Review of Alpha CAI and Side Exit Exhaust with 1320 Header

• I have the VI Engineered CAI with 1320 header and FabFactory exhaust. Unless I was absolutely flush with money I wouldn't bother with the MEFI flash. I have enough trouble keeping that rear wheel pointed straight as it is now. I also have the latest Polaris flash and it appears to have gotten rid of rev hang and downshift to idle burble. Still waiting (but riding) for Master cylinder seals.

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• Canoehead could you please tell me what version the Polaris flash is? My dealer continues to tell me there haven't been any updated ECU flashes and i have the 2015 fast gray one. Thanks :D

PAX SUPERIORE VI TELARUM

• Wow!

The conversations I try to avoid. Superchargers and Turbos are cute. But what happens when those come against a real motor with a real driver?

Inline 4. Turbos and Superchargers again are cute but all motor is different world. Mills, ports, bores, cams, valves are just the beginning to building a real motor. Dyno it up with the bolt on power. Don't soil your panties when you see what a real aspirated motor beings to the table.

Just a thought

• Welcome to the board :)

And, about the real motor.....oh, it's been brought too........ right @Turbosling ? You must have a little soundbyte for this baby hidden somewhere right?

• Not too many of us here are "real drivers" and about the same number have enough disposable income and the desire to put a huge naturally aspirated motor in one of these. We're just good people that like to tinker and have fun. More of a family than anything else. Welcome to the group.

• Welcome to the forum.
    I think you will find there is only so much power you can put out in a SS that can be used with a good driver on the road in the turns. While at the same time those who wish to go straight line have a different number. That HP is pretty much already being made with the Turbos and Superchargers. If you want a real built asperiated motor look at what tango has done with a V8, or a built motor with a Turbo V8 can be found at Alpha.
    HP numbers range with the Turbos and Superchargers from 250 to 518 with the 2.4. Don't know how much better power to weight can be run as compared to other rides in this price range.

• Welcome to the forum.
    I think you will find there is only so much power you can put out in a SS that can be used with a good driver on the road in the turns. While at the same time those who wish to go straight line have a different number. That HP is pretty much already being made with the Turbos and Superchargers. If you want a real built asperiated motor look at what tango has done with a V8, or a built motor with a Turbo V8 can be found at Alpha.
    HP numbers range with the Turbos and Superchargers from 250 to 518 with the 2.4. Don't know how much better power to weight can be run as compared to other rides in this price range.

And do not forget around 180 HP without the turbo or SC at the rear wheel.

• So far I'm content with the stock Sling... Have been able to hit about 110-115mph (love 4th gear)... Every now and then 3rd and 4th push my head back if I floor it/pump it...

But yes, when the money is there, header, exhaust, supercharger, tune, and rear fattie...

• Just fitted the Alpha headder & variable exhaust, today. All went together vevery well and smoothly. Great!

Next job was the Alpha CAI. I could not get enough slack for the repositioning of the wireing in the new location, however, intalling the hardware upsidedown it all wet back OK. I hope thats allright to fit it like that
    - Please (someone) let me know if its not-

Everything worked well. However, wen I took it out into the open air and poked the acelerator the engin light came on...
    Have I done someting wrong? Or will everythong settle it all down ehen the ECU eorks iut wat it's working eith?

All the best, from UK_Paul