2018 Slingshot Forum Members Calendar

• What would you like to see in a 2018 Slingshot Forum Members Calender 23

The result is only visible to the participants.

Well it is obvious that this is going to be a great year for all of us on the Slingshotinfo.com forum. How can I tell? I'm already seeing tons of fantastic, calendar worthy pictures show up in the awesome threads!!

You might think it is too early but (and only if you want me to or no one else wants to do it instead) it is time to start thinking about the 2018 calendar!

First things first, and most importantly, we need a place where forum members can submit their full size-full resolution photos so they don't get lost or forgotten during the upcoming rides and rallies in store for many of us in 2017. For that, I recommend a gmail account .... so how about 2018slingshotcalendar@gmail.com .... if there some volunteers to pic which photos from the all the submissions make the 2018 calendar I'm more than happy to give you the login information

GO AHEAD, START SUBMITTING YOUR FAVORITE AND BEST SLINGSHOT PHOTOS OF 2017

Next, we need to figure out the format for the calendar ... a standard 12 month calendar or something that can hold even more photos of our cooler than hell rides and better than great friends? The poll has the options that quickly come to mind - I haven't priced anything with my printer yet - that can always be done later or with any printer that you may know. So, pick what sounds best to you - nothing is locked in stone just a starting point and if you have a great idea please share

• I love it!

So... I had mentioned in a Houston thread... What about calendars by region???

For example:

1. A combined calendar (all inclusive of slingshotinfo.com)

2. A North calender, South, East, etc...

How many bought more than one calender? Well, wouldn't it be awesome to have much more pictures rather than seeing the same thing in each room/office?

Also, it would likely get me (and maybe others) to purchase more than one calender... Because I'd want to see everyone's Sling!

Just a thought... :whistling:

• I hate to make this suggestion since there aren't any in my area, so I couldn't help out. BUT, does anyone have a high school that has a graphics department (like a trade school)? They usually do great work for not much more than costs, so the students get real world experiences. You might be able to get the costs down a LOT. Plus shipping them out using the usps media mail rate could save on shipping costs as well. Just a couple thoughts

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I'll take 2 please :) Thank you for committing to do this again for our community. It is a fabulous calendar! I can't even imagine the amount of time and effort spent to do it. Thanks again!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Just like 2017...I'm in for 3!!!
    I like the idea of a 2 week calendar, but I'm so lazy, I can barely remember to turn the page every 4 weeks, I'd never keep up with having to do it every 2 weeks!!! :00008862:

Maybe we need to put together, and publish, a really nice coffee table edition with tons of Sling pics and the owner's stories that go with each and every one!!! Since I've been a member of the community, I've heard so many interesting stories, and adventures, that many of them have already started fading away. Just @slingking 's adventure alone was an epic journey that had many twists and turns, and even led to his awesome videos. But, sadly, it's all faded to the point that most of the members here don't even know who he is and what he did for the Slingshot community. The adventures of @Slingshot Garage is another epic journey already fading away. There are tons of this type of memories that are fading away........and away.....and away.......
    And there are new stories / adventures being created almost daily!!!!! :00010317:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I like the idea of a calendar with more pages, but I imagine that would also double the cost...and it might be harder to sell a $40 calendar than a $20 calendar.

That being said, I love the idea of more pictures...but also we shouldn't overdo it. You always want to leave people hungry for more, than give them everything and leave them sated and bored.

• Have you tried places like Vista Print and Shutterfly for pricing? We would probably get one again. The trade school sounds like a good suggestion as well. Thanks again for taking on this wonderful project. Don't want to overprice. Book idea is a great one!

• I have contacted local high schools because we had a full printing press when I was back in school but over the decades since then they have all been given up on as the change in the marketplace - sad as that's how I got into photography. I contacted two local technical colleges and they too no longer offer such programs. Finding a quality printer online that's uses quality paper, color correction, etc. At a reasonable price is somewhat easy .... postal and handling is a significant piece of the overall expense. Love having the ideas so keep them coming but two things are more important. ....

I. Take photos of your ride and your adventures
    2. Share those photos now so you don't forget them

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

• I hate to make this suggestion since there aren't any in my area, so I couldn't help out. BUT, does anyone have a high school that has a graphics department (like a trade school)? They usually do great work for not much more than costs, so the students get real world experiences. You might be able to get the costs down a LOT. Plus shipping them out using the usps media mail rate could save on shipping costs as well. Just a couple thoughts

FITS, as @Ross states in the post above, postage and shipping materials was a significant part of the costs. I did look into media mail, but I didn't feel that our calendars met the qualifications. You can read it for yourself here, MEDIA MAIL SERVICE

I'm all for bending some rules, but I didn't want to put you folks or myself into any type of compromising situation over some calendars.

• It appears to be in the grey area of their requiremenst. I'd check with the local postmaster for his "interpretation" and use that as a guidline. I've sold plenty of automotive owners manuals on eBay and the Daytona Post Office says they can be shipped in media mail - including the leather case it comes in. So if they turn a blind eye to that, I can't see the problem with a calendar that has no advertising any for profit business. I'll check here to see what they say

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• why you trying to divide the family, man?! ;)