IPhone and teenagers

• Need advice on used iPhone for a 15 year old. They beat the hell out of them and he finally killed his. Is there a used market for these things? Anyone want to sell an ATT iPhone five or six?

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• No experience there. Can I trust a used phone will work if I go that route.

As long as you buy from a reputable seller. Always buy from someone with a lot of sales & 100% positive reviews.

Also, Amazon sells certified, refurbished iPhones.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Ebay is an option, however, you could always try an EB Games or Games Stop as well. The kids will know where to find the store, lol.

In Canada, they often have quite a few used ones they take in on trade. They always make sure the phone is wiped and in good working order. They don't sell anything with cracked glass.

Sometimes they are jailbroke, sometimes not.

• Whatever you end up getting, I would highly recommend getting a Lifeproof case to protect it in the future. They are waterproof and shock proof. Might save you from having to buy one in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Hey get on Craigslist and get one. I buy used cell phones all the time on there for myself and to resell. Just get the IMEI number and run it to make sure it's not blacklisted. They shouldnt have an issue giving you the IMEI number when you contact them to discuss buying it. Use swappa.com to check the IMEI. And you can ask if it is unlocked. Since your on AT&T you will be looking for an AT&T GSM phone. That means technically you could use a t-mobile phone. However that is where you would need to make sure it's (service carrier) unlocked. Meaning it will work on any GSM service. Since buying used cell phones is new to you just keep it simple and make sure you just buy a AT&T version of whatever you cell phone you want.

Before you even leave to go meet them make sure you tell them you will have to see it working. When you show up make sure that powers on. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU IT JUST NEEDS CHARGING.. First thing you want to do is check the IMEI and make sure it matches what they told you. To find your IMEI number, type *#06# on the phone keyboard, or is located in the battery compartment.

• ok. I just did a quick Craigslist search around me and found a couple of examples to show you.... This first ad is one I might get more details on but I don't think you should. Just because of the potential for a miscommunication between the seller and buyer.

The first is a Straighttalk iphone 5. Being that its a straighttalk phone we can make the rough assumption that it is already unlocked. But we just dont know weather it is a CDMA phone or if it is a GSM band cell phone. CDMA phones will only work with carriers like Verizon or Sprint and typically do NOT have a SIM slot. You are looking for a GSM band cell phone and it will have a SIM slot.

Since the person that listed it didnt tell you in the ad what type of service this phone was used on you would have to get in touch with them and ask. They may not even know. Because Straighttalk sells both types of service. At this point the only way to find out is to get them to tell you what it is by giving you the model number and you Google it. That would tell you what carrier it could be used on. See how this phone is a pain to buy. Like I said earlier I might if it was a screaming deal but it's not...

The second phone is worth looking at. It's a Iphone 6 and in great shape. It has a good price and plenty of details. Depending on how they seller communicated with me I would go meet this person and buy it. It's a real deal scuffed and good phone...IMO

• I swear you have the best luck with craiglist, I have never been able to find anything worth buying, I have a search setup looking for lifts hoping that someday i might find one.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.