Alpha Cold Air Intake

• I have a 2016.5 SS with a Alpha Cold Air Intake that I installed 12 months ago and until about two weeks ago have had no problem with it. I started getting a "Check Engine" light about two weeks ago and a O 655564 code and the dealer has replaced the 02 sensor twice and the light will go off for a short time and come back on until he replaces the sensor again then I have the same problem all over again. He thinks it`s the Alpha intake causing the engine to run to lean. I`m no mechanic and don`t understand why it hasn`t been a problem in the last 12 months and now it is. He says things change, anyone have any insight on what`s going on?

• I have a 2016.5 SS with a Alpha Cold Air Intake that I installed 12 months ago and until about two weeks ago have had no problem with it. I started getting a "Check Engine" light about two weeks ago and a O 655564 code and the dealer has replaced the 02 sensor twice and the light will go off for a short time and come back on until he replaces the sensor again then I have the same problem all over again. He thinks it`s the Alpha intake causing the engine to run to lean. I`m no mechanic and don`t understand why it hasn`t been a problem in the last 12 months and now it is. He says things change, anyone have any insight on what`s going on?

That is not the problem. I do not know what the problem is, but the Alpha is not the problem. Just about every Slingshot out there has some type of CAI on it. I am not going to call a name on this, but they are blowing smoke to try and cover their ass. They are better than this.

Code 655564 does not exist. There are 3 O2 sensor codes: 65561 (with 5 different FMI codes following that #); 65565 (2 FMI codes); & finally, 65567 (again, 2 FMI codes).

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Just curious- is your back up camera on the recall? It has been known to cause all sorts of unrelated havoc.

All of the recalls have been done. The service manager says it`s the cold air intake that`s causing the problem but in the 12 months it`s been on there, I`ve never had a problem. When I first start it up in the mornings it will not idle correctly, shuts off and when I restart I have to give it a little gas and it will smooth out and run fine the rest of the day. ECU or fuel rail problem maybe ? I don`t think the service manger knows any more than I do.

• All of the recalls have been done. The service manager says it`s the cold air intake that`s causing the problem but in the 12 months it`s been on there, I`ve never had a problem. When I first start it up in the mornings it will not idle correctly, shuts off and when I restart I have to give it a little gas and it will smooth out and run fine the rest of the day. ECU or fuel rail problem maybe ? I don`t think the service manger knows any more than I do.

What is the FMI #? That would be the single digit # after (below) the 65561 code? There are 5 possibilities for that code...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Personally, I would challenge them to find the difference between the Alpha CAI and the one Polaris offers. They will find that if anything, it is the Polaris CAI that is sub-par

• This may sound stupid to some but, A gas cap NOT on tight, a bad rubber seal will cause a O2 check engine light. As far a I know there is no other codes that happen other than the O2. There are various You Tube videos about this.
    BTW: This was the fix that was found for this issue on this thread. The gas cap that was installed had a bad rubber seal.A new gas cap was installed and the issue has cleared. No more codes or light.

• This may sound stupid to some but, A gas cap NOT on tight, a bad rubber seal will cause a O2 check engine light. As far a I know there is no other codes that happen other than the O2. There are various You Tube videos about this.
    BTW: This was the fix that was found for this issue on this thread. The gas cap that was installed had a bad rubber seal.A new gas cap was installed and the issue has cleared. No more codes or light.

I have heard this on other vehicles but this is the first on the SlingShot, Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Roadhouse

• BTW: This was the fix that was found for this issue on this thread. The gas cap that was installed had a bad rubber seal.A new gas cap was installed and the issue has cleared. No more codes or light.

Weird .... the Slingshot fuel tank is vented directly to atmosphere without vapor recovery (except for CA models), is not pressurized, and their is no fuel return line from the rail so I would be curious to hear how this was the "fix" ......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......