Sad - another SS accident...

• Damn... sorry to read this news - prayers to the family. I hope more info is released on the reason of the crash incident. Very sad!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• If the reporter is correct, the SS hit a dip in the road and the right front knuckle assembly came off. In the video it looks like the wheel split just inside the bead and the ball joints popped out of the control arms.

It's sad this happened.

• If the reporter is correct, the SS hit a dip in the road and the right front knuckle assembly came off. In the video it looks like the wheel split just inside the bead and the ball joints popped out of the control arms.

It's sad this happened.

This looks pretty accurate... Worries me because Houston has some horrible roads and there are many bumps I hit that cause me to catch a bit of air and if something just snaps or breaks off... Well damn...

Could there be legal repercussions @Bill Martin?

Also, thanks for posting @Tripod! This must be the accident Zorro (previous owner I bought the Slingshot from in California) texted me about yesterday as we continue to check in on each other...

• Such a tragedy to be taken in their prime regardless of circumstances. Our condolences to all family and friends.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• This looks pretty accurate... Worries me because Houston has some horrible roads and there are many bumps I hit that cause me to catch a bit of air and if something just snaps or breaks off... Well damn...
    Could there be legal repercussions @Bill Martin?

Also, thanks for posting @Tripod! This must be the accident Zorro (previous owner I bought the Slingshot from in California) texted me about yesterday as we continue to check in on each other...

Very sad indeed but it would appear excessive speed would HAVE to be a factor in this accident making any type recovery negligible from the city. I have been all over that area and it is HIGHLY populated with WEALTHY folks so roads are maintained pretty well there.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Condolences to the family of the deceased. News stories are often full of bad info. The remnants of the front wheel would indicate damage at speed, the rim is attached but destroyed. The part would travel a significant distance after coming off, laying close to the dip in the road would indicate the dip didn't cause it to come off.
    I'm sure more will come out about the crash,the roadway and evidence will tell the story.

It's sad this happened.

The tire is gone the inside rim is is gone the outside rim shows rolling damage. The assembly is laying close to the dip in The road. The damage to the wheel didn't happen after the dip. I would wager the first harmful event took place well before the dip.

• In the video, there is a flipped sling, and at the end, a speed limit sign for 35 mph.

Horrible to lose yet another rider, but there is more to this story, me thinks. Flipping a sling at 35 mph is quite an accomplishment. A dip in the road won't do it.

My takeaway is always put on your seatbelt (still think buckets are stupid), and if you are too pickled, crash on somebody's couch rather than crash on the road.

Sigh. This is sad news. Ride safe my friends. We don't need more of these stories.

• Horrible to see something like this
    If I read it correctly it sheered a hydrant - must have had some speed for something as light as an SS to sheer a hydrant

Hydrants sheer surprisingly easy. They are designed that way so an impact won't damage the supplynlines under them. It also make it quick and cheaper to replace them.

• Read on another forum it started from a dip in the road which caused this slingshot to fishtail, the Front Right wheel broke off then causing the slingshot to roll and in process the driver was ejected.. Very sad.. One of our local riders..

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif