Alpha Supercharger Initial Impressions/Review

• First I'd like to say congratulations to @jaytee on his purchase of an Alpha Supercharger! He got it powder coated in blue and it is gor-ge-us!! @Jdin and I gave him a hand installing on Monday. The install was pretty straight forward. I have the JonV Turbo and I would say that the time and difficulty of install was about the same level, though it was a VERY different install. The Alpha Supercharger seems to be a bit more polished and a notch above the others in my humble opinion. This in no way is meant to take anything from any of the other kits available on the market, it's just that it seems that Alpha went the extra mile to make this bolt on kit seem refined! I'm simply telling you as I see it, Henry doesn't even know I'm writing this... Don't worry, I'll give you the ugly as well, but I'm telling you now, it's minuscule.

So here are my likes about he Alpha SC kit:

I like Alpha's elbow that relocates the throttle body. I think this piece has been proven in Alpha's CAI over the last few years. I'm not sure if it is the exact same as the CAI, but it looks very similar. I would imagine that the elbow would help ensure smooth airflow going into the intake manifold.

I really like the bracketry that slide the alternator over a bit and bracketry that mounts the supercharger. It appears to be machined out of billet aluminum and is highly accurate in fit. Very nice quality pieces here.

The kit over all looks amazing mounted up! ALPHA on that intercooler!!

There were really only 2 things that I could call "cons" or negatives:

1) I really wasn't enthused about the radiator mount/brace that replaced the stock cross member. It just looks wimpy!

2) I forewarn you, this is a stretch!! There were a total of 6 screws/bolts missing! I KNOW!!! The travesty!! No, but really, a couple quick trips to the hardware store rectified that "hardly an issue".

Very nice kit and almost... almost makes me wish I had a SC! ;)

Okay, if you are still with me, let me tell you that at this point we still haven't turned key. We pulled the ECU Monday and @jaytee shipped it overnight to Bob. Shout out to @MEFIburn, he expedited that thing and it's expected back tomorrow so we should be able to start that puppy up soon, so stay tuned!!

• Great install brother... clean and professional. :thumbup:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Thanks Brother! It was a lot of fun, I truly enjoyed hanging out with @jaytee and @Jdin and doing this install. @jaytee was excellent, feeding us, ensuring we had coffee for the AM and beer for the later AM into the later PM.

We finished up the install today, installing the newly tuned ECU and DDMWorks Wilwood Big Brake Kit. These thing sounds great and runs like a scalded pig! Very happy for @jaytee who couldn't get the shit-eating grin off his face! :thumbsup:

• also guys if you purchase this alpha SC make sure that your hood ribbings dont touch the supercharger..while we were running mine today, we noticed a notch in the supercharger where the hood ribbings hit the SC. Now i have a nice deep groove on my SC pipe ruining my beautiful blue coating.

• also guys if you purchase this alpha SC make sure that your hood ribbings dont touch the supercharger..while we were running mine today, we noticed a notch in the supercharger where the hood ribbings hit the SC. Now i have a nice deep groove on my SC pipe ruining my beautiful blue coating.

Pictures would be good to show location, like when owners first heard of the the valve cover without some pictures people really do not know the location of what to look for. Thanks @jaytee

@AlphaAndy, you no say hood rub on supercharger in install directions!!!

• Great job! Really looks good on there. Appreciate any post install driving review. Also, how long did it take to install? Was the 1 to 3 hours initially estimated accurate.

"Key benefits of the Alpha SC kit:

* Self contained supercharger. No oil lines, coolers, etc....
    * Ease of installation 1-3 hours depending on skill
    * Market leading efficient supercharger unit
    * Rebuild-able supercharger unit
    * Color options. Black, blue,red, pink, silver, candy red and more.
    * Compressor housing can be powder coated
    * Pre-paid Tuning"

• I'm sorry that I didn't post that after I installed. Alpha told me to make sure I put painters tape/paint marker on the top of mine and close the hood, so I could see if it was hitting. It was. Simple fix with my grinder on the plastic. I still occasionally see a rub mark when I open the hood, so I'll grind a little more. I believe this is caused by the excellent fitment of the hood itself.

It's a blast, your are going to love it... the smiles per miles just went up!

Woosh! love to hear that sound!

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• So this took us about 8 hours. Now there was some beer drinking, storytelling, looking for "where the hell did I put that wrench", etc. If you had all your tools well organized and all the parts laid out, you could probably do it in 4 or 5 hours. I think anything faster, you have either installed many of these already or you are skipping shit. I always see these unrealistically short install times advertised and I don't understand, and I am pretty handy with a wrench. There are things that may not be taken into the 1-3 hours such as having to refill and purge the air from the coolant system. However, my intent is never to do an install with a record time. It's to take my time, do it right, and enjoy the process and the good company if I am so fortunate to have it. That being said, I don't want a SC install to take 4 days either.