kenny_h but the man far exceeds your accolades - in Panama City he introduced me to the Pineapple Upside Down Cake shot raisin his status to Zeus or Apollo or one of them Gods that sit up on Mt Olympus....much love brother!! :00008359:

I've been hearing about Kenny and all his chicks for a while now. It finally came to the point where I said, yea, yea, yea. Pics or they don't exist. So yesterday afternoon when I thought he wasn't home and went over there to see his chicks. Damn, this guy knows how to pick up chicks - and they're all blondes!

Luv yea bro (in a manly way)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I think your original question was "How to thank someone properly"
    Well sir I think you've done that very respectfully and with great taste. :thumbsup:
    Also agree that sometimes you meet people and for what ever reason you become great friends and I'm sure he has the same admiration and respect for you.
    Once again this forum shows the great quality in the awesome people here.
    Congrats :thumbup:

• You did an amazing job summing up the gratitude and appreciation you have for your brother. Almost gave me a serious case of feels.

In all seriousness, this community has been the biggest reason I have not sold my slingshot. I would miss the camaraderie of this collection of people (most I have not even met). I have told my wife over and over that I have never felt the level of friendship and respect for each other as I have on this site. Some websites are simply fan pages, some are just pages you go and drool at, and some are just places to talk trash about how you are better than someone else or how you have spent more money doing this or that...this site...it's sincerely about brotherhood and I am glad to be a part of it in my own way. There will come a time when I will have to sell my slingshot...but I definitely won't forget any of the people here.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• You did an amazing job summing up the gratitude and appreciation you have for your brother. Almost gave me a serious case of feels.

In all seriousness, this community has been the biggest reason I have not sold my slingshot. I would miss the camaraderie of this collection of people (most I have not even met). I have told my wife over and over that I have never felt the level of friendship and respect for each other as I have on this site. Some websites are simply fan pages, some are just pages you go and drool at, and some are just places to talk trash about how you are better than someone else or how you have spent more money doing this or that...this site...it's sincerely about brotherhood and I am glad to be a part of it in my own way. There will come a time when I will have to sell my slingshot...but I definitely won't forget any of the people here.

NO SELL BEFORE SSITR!!! We have cigars to smoke and fine Kentucky bourbon to drink !!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You sir are also a stand up guy for acknowledging @kenny_h in this way. I've found this forum and the slingshot riders I've gotten to know personally reminds me of the old days riding Harley's the community repeatedly show more brotherhood and sisterhood than most bikers I've ran around with in the last ten years. And I rode them for 35 years

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Damn Phil....I got a little choked up reading this. ;(^^ First off let me say that I do not consider you as a friend...you are more than that. In the 2+ years of owning my Slingshot, I have made many friends, but there is a small group that I consider FAMILY. YOU GUYS KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    I will continue to do whatever I can for any fellow slinger...no matter if you are the next town over or across the country. At the end of the day that's what's it's all about!

Now get some pics of that bad boy posted!!!!

• Awesome stuff @funinthesun! And @kenny_h, I know you are an above and beyond guy because early into my membership, I needed a stock part that I messed up and you were quick to send me it, no questions asked. Need to meet you both!

And like @V-SHOT said, there's so many of you here! It's a family hood!

@av8ingtom with the Guardian Bell and header cover and hoses, @DKF Texas with the speaker pods, @Tripod with the shirt and offering a place to stay on my trip back from California, @jorgebri60 with offering to come to Houston whenever I need help with a project/install, @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver with the cookies, @BONES with the keychains, @Slingshot Garage with his dedication, blood, sweat and tears for his craft which is amazing and produced my emblems, @rabtech for his shirt giveaways and really, just making this forum for all of us to keep playing in the sandbox, @Ross for sending me the hub puller, @Thomas Sleight for sending me the frankenpuller (which I am ready to share for whoever may need it, but I'm the only dunce to struggle with hubs), @Slingrazor also offering to help whenever needed, @Painter for his personalized valve cover exchange program, @Bill Martin for the brake covers, even the vendors! @slingmods hooking it up with a replacement wheel and @slingshotjimmy switching out the hoses!

You guys get the picture! Too many to list! I love this place!!! ;(

• Heh @kenny_h thought I,d better get this offer in while your still a great guy! Who knows, @StickerDick might blow your doors of in a week or two and you,ll be long forgotten, a nobody, all washed up ! lmfao. Like that's gonna happen ! I got to see all your great mods(including the ones done personally by you) at Daytona and being in the Marine Repair business you are certainly capable of taking me up on this if you have the time ? If you check out my last "new roofs for Maggie valley,,and windshields too " post , you'll see I,m tooling up for a new arched windshield base . We,ve had the discussion before of how I feel about the aerodynamics of the Slingshot and I think this new arched windshield base will be a good improvement, and you certainly have the ability to carve up a sheet of poly carbonate, so Why don,t I send you one , free gratis Bro, and you can personalize your own windshield height and shape. I only want input back on whether you like it or not and in the end if you decide to go back to your factory favorite you can give it to Stickerdick and tell him he,s gonna need all the help he can get ! :thumbsup: slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/43938/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/43938/
    Just noticed how shitty these pics really are, they don't properly show the arch from the right side to the left , but you,ll recognize I used the bottom one inch of the
    factory blade windshield base then sloped back dramatically to a new windshield base, arching out the square corners and flat plate area of the factory windshields, ignore those mahogany sheets on the pods, in the one view you,ll see the black marker line where they get trimmed back to a half inch flange that two sided tapes down to top of pods to reduce any vibrations.