Nitrogen filled tires

• How much liquid nitrogen do you want? We have a 60 thousand litre tank and 3 that are 11000 litre that we use as buffer tanks for our pipeline. We also have 20 thousand of liquid oxygen. Liquid nitrogen is so fun to freeze things with and smash them. Bananas shatter like glass

Just a gallon to top off. Then hook me up with a small thermos to freeze off some warts.

• But that 0.01%:must be the condensation from hydrogen contamination.

I've been using a similar mix in my tires. It works great for me.
    I may even try running myself on that sort of mix and see how well I go on it.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• But that 0.01%:must be the condensation from hydrogen contamination.
    I've been using a similar mix in my tires. It works great for me.
    I may even try running myself on that sort of mix and see how well I go on it.

LOL, I was just giving him grief for missing the 0.01 in his totals ~> no nitrogen for me...

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I used nitrogen when I bought my tires at CostCo, but haven't used them for tires in a while now. Got this interesting article in an email today from Popular Mechanics that claims it's the moisture in normal air that causes the variations in tire pressure compared to pure nitrogen -
    Nitrogen Vs Compressed Air in Tires: Which is Best
    This makes me wonder if I place a moisture filter in my air compressor distribution line will I see any improvement since I will presumably reduce the amount of moisture in my air supply?

• I used nitrogen when I bought my tires at CostCo, but haven't used them for tires in a while now. Got this interesting article in an email today from Popular Mechanics that claims it's the moisture in normal air that causes the variations in tire pressure compared to pure nitrogen -
    Nitrogen Vs Compressed Air in Tires: Which is Best
    This makes me wonder if I place a moisture filter in my air compressor distribution line will I see any improvement since I will presumably reduce the amount of moisture in my air supply?

I use the husky(HD) filter on my compressor, the toys use normal air and they still loose pressure over winter vs our daily drivers that have nitrogen.

One SUV in particular has never had anything added to the tires in ~3 years.

Although I can't say that your theory is wrong but based on the filter that I own pure nitrogen is still better.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I use the husky(HD) filter on my compressor, the toys use normal air and they still loose pressure over winter vs our daily drivers that have nitrogen.
    One SUV in particular has never had anything added to the tires in ~3 years.

Although I can't say that your theory is wrong but based on the filter that I own pure nitrogen is still better.

Never use the stuff myself and still had to bring the pressure back up in the tires that had nitrogen.

• Atmospheric air, the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen, that only leaves 22% for all other things in the air. Nitrogen is used in race tires to combat changes in tire pressures that we would never see or feel. It is said that nitrogen has bigger molecules so it does not leak out of the tire over time. So my questions are,

1. If the other 22% leaks out and the nitrogen does not when you add air in so you at some point have all nitrogen. For free.

2. How do mounters inflate tires with nitrogen? Do they somehow suck all the air out of the tire then fill it? Or do they fill purge, then fill again. How many cycles?

3. What happens when your nitrogen filled tire needs more nitrogen or goes flat? How many tire shops keep a bottle of nitrogen around, none I know of here abouts.

4. Most race applications measure the tire pressure in very small increments, tenths of a pound. When was the last time you saw a tire pressure gauge in that small of an increment?

Just another form of snake oil pushed off on the unsuspecting motorist.

LC