Hood opening

• Is it common for a hood not to open mine will not open. I have opened it before no problem. I'm taking it to get its 500 miles service soon. It's really pissing me off I can't open it lol!

• No, the hood is supposed to open. Somebody is probably gonna shoot me cause it is not as obvious as it seems...

Push down on the latch tongue, not up to release latches...

Shootin' in the dark here cause I didn't see your attempt.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Is there an app for that?

well, what else do you call it when you adjust the hood latches to the little closure thingys??
    @airoutlaw did ours 2 weeks go after he installed the extended hood..... things... X/
    The latches needed adjustment afterwards.

On a side note... he tried to find out before he installed that extended hood release mod if he had been shipped the old rods or the new longer rods... never found out, and installed and.... they were the longer rods. :thumbdown:
    Uninstalled those when replacements showed up, and reinstalled a second time. :S

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I say.... something is out of alignment... hood or hood latch catches.

Just basing that off mine and my husbands experience, so the amount of stock you put into my advice is at your own peril, but we had the same problem.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• @Samowens44 regularly posts great videos on his youtube channel for almost all the common slingshot problems and how to fix it.

Noel Hughes from Slingshot Only (aftermarket vendor) explains latch alignment at various points of this mod installation.

Edited 2 times, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Mine just weird it only release on one side. The right side doesn't pop at all

mine had a similar issue, the back driver side would stick when the hood was open they all released at the same time so that is where I was lost as to what to do.

Someone recommended to get hood latches reinforcement bracket's, I went to Alpha and @Turbosling and Troy worked their magic and now it opens smoothly.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.