Carbon fiber hydro dipping

• So I've really liked @'NJSling'' s.c. Tubing or pipes which Ever you prefer. I got to see them in person at the adirondacks.ive been on a mission to kinda do the same thing with my turbo piping . Was first looking to see if alpha could make real carbon fiber ones, didn't work out I guess. Not high enough demand to be worth it. So I figured I would dip them like they did for @NJSling. So I bought a set of tubing off alpha in raw finish thinking they could be easily dipped, but paint shop is telling me they will look terrible once the heat hits them. Wondering if Anyone else has done them . And if anyone has seen njsling's slingshot in person since then did the dipping hold up. Just incase you don't know what I'm talking or haven't seen it the build

• Those pictures look familiar... Haha.

I swapped in one of our Built engines there in the hotel parking lot at the adirondacks meet, supercharged it, then took those photos.

Engine Swap and Rotrex install at the Adirondack's 2016

They look great for sure. I will try to find out who did the charge tubes for him.

Thanks,

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• @MACAWS i wanna see if the hydro dipping is goin to hold up before i call anyone else . my local guy is claiming its goin to look like shit once the heat cycles through it a few times.could be a week or could be longer he says the clear coat is just gonna peel.i don't know but he definitely doesn't just want to take my money, and @Jeff@DDMWorks could you find up how the dipping has held up with the heat any pictures would be great.

• finally found a local, guy well in mass at least, hour and a half ride from me . for the local members interested the guy is out of holyoke. getting a bunch of random pieces and accessories dipped. i should have some of the parts back this friday and have to drop off some others i will post pictures up once i have them.and also wanted to add i knew the first guy i tried was blowing smoke about the charge pipes getting ruing after they get exposed to heat, this new guy i found told me not unless they got 350 degrees i wish sometimes people would be forward and just tell me they didn't want the business

• @MiM oh trust me i brought that up to the first shop and he responded by telling me it was aluminum and a lot thicker it was bs i knew it but it was fine it was the 3rd time the guy rubbed me the wrong way but i was trying to keep my business local like in town .he pushed me to find someone further but way cheaper. actually gonna have my valve cover redone. gonna dip all the engine bay caps, catch can ,surge tank charging pipes, the covers for behind the headlights from rrr.the rrr strut bar or support bar, roll hoops, glove compartment door and interior side panels i believe @Chowder just did them. got a bunch of other little pieces that he's not to sure he can do because of quality. but i will be posting some pictures

• @MiM oh trust me i brought that up to the first shop and he responded by telling me it was aluminum and a lot thicker it was bs i knew it but it was fine it was the 3rd time the guy rubbed me the wrong way but i was trying to keep my business local like in town .he pushed me to find someone further but way cheaper. actually gonna have my valve cover redone. gonna dip all the engine bay caps, catch can ,surge tank charging pipes, the covers for behind the headlights from rrr.the rrr strut bar or support bar, roll hoops, glove compartment door and interior side panels i believe @Chowder just did them. got a bunch of other little pieces that he's not to sure he can do because of quality. but i will be posting some pictures

yes I did do the interior side pieces. Picking up the last of my parts Thursday or Friday. Busy playing in the mud in West Virginia till then.